Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the brain trust.

Why is it I can place an order today, for any LR config, and have an EDD of July?

Similarly, any Plaid and get an EDD of June?

Not even buying FSD!

Yet some placed an order last July, and are still waiting?
Very good question. The answer is apparently $20,000! And waiting since 3/8/21 (with a wheel change in June 2021 since they were not shipping cars with 19" wheels).

I can’t figure out when the PRND lights (next to Hazard button) are supposed to light up. I know I saw them light up a couple times but no rhyme or reason of when they do.

Shift Using the Center Console​

In addition to manually shifting on the touchscreen, you can shift by pressing P, R, N or D located on the center console. In most situations, these buttons are not available until you press one of the buttons to activate it. When active, the LEDs associated with each button illuminate and when you select P, R, N or D, the associated LED illuminates amber.

In situations where the touchscreen is unavailable (for example, experiencing a technical issue), or Model Sis in Valet or Transport Mode, the drive mode selector on the center console activates automatically and there is no need to touch it.

Very good question. The answer is apparently $20,000! And waiting since 3/8/21 (with a wheel change in June 2021 since they were not shipping cars with 19" wheels).

I'm suspecting Tesla is intentionally screwing the early orders. Maybe twice, once with a delay, and probably another BOHICA as they may try to give you a reject or refresh, which you may have to accept or loose your reservation.

Not saying this is true, just a suspicion on my part.

I'm suspecting Tesla is intentionally screwing the early orders. Maybe twice, once with a delay, and probably another BOHICA as they may try to give you a reject or refresh, which you may have to accept or loose your reservation.

Not saying this is true, just a suspicion on my part.
Better not be. I’m going to raise a tremendous stink if that proves to be the case.

My Loyalty Advisor has been straight with me this whole journey and has stated on numerous occasions it will be a new build.

On a recorded line. :)

I can’t figure out when the PRND lights (next to Hazard button) are supposed to light up. I know I saw them light up a couple times but no rhyme or reason of when they do.
I noticed that for the first time yesterday. They are SUPPOSED to light up when the display is shot/reboot - check.
I was able to get them to light up when i hit the dual reset wheels but not long enough to trigger a screen reset (i was trying to light them up yesterday) - that part was really cool.
Then, I put on either netflix or a game or something for a second, and I think i was still seat belted, and i felt that they came on when the screen didn't show the left edge for park, etc. (though of course, you can't drive with the screen in some sort of game or entertainment mode)
they also stayed on for some of my drive for say, 10 seconds before turning off.
I think it would be sorta nice if they came on every time the car was ready to get into gear, though we're supposed to use the panel, or even better, let the car figure it out itself.
I am not sure if I ever had luck getting the gear selection when the lights were out - even lit, it takes a lot of pressure and patience to trigger.

I noticed that for the first time yesterday. They are SUPPOSED to light up when the display is shot/reboot - check.
I was able to get them to light up when i hit the dual reset wheels but not long enough to trigger a screen reset (i was trying to light them up yesterday) - that part was really cool.
Then, I put on either netflix or a game or something for a second, and I think i was still seat belted, and i felt that they came on when the screen didn't show the left edge for park, etc. (though of course, you can't drive with the screen in some sort of game or entertainment mode)
they also stayed on for some of my drive for say, 10 seconds before turning off.
I think it would be sorta nice if they came on every time the car was ready to get into gear, though we're supposed to use the panel, or even better, let the car figure it out itself.
I am not sure if I ever had luck getting the gear selection when the lights were out - even lit, it takes a lot of pressure and patience to trigger.

I know it it is a little inconvenient for them not to light but they always work regardless if lit or not you just have to remember which one is which.

That sounds a little dangerous. An invisible shifter is a feature now ;)

Making them invisible is one step to Elon's "the best shifter is no shifter" mentality.

They light up when touched and the car does not move until you press the pedal (your foot should be on the brake while pushing). Also, the buttons do not move.

Hi, I have 2 quick questions. I compared Tesla insurance vs Geico and with same coverage for the Model S LR Geico was $500/year cheaper. Is this also the observation that you have? Which insurance are you using?

Second, the way I understand the pickup is that I can inspect the car and then do a bank transfer using plaid payment connection in TESLA app with my chase bank. Can someone confirm? I finance so the amount is < $100k.

Hi, I have 2 quick questions. I compared Tesla insurance vs Geico and with same coverage for the Model S LR Geico was $500/year cheaper. Is this also the observation that you have? Which insurance are you using?

Second, the way I understand the pickup is that I can inspect the car and then do a bank transfer using plaid payment connection in TESLA app with my chase bank. Can someone confirm? I finance so the amount is < $100k.

Can't speak for Gieco, but Tesla insurance was about the same as Farmers/21st century. 29 years claim free with all the discounts. I switched to Tesla after Famers raised my Tesla premium by 4.5 times after a minor accident in another car.