Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just realized, I'm about a week away from production! I predict it will most likely begin 28-30. I'm not exactly sure why, but the time seems to be flying faster than I would have expected. Maybe keeping my mind off of my own order by reading tons of Tesla stuff helps? Might also have something to do with certain related anxieties that have the opposite effect on time.

wow...4 days later on confirmation than OLL and the big wait over the Summer

Order date: May 9th
Confirmation date: May 23rd
VIN assigned: not yet
Estimated Delivery: "Late August"

@testa - estimates are estimates. We will see how it all shakes out in the end. BTW, did you order an 85 or P85?

- - - Updated - - -

update: I received my VIN tonight within the last hour or so. No email from Tesla, but I noticed the change on the My Tesla site.

That makes little sense - the Oct. delivery. Someone just ordered less than two weeks ago and got a late June delivery. Also a US-located order. Give a call to the corporate HQ to validate the claim.

Tesla's website is currently quoting late September for California delivery. Popular opinion is the assembly line adjustments in August to bring another line up combined with China demand.

@ bja70

Confirmed my P85 on May 13 also. First they said beginning of July, then it showed up on the dashboard as Late August. I called them asking what happened here and it was changed to Late July so may be you could call them to see why late August. I confirmed it two days after placing the order, May 11, so hopefully it will be mid July instead of late July. Driving my wife nutty talking about it :)

@ bja70

That's funny because I also originally ordered the S85 and my wife said to go for the P85 also after confirming the S85. No I have not received my VIN yet, have you? Kinda wonder about that because seems like several people received their VIN very shortly after having confirmed the order?!

@ bja70
No, I still don't have my VIN yet and checking my dashboard everyday :( Have you? I notice that people got their VIN pretty quickly about 10 days to two weeks after having confirmed the order. Yes, I will have them put on the spoiler. May be I will call them on Monday if I have time to check on the VIN thing.

6/9/14: Finally, late today the VIN showed up. Good gosh, this is getting way too stressful :p At least when my wife had her C-section with our twins, we had a firm "delivery" date and time ;)

Last edited:
That makes little sense - the Oct. delivery. Someone just ordered less than two weeks ago and got a late June delivery. Also a US-located order. Give a call to the corporate HQ to validate the claim.

When I ordered on the 22nd it was showing Late September for delivery. (I'm in the Boston area). When I confirmed on the 24th it changed to September, so I wouldn't be surprised if it shows October for someone who orders but doesn't confirm quickly.

I placed my order for our P85 at the Longwood/Orlando Florida Store on 5/28 and the order delivery page said "late September". I asked to have it delivered on my birthday in the first week of October and they assured me that that would make the firm date achievable. So October 8th it is even though I could possibly have had it a week or so earlier. Happy Birthday to me!!!!!

Last edited: