Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chances are hardware 4.0 will be retrofitted to those who buy FSD. Question is: how far back can they realistically go? FOMO all over again.
If they were to do that, is there realistically any reason not to pay the $12K cost at that point? Not for FSD itself, but if I got an upgrade that helped future proof my car for $12K (instead of buying a new car) I'd likely do it.

Hi, I have 2 quick questions. I compared Tesla insurance vs Geico and with same coverage for the Model S LR Geico was $500/year cheaper. Is this also the observation that you have? Which insurance are you using?

Second, the way I understand the pickup is that I can inspect the car and then do a bank transfer using plaid payment connection in TESLA app with my chase bank. Can someone confirm? I finance so the amount is < $100k.
On the second question, Tesla recommends transferring funds a few days before delivery day. Plaids website indicates it can take up to 6 days. Additionally others have posted here about delays and denials on the first attempt to transfer.

If wanting to make payment day of I would take a cashiers check. Just be sure that your name and RN # is in the memo of the check (instructions my SA gave me when I inquired)

But they promised the people who bought FSD in 2017. But I didn’t buy FSD, just advanced autopilot On the 2017.
And folks with old 2.0 cameras are struggling to get them updated. Also they may define HW3 has what was promised but now HW4 will have new capabilities that were not promised with HW3 promised features. Like I think I heard Elon say something like HW3 will drive 3x better than a human but HW4 will be 10x. I don’t recall exact phrasing or numbers but it was something like that. My point is, there is lots of wiggle room. And they are getting better at this over promising stuff with more carefully worded promises.

Last edited:
On the second question, Tesla recommends transferring funds a few days before delivery day. Plaids website indicates it can take up to 6 days. Additionally others have posted here about delays and denials on the first attempt to transfer.

If wanting to make payment day of I would take a cashiers check. Just be sure that your name and RN # is in the memo of the check (instructions my SA gave me when I inquired)
You can pay by wire on the spot, after inspection, multiple ways. No delay.

Good point, was just referring to the Tesla / Plaid option. Others may be more consistent.
I think Tesla prefers you pay with Plaid (before or after inspection). It’s not always a question how long it takes to move the money. It’s if Tesla can verify you have the funds and possibly lock it before it actually moves. A cashiers check is a form of proving you have the funds and securing them for that transaction.

Can't speak for Gieco, but Tesla insurance was about the same as Farmers/21st century. 29 years claim free with all the discounts. I switched to Tesla after Famers raised my Tesla premium by 4.5 times after a minor accident in another car.
Yeah, I'm leaving progressive because my M3P is $200, and now they want $450 for my MSLR because someone t-boned me few years back -_-

Tesla insurance was $163/m... almost 32.

Ins is a fickle thing