Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s exciting yours is coming tomorrow, I would have picked it up in any weather. Would have definitely checked the tires if it was snowing that day, but would have taken it home anyways. It has the new lights and the guy I met at delivery was really nice and helpful. I could not figure out how to open the cigarette lighter for the radar detector (it’s push not pull).
So I got my car Sunday. All was fine with the build, no misaligned seams anywhere and everything works well. The yoke is a piece of cake, took to it instantly. I’m working on the software learning curve but no major confusions.
I got the old headlights as I expected. I’m okay with that. I’m having fun!

So I got my car Sunday. All was fine with the build, no misaligned seams anywhere and everything works well. The yoke is a piece of cake, took to it instantly. I’m working on the software learning curve but no major confusions.
Congrats on your new car! Post some photos when you get a chance!

Big question. How many out there, like myself, have been delivered a new refreshed Tesla S, without any issues or problems, what so ever. Tiny panel gaps don’t count as well as difficult delivery experiences. Just thought it might be nice to know.
Mine needed the passenger rear handle adjusted because it was sticking occasionally, but other than that has been great. I wouldn't call that "no issues what so ever", but it was very minimal and fixed quickly. As for delivery problems, the roof of the SC collapsed the night before I was scheduled to take delivery, so they ended up just driving my car to me and driving the trade in back. EZ-PZ.

My delivery is next week, and I’m debating canceling my order. I currently have knee problems and a low sedan isn’t as practical as a SUV. I ordered in July, so I’m $15K or $20K under current pricing. I could buy it, and sell it if it’s uncomfortable. I don’t know what to do. I have FOMO on those sweet headlights and hinges.
I'd buy and resell. You should be able to at least break even.

Is that why a lot of us got bumped up? Cause we're not getting the most recent headlights? Mines like next week and I don't have Vin yet lol

I'd buy and resell. You should be able to at least break even.

For a data point.,, I had two orders originally, one with and without Arachnids (both orders white/black + FSD). Last June I received the arachnid order as a customer had rejected delivery. I planned on not taking the other order, however due to the mini refresh decided I would go ahead and trade in my 2021 which now had 5k miles. Tesla trade in was over 90k for the car with 5k miles which I thought was very fair so not too much of a loss to upgrade. Having a little anxiety going from arachnids to standard wheels, however figured it was worth it for the mini refresh and the latest model year.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Is that why a lot of us got bumped up? Cause we're not getting the most recent headlights? Mines like next week and I don't have Vin yet lol
I’ve no doubt it Tesla can move older stock they’ll do that first. It’s become pretty obvious their game, even with e.g. FSD-equipped Model Y showing earlier delivery dates. That’s the most brazenly open example of order priority.

Big question. How many out there, like myself, have been delivered a new refreshed Tesla S, without any issues or problems, what so ever. Tiny panel gaps don’t count as well as difficult delivery experiences. Just thought it might be nice to know.
Im a few weeks in, and only issue I have noted is started to get a slight creak sound from the seatback of the drivers seat when my weight shifts laterally during slowing during a turn mainly. Its so minor its only really heard when radio is off and not worth me taking it into the SC as I cant always reproduce it on demand. Eventually I may remove the seatback myself and see what may be rubbing. Or if it doesnt get worse, I'll probably leave it alone. Sometimes when dealing with issues like this, disassembling things have some potential of making things worse or introducing a new sound.

My delivery is next week, and I’m debating canceling my order. I currently have knee problems and a low sedan isn’t as practical as a SUV. I ordered in July, so I’m $15K or $20K under current pricing. I could buy it, and sell it if it’s uncomfortable. I don’t know what to do. I have FOMO on those sweet headlights and hinges.
@Ormond The impending vibration will massage that aching knee, so you should be fine! Just lean that knee up against the center console any time it needs a massage!

Are you installing the 2012-2020 OEM spoiler? Or the new plaid spoiler? I have the 2012-2020 OEM spoiler that someone sold me for $500, not sure if I should bother trying to get the service center to sell me the new plaid spoiler.
Plaid spoiler. Took me all of about 5-10 mins to install it this morning.

tempImagep7YyWs.jpg

My Estimated Delivery just got moved up this morning to May 1 - June 12. It was May 26-June 23 (or so) just yesterday. It is exciting as I have been waiting since 10-15-21. I have noticed that when the delivery window widens beyond 4 weeks, some deliveries actually are quickly after the wide window. Do I have a chance that delivery is imminent for a LR/Blue/Black/19/NO FSD?

I was also having knee problems and ended up getting a full knee replacement. My car came in and I put a hold on it. My new delivery window has been extended three months. Good luck.

What is the configuration of the car?