Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla service. Where we fixed your (third time reported) issue, schedule a future appointment (will likely push that appointment, like we did three times to this one) and stain your white seat. All in one fail swoop.
Argh, I hear you though I wish they would push my appointment instead of taking my car for a week and doing nothing because they're too busy to look at it.

I took my car in for scheduled service last week because scheduled charging doesn't work (doesn't start charging on scheduled charging but will charge if I turn scheduled charging off). Unlike my initial speedy service to address a few cosmetic issues post delivery, my car has been in the "diagnosis queue" for a week now and my estimated completion date has passed 3x and just gets pushed to a later date each time (kind of like my delivery date).

When I asked (nicely), I was told that they had still not gotten through all their prior service requests (i.e. they haven't had a chance to look at my car yet). They nicely explained that they are impacted by the number of cars in for service.

I guess this is the price for Tesla's success BUT I would hope that they would space out their appts more if they can't handle the volume. I assumed an appt. meant that they had time to look at the car at that time, not that the car would enter a line at the service center waiting until someone could get to it. It's like Space Mountain at Disneyland: get past the winding line outside the building only to realize there is an equally long winding line inside the building.

As it stands now, it sounds like they may not look at my car until the end of the week or next week (if I'm lucky). Until then, it's sitting in the service parking lot waiting. I would go get my car so I could at least enjoy it BUT I don't want to end up at the back of the line when I want to actually get the scheduled charging issue fixed. I love the car so I can wait a little but if it's still waiting in line after 2 full weeks . . . (who am I kidding, what can I do).

I'm gonna be scarce here after today.

Went to the store to lift my hold which was for tommorow the 10th.

Was told the hold was already lifted. I did not give my SA permission, BTW.

I was checking my app as another SA was updating my account. No change. She said I should get the next match, likely this month.

Walking back to my old ICE car in the store lot, I happened to close the app, but just as I did, I saw a change.

Would you care to guess what it was?

Not this month...

Not next month...

Not 6 months from now...

Wait for it...

DEC 12-FEB 6th! I'm assuming Feb 2023, but who knows.

Walked back in, and was told, "Don't worry, the EDD will change soon"

WTF

I'm gonna be scarce here after today.

Went to the store to lift my hold which was for tommorow the 10th.

Was told the hold was already lifted. I did not give my SA permission, BTW.

I was checking my app as another SA was updating my account. No change. She said I should get the next match, likely this month.

Walking back to my old ICE car in the store lot, I happened to close the app, but just as I did, I saw a change.

Would you care to guess what it was?

Not this month...

Not next month...

Not 6 months from now...

Wait for it...

DEC 12-FEB 6th! I'm assuming Feb 2023, but who knows.

Walked back in, and was told, "Don't worry, the EDD will change soon"

WTF
I had the exact same thing happen. They lifted the hold early. EDD showed dec-feb then it changed to sept-oct and then a week later I got a text asking to schedule delivery appt. All of that happened within a month of the hold being lifted

Another delay. I’ll be out of town for that so I’m not sure what will happen.
Oh well

F91FE97B-7223-47D5-AF1D-1CEDCB189CDB.png

Hey all;

4) I will get a MC, although I already have two.

Would you explain MC for people that don't get acronyms, please? I don't want to spend an hour or two reading the thread to get it. "Master Console", "Moving Console"; which I hope I do not get, "Monster Chair", "Main Chair", "Micro Cooler", "My Cat", "My friends Cat", "Micro Center"?????

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Wonder why Tesla does not list the new headlights in, Feature Details.
Because it's a non-issue!!! I had Mercedes and BMW for years and headlights are headlights. Have you seen the comparison videos? They get so many "subjective responses" that it is obvious there is very little difference. The complaints about the new ones are they may be off-center; I have owned multiple Mercedes with headlights that are off-center by design; I'm sure you recall terms like Xenon, Bi-Xenon High-Intensity Discharge, BLAH BLAH BLAH, I've had so many cars that it really doesn't matter, they are headlights and they work. I am driving a very old Honda CRV right now since I returned my 2017-2018 Model X leas; standing in front of the headlights that the glass is so dull that it needs repair, guess what!!! THEY STILL WORK!!!!!. This is on a car that is a fraction of the price. Booooooom baby they are just headlights they work. :) "Wonder why Tesla does not list the new headlights in, Feature Details"? Probably because they are headlights and all cars have headlights?

A little off topic, not that will bother most here, and then I'm off to the LR threads. The chance of me buying a Plaid is near zero at this point.

Tesla should do a better job of listing all the features of the Refresh. Little things like door pockets, they do add up.

Mercedes and other mfg do a much better job listing features.

White interior Model S Refresh people. Does it stay as clean as the Model 3/Y interior with the vents in the seats?
I had a Model X lease for 3 years; those seats are not leather seats; you can wipe anything off of them. When I turned it in the white seats were still as good as new. They also don't wrinkle as leather seats do; don't get me wrong, I LOVE leather seats and still miss them, however, Tesla seats are very low maintenance.

Because it's a non-issue!!! I had Mercedes and BMW for years and headlights are headlights. Have you seen the comparison videos? They get so many "subjective responses" that it is obvious there is very little difference. The complaints about the new ones are they may be off-center; I have owned multiple Mercedes with headlights that are off-center by design; I'm sure you recall terms like Xenon, Bi-Xenon High-Intensity Discharge, BLAH BLAH BLAH, I've had so many cars that it really doesn't matter, they are headlights and they work. I am driving a very old Honda CRV right now since I returned my 2017-2018 Model X leas; standing in front of the headlights that the glass is so dull that it needs repair, guess what!!! THEY STILL WORK!!!!!. This is on a car that is a fraction of the price. Booooooom baby they are just headlights they work. :) "Wonder why Tesla does not list the new headlights in, Feature Details"? Probably because they are headlights and all cars have headlights?

It's a non-issue, other than they are/were crap headlights, and I challenge you to find me a car in the S (Plaid especially) price point that has such crap headlights. Going from my 2019 Model 3 Performance (which didn't even have matrix LED!) to the 2021 S Plaid was a real jaw dropper, let me tell you.

On the straightaway, visibility was fair on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was inadequate in all 4 tests.

The low beams created some glare.

When the best thing you can say is that visibility is FAIR, you know they're rubbish. For the rest, inadequate.

Compare the Model 3:

On the straightaway, visibility was good on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was good on the gradual left and both right curves and fair on the sharp left curve.

The low beams never exceeded glare limits.

And note, "Good" is the highest rating!

I swear, it's like repeating myself over and over. If you're happy with the S lights pre-projector/matrix LED, great. But they're junk. Absolute crap compared to cars costing a quarter of the price of a Plaid.