Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@wamochi - I am pretty sure that the DS knows exactly what is going on and not for you to rely on the dashboard. It is his job to keep track of the cars assigned to him. Your rationale for choosing the S60 was completely logical, especially living in SD. Being in TN, the choosing the 85 was a no-brainer. TN is a long and narrow state, and sometimes you need the additional range. Other than getting the 85 over the 60, our configuration is similar. I rejected the 21" tires and the high end wheels because my Bentley suffered from an acute case of curb rash. And I got tired replacing 21" tires on the Bentley every 12,000 miles. Since my car is black with a black interior and pano roof, the piano black looked the best to me. I was on the fence about the ambient lighting and am wondering if I made a mistake passing on that one. The HPWC and dual chargers were chosen because my wife had range anxiety, and it made her feel better. The only reason that I did not get the center console was because my wife said that she likes having a place for her purse.

This is what makes Tesla special. Everyone has a reason for getting the car the way that they want it and not have to settle for what is on the floor at a dealer has in stock. The pearl white was a Very close second when I was choosing colors. Tennessee is still lucky that with TVA, electricity is still cheaper than other parts of the country. I too will use every gadgets in the car so I am excited over it.

Finally, I have an SWA companion pass also, and my wife and I are using it three times in the next month - a trip to NYC, Chicago, and Hilton Head. Next to the Model S, a companion pass and a TSA pre-certification are the best things since slice bread.

Your Model S sounds phenomenal, and I am excited for you that your VIN is 555 lower than mine and will get your car 10 days earlier. Congratulations!!!!

thanks Steve! it's nice to hear that someone thinks i'm rationale. the overwhelming response here is "skip those options and spring for an 85!" we've had our share of nice cars in the past and just realize that untapped potential is wasted now that we are a young family of four. i just don't drive like i used to! our lexus CT is going to feel like a lawnmower after the S60 arrives (even now it's like a turbo golf cart hehe). it's been a great car but we need more space now that our boys are 4 and 6. and with the PV production, we just want to use up the sun to the max and not even bother with gasoline in one car. our GL550 does enough guzzling for 2 cars :rolleyes: . actually we went on a rare 300 mi trip to pismo beach and the 550 got 20-21 mpgs. still had almost 1/2 a tank when we arrived in pismo. i was shocked; the newer V8's have been very good.

your config sounds great too. i think the black is super sexy on this car, the contrast with the lights/features is striking! but this is the first car we intend to keep for a long time (7-8 years hopefully) so the practical side in me says pearl white. plus the lexus is pearl white and still looks brand new! the 21's were a tough choice for us too. the curb rash horror stories have been scaring me badly but i'm just going to avoid curbs for at least 6 months while we get a good feel for the width (which apparently everyone is surprised by?). hopefully i won't regret the 21's because they are so amazing. plus our GL has 21" oem wheels and i didn't seem fair not to get the same size on the tesla! i almost got weak for performance seats post-confirmation, but decided against it and thought the red piping might clash with my obeche matte haha. i wish the regular nappa leather had some contrast stitching - are you listening tesla?!? even our 38k lexus has perforated leather and contrast stitching!

isn't SWA amazing? i know it's a cattle call with boarding but man it's convenient. we do curbside valet sometimes and can be in our vegas hotel in less than 2.5 hrs door to door from our house! so efficient. and yes, my husband has been thoroughly enjoying TSA pre and now the new mobile boarding passes (it was about time!). wish we could use more of the companion pass like you - that's the way to do it!

ok now you've given me hope that the DS is somehow just being super conservative and wants me to have low expectations on the date of deliv! crossing my fingers ...

thanks Steve! it's nice to hear that someone thinks i'm rationale. the overwhelming response here is "skip those options and spring for an 85!" we've had our share of nice cars in the past and just realize that untapped potential is wasted now that we are a young family of four. i just don't drive like i used to! our lexus CT is going to feel like a lawnmower after the S60 arrives (even now it's like a turbo golf cart hehe). it's been a great car but we need more space now that our boys are 4 and 6. and with the PV production, we just want to use up the sun to the max and not even bother with gasoline in one car. our GL550 does enough guzzling for 2 cars :rolleyes: . actually we went on a rare 300 mi trip to pismo beach and the 550 got 20-21 mpgs. still had almost 1/2 a tank when we arrived in pismo. i was shocked; the newer V8's have been very good.

your config sounds great too. i think the black is super sexy on this car, the contrast with the lights/features is striking! but this is the first car we intend to keep for a long time (7-8 years hopefully) so the practical side in me says pearl white. plus the lexus is pearl white and still looks brand new! the 21's were a tough choice for us too. the curb rash horror stories have been scaring me badly but i'm just going to avoid curbs for at least 6 months while we get a good feel for the width (which apparently everyone is surprised by?). hopefully i won't regret the 21's because they are so amazing. plus our GL has 21" oem wheels and i didn't seem fair not to get the same size on the tesla! i almost got weak for performance seats post-confirmation, but decided against it and thought the red piping might clash with my obeche matte haha. i wish the regular nappa leather had some contrast stitching - are you listening tesla?!? even our 38k lexus has perforated leather and contrast stitching!

isn't SWA amazing? i know it's a cattle call with boarding but man it's convenient. we do curbside valet sometimes and can be in our vegas hotel in less than 2.5 hrs door to door from our house! so efficient. and yes, my husband has been thoroughly enjoying TSA pre and now the new mobile boarding passes (it was about time!). wish we could use more of the companion pass like you - that's the way to do it!

ok now you've given me hope that the DS is somehow just being super conservative and wants me to have low expectations on the date of deliv! crossing my fingers ...

From my experience, it has been 'the way of the DS' to be conservative on any anticipated date. I just finished production yesterday. The DS tells me it takes 5-7 days to deliver across the country. I believe there is a day of testing once it comes off the line, and another day of prep at the SC,,,but the DS didn't make any kind of indication that I could take delivery before my scheduled June 27th day. I tried to jokingly get him to admit that I could pick up late next week...and he definitely was gun shy about indicating anything about early pickup. The most I got out of him was that things 'seemed to be trending towards an early delivery'.

Anyway...point is...they want to under-promise and over-deliver...rather than the other way around.
Keep those fingers crossed!

hope is alive!!!!!!!! in production as of this morning around 7am

attachment.php?attachmentid=51494&d=1402682318.png

Confirmed May 8, 2014
Vin Assigned May 9, 2014
VIN: 43,470
Expected Delivery June 27 New Jersey
Charger Installed in my NYC garage yesterday!
P85 Blue/Tan Obeche Matte, Tech Package, Smart Air Suspension, Parking Sensors, Ultra High Fidelity Sound, Alcantara Headliner, Premium Interior Lighting, Subzero Weather Package, 19" Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade, Paint Armor

Spoke to DS, my baby is swaddled and on the delivery truck for a potential June 19th delivery! 8 days early, but DS told me it will still count as a full term birth and no need for special care!

@wamochi and maxwells - It looks like Mother Tesla has gone into premature labor. My OB/GYN (DS) told me not to expect contractions to begin until next week. I hope that mother and child do well, but like all expectant fathers, I have started pacing the floor. When the pencil was available and could name the vehicle, I used Black Beauty because it is all black - interior, exterior, and pano roof. My wife thought that the name was because of the horse, but it was the name of the Green Hornet's car.

1,SU00,TM00,TP01,TR00,UTMF,WT19,WTX1,X001,X003,X007,X011,X014,X021,X025,X027,X028,X031,X037,YF00.jpg

Black Beauty
5YJSA1H16EFP44493

In Production
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

@wamochi and maxwells - It looks like Mother Tesla has gone into premature labor. My OB/GYN (DS) told me not to expect contractions to begin until next week. I hope that mother and child do well, but like all expectant fathers, I have started pacing the floor. When the pencil was available and could name the vehicle, I used Black Beauty because it is all black - interior, exterior, and pano roof. My wife thought that the name was because of the horse, but it was the name of the Green Hornet's car.

1,SU00,TM00,TP01,TR00,UTMF,WT19,WTX1,X001,X003,X007,X011,X014,X021,X025,X027,X028,X031,X037,YF00.jpg

Black Beauty
5YJSA1H16EFP44493

In Production
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

yeah!! Congrats Steve!

June 14:
"Production Complete
Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery."

Finally! Looks good for end of June delivery.
Another one in Montreal.

Bravo !

Eric (DS) mentioned June 27th as potentiel change in my Delivery Date. Certainly same as yours ! ;)

Although, I will stay with June 30th (Don't know how I'm gonna be able to wait an extra 2-3 days !) because I'm brining my dad (89 years old) with me for the delivery. He is coming from R-D-L for that ! He is more excepted that I am !

Bravo !

Eric (DS) mentioned June 27th as potentiel change in my Delivery Date. Certainly same as yours ! ;)

Although, I will stay with June 30th (Don't know how I'm gonna be able to wait an extra 2-3 days !) because I'm brining my dad (89 years old) with me for the delivery. He is coming from R-D-L for that ! He is more excepted that I am !

I was worried about making it for June 30. But I guess our cars will be in the same delivery van. Before my car was in production, Eric had mentionned that it might be delivered before June 30. I hope it happens. As I am moving June 19, I will make sure that my friend electician will come before the 27 to install my plug in the garage. Otherwise I will go to the public sations, not far from my new home.

- - - Updated - - -

Bravo !

I was worried about making it for June 30. But I guess our cars will be in the same delivery van. Before my car was in production, Eric had mentionned that it might be delivered before June 30. I hope it happens. As I am moving June 19, I will make sure that my friend electician will come before the 27 to install my plug in the garage. Otherwise I will go to the public sations, not far from my new home.