Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys!

I just took delivery and I swore I saw I had version 5.11

I was wondering where the option for Hill Assist was, because it showed it in the actual logs but didn't describe where it was. That hill roll back bugs me :p

Also here is my happy dopey face. The car is everything I imagined it to be and more. I am going to be driving this thing into the ground for the next decade! I am only buying Tesla from now on!! (Hopefully when they are cheaper of course)

TeslaJ.jpg

Moved from Sourcing to "in production" sometime during the day today: June 10th!

Confirmed May 8, 2014
Vin Assigned May 9, 2014
VIN: 43,470
Expected Delivery June 27 New Jersey
Charger Installed in my NYC garage yesterday!
P85 Blue/Tan Obeche Matte, Tech Package, Smart Air Suspension, Parking Sensors, Ultra High Fidelity Sound, Alcantara Headliner, Premium Interior Lighting, Subzero Weather Package, 19" Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade, Paint Armor

Moved from Sourcing to "in production" sometime during the day today: June 10th!

the VINs are getting close to mine. i'm still in "sourcing" but delivery has been scheduled for 6/20 for a long time. emailed DS and he said it's cutting it close and he'll let me know on monday if 6/20 is going to be the day. starting to seem like it's not possible with only 8 days left :crying:

Production starts may be decided by delivery geography

the VINs are getting close to mine. i'm still in "sourcing" but delivery has been scheduled for 6/20 for a long time. emailed DS and he said it's cutting it close and he'll let me know on monday if 6/20 is going to be the day. starting to seem like it's not possible with only 8 days left :crying:

Wamochi:

You may be ok. Start to finish production is only about three days. (My vehicle just finished production according to the website.) Delivery in San Diego is probably only a single day drive from Fremont. If Tesla's manufacturing execution is really sophisticated, they may be batching groups of cars together by delivery location so the vehicles roll off the line in the sequence they need to be loaded onto a transport vehicle. Since you Californians have a huge proportion of Teslas, I'd bet they have their delivery planning pretty well designed around both production and dispatch. I was just out your way a few weeks ago, and given both the weather and the beauty of your part of the country you don't have too much to complain about. (Although it was HOT and loads of fires in the area, but still an absolutely jaw droppingly nice place to live.)

Keep us posted!

Wamochi:

You may be ok. Start to finish production is only about three days. (My vehicle just finished production according to the website.) Delivery in San Diego is probably only a single day drive from Fremont. If Tesla's manufacturing execution is really sophisticated, they may be batching groups of cars together by delivery location so the vehicles roll off the line in the sequence they need to be loaded onto a transport vehicle. Since you Californians have a huge proportion of Teslas, I'd bet they have their delivery planning pretty well designed around both production and dispatch. I was just out your way a few weeks ago, and given both the weather and the beauty of your part of the country you don't have too much to complain about. (Although it was HOT and loads of fires in the area, but still an absolutely jaw droppingly nice place to live.)

Keep us posted!

thanks for the pep talk!

will keep you all posted as it goes along. another member here from SD had start of production to delivery in 8 calendar days. so i'm hoping for the same, but i have heard MC white is an extra day on the line? and isn't there a day of testing in fremont (after it rolls off the line) and a day of prep at the SC?

i am crossing my fingers that they've nailed a JIT type system ... but right now i need a miracle! still sourcing parts as of right now ...

@wamochi - Have you gotten your MVPA yet? According to my DS, I am still scheduled for a 6/30 delivery date, and I should have the MVPA a week to 10 days before delivery. Once that I start seeing final paperwork and transferring funds, then the excitement really begins. And do not worry about what your dashboard says!!!! Your DS knows exactly where your car is in the production cycle. I have discovered from observation that being a DS is not an easy job. They have to move a lot of pieces on a chess board while keeping anxious customers like us happy. Since I am in Nashville and until the SC here goes live, I am still working through the Marietta/Atlanta SC. I intend on physically meeting my DS someday and giving him a bottle of single malt for putting up with neurotic people like me. Anyway, a bottle of scotch is cheaper than therapy.

@wamochi - Have you gotten your MVPA yet? According to my DS, I am still scheduled for a 6/30 delivery date, and I should have the MVPA a week to 10 days before delivery. Once that I start seeing final paperwork and transferring funds, then the excitement really begins. And do not worry about what your dashboard says!!!! Your DS knows exactly where your car is in the production cycle. I have discovered from observation that being a DS is not an easy job. They have to move a lot of pieces on a chess board while keeping anxious customers like us happy. Since I am in Nashville and until the SC here goes live, I am still working through the Marietta/Atlanta SC. I intend on physically meeting my DS someday and giving him a bottle of single malt for putting up with neurotic people like me. Anyway, a bottle of scotch is cheaper than therapy.

hey steve - yes MVPA was received on 5/30 and signed a few days later. we have financing lined up and ready to fund with our local credit union but i told the CU i'll wait to fund on the day before car arrives (no sense paying interest until it's actually here). the half we are paying in cash can be paid with a cashiers check on day of delivery, according to DS. so that's what we have been waiting to do.

DS only says that the car's delivery date won't be really firm until mid next week, i guess when he anticipates it being done and on a carrier. he's hoping it will be the 20th/21st but really i just don't see how a car that is still sourcing parts as of now is going to make it in 7 days! not possible unless they start literally RIGHT NOW!

@wamochi - guess who changes the screen from sourcing to "in production" - it is your DS. Since y'all have already discussed the delivery times, he probably has not changed your dashboard yet. My VIN is 44493 and factoring in that I am 500 cars behind you and the travel time to Tennessee, I think that the 30th for me is probably an accurate date. I am suppose to get my MVPA next week and will discuss then with the DS wiring instructions. The sad news is that I am suppose to be in NYC on the 30th so I may have to take delivery the next day ---- shucks.

Personally, I think that your car is done or really, really close. I do have a question. I like your configuration. What made you opt for the 60 instead of the 85. Since we do not have Superchargers in TN yet, I opted for HPWC, the 85, and the dual chargers.

@wamochi - guess who changes the screen from sourcing to "in production" - it is your DS. Since y'all have already discussed the delivery times, he probably has not changed your dashboard yet. My VIN is 44493 and factoring in that I am 500 cars behind you and the travel time to Tennessee, I think that the 30th for me is probably an accurate date. I am suppose to get my MVPA next week and will discuss then with the DS wiring instructions. The sad news is that I am suppose to be in NYC on the 30th so I may have to take delivery the next day ---- shucks.

Personally, I think that your car is done or really, really close. I do have a question. I like your configuration. What made you opt for the 60 instead of the 85. Since we do not have Superchargers in TN yet, I opted for HPWC, the 85, and the dual chargers.

r u sure? i didn't know that the DS did that. even if that is true, i have been in contact with the DS for a few days this week and he has said that he won't know much until mid next week where we are at and "by then it should be in production" ... doesn't sound too promising!

i feel like everyone on this board that closely follows their status on My Tesla reports seeing "in production" and "production complete", and i haven't seen either yet. so it's hard for me to envision that it's actually done and DS hasn't flipped the switches on My Tesla. in any case, it's not a huge deal if it's late, but my husband does travel a lot for work and won't be around the week after. we are both supposed to be present for signing DMV papers so if the car is late we may have to wait a week to get it when he returns. so other than potential scheduling conflicts, we are fine waiting, but of course the anticipation this close to the finish line is tough!

it's also strange that the June 20th date was set up so dang early on May 9th and hasn't budged since then.

about the 60, keeping it short (not meant for debate!):

- we aren't road trippers, never have been. we fly to vegas and SF. companion status on SWA means i fly free.
- the tesla replaces a hybrid that has never been driven more than 150 miles per day in the 3 years lease; in fact it's never left SD county since i brought it back from OC 3 years ago
- superchargers are great but we are keeping our 7 seater SUV for out of town visitors and it has some creature comforts that make longer trips enjoyable, despite the cost of gas.
- our PV system produces enough to charge an EV for 12000 mi, so our preferred method of charging will always be at home in our garage (NEMA 14-50 installed last year)
- it's not about budget for us, just about expected use. i use the gadgets (pano, parking, lighting, etc) every day whereas the extra range in 85 might get used once a year if i forced myself.
- i'll take the $10,000 saved and buy other things like extended warranty, etc that we ordinarily never use because we usually lease!

we could have gone either way, and in the beginning i was struggling with not changing to 85 or adding the $2000 SC. but i made it to the homestretch :smile: can't wait to see it in person soon! will keep you posted!

- - - Updated - - -

My S60 was loaded up and shipped out today, DS is targeting delivery a day early, Monday! Hopefully these next few days go quickly!

congrats!!!!! awesome news!

Last edited:
@wamochi - I am pretty sure that the DS knows exactly what is going on and not for you to rely on the dashboard. It is his job to keep track of the cars assigned to him. Your rationale for choosing the S60 was completely logical, especially living in SD. Being in TN, the choosing the 85 was a no-brainer. TN is a long and narrow state, and sometimes you need the additional range. Other than getting the 85 over the 60, our configuration is similar. I rejected the 21" tires and the high end wheels because my Bentley suffered from an acute case of curb rash. And I got tired replacing 21" tires on the Bentley every 12,000 miles. Since my car is black with a black interior and pano roof, the piano black looked the best to me. I was on the fence about the ambient lighting and am wondering if I made a mistake passing on that one. The HPWC and dual chargers were chosen because my wife had range anxiety, and it made her feel better. The only reason that I did not get the center console was because my wife said that she likes having a place for her purse.

This is what makes Tesla special. Everyone has a reason for getting the car the way that they want it and not have to settle for what is on the floor at a dealer has in stock. The pearl white was a Very close second when I was choosing colors. Tennessee is still lucky that with TVA, electricity is still cheaper than other parts of the country. I too will use every gadgets in the car so I am excited over it.

Finally, I have an SWA companion pass also, and my wife and I are using it three times in the next month - a trip to NYC, Chicago, and Hilton Head. Next to the Model S, a companion pass and a TSA pre-certification are the best things since slice bread.

Your Model S sounds phenomenal, and I am excited for you that your VIN is 555 lower than mine and will get your car 10 days earlier. Congratulations!!!!

wamochi, if it's any consolation, I have a P85 scheduled for delivery at the factory on June 19, and My Tesla is still at 'Sourcing parts'. My DS hasn't told me it's going to be late, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

maxwells, your P85 should start production on June 13 (Friday), complete production on June 17 (Tuesday, which is three working days, not counting Saturday and Sunday) and be ready for delivery in Fremont on June 19 (Thursday).

If your P85 goes into production on Friday, your delivery could be early. Alternatively, even if it goes into production on Monday, you could take delivery on Thursday.

End of the quarter ... they want to deliver your car as promised!

wamochi, if it's any consolation, I have a P85 scheduled for delivery at the factory on June 19, and My Tesla is still at 'Sourcing parts'. My DS hasn't told me it's going to be late, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

thanks, that actually does make me feel better LOL. this thread is like much needed group therapy for OCD anticipation (or impatience).

i think you will make it with a factory delivery! doesn't hurt to have a P85 either :cool: i'm sure you'll be scooted to the front of the line any time now!

maxwells, your P85 should start production on June 13 (Friday), complete production on June 17 (Tuesday, which is three working days, not counting Saturday and Sunday) and be ready for delivery in Fremont on June 19 (Thursday).

If your P85 goes into production on Friday, your delivery could be early. Alternatively, even if it goes into production on Monday, you could take delivery on Thursday.

End of the quarter ... they want to deliver your car as promised!

From your keyboard to Tesla's ears!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks, that actually does make me feel better LOL. this thread is like much needed group therapy for OCD anticipation (or impatience).

i think you will make it with a factory delivery! doesn't hurt to have a P85 either :cool: i'm sure you'll be scooted to the front of the line any time now!

This is totally a support group for neurotic soon-to-be owners.