Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi -
I'm new to this forum but placed an order for S85 to be delivered in late September. Any suggestions on what the "must haves" are? Specifically, I see a lot of orders with air suspension. Any input would be appreciated.

Welcome. There are a lot of good threads on the various options and what items are a must have. The options are also covered in the Owning Model S book, which is now, unfortunately, a little outdated.

Here's a recent example of such a thread: About to order Model S - 85, P85, or P85+ - and what options?

Hi -
I'm new to this forum but placed an order for S85 to be delivered in late September. Any suggestions on what the "must haves" are? Specifically, I see a lot of orders with air suspension. Any input would be appreciated.

Justin, one must-have that really rounds out the car is the Tech Package.

Air vs coil suspension is more of a personal preference; some like the slightly-harsher road feel/feedback of coil - I like the smoother ride and the ability to raise the car for steeper driveways/curbs with Air.

If you get the Tech, Parking Sensors may be a no-brainer.

Outside of those, it's mostly "fluff" items IMO.

Hi -

Agree with tech and parking sensors. I skipped the air suspension. I was told NOT to get the cold weather package as you can always warm up the car using the app, before you get in.

Back to the Thread topic...
update 3;
P85|Green
Ordered 5/29/2014
Confirmed 6/9/2014
VIN 50106 assigned 7/18/2014
Delivery "late August"
Received & confirmed my "delivery date (8/27) this morning 7/24
(I received multiple options over a 3 day period - 27-28-29th)
Everything stayed on exact schedule, with he one good exception that they originally quote "September delivery" on 5/29 and it was quickly pulled into "late August"
.... Go figure how this all works

Ordered 7/14/14, confirmed 7/19/14. Late delivery for September. Received an email confirming an appointment for pickup on Sept 30th at 10AM. After reviewing the ordering/delivery dates on this thread, I am wondering how realistic my delivery date is? Any thoughts?

It's finally here! Delivered from Columbus, OH using third party delivery service.
Absolutely flawless...

20140725-DSC_0150.jpg

Ordered 7/14/14, confirmed 7/19/14. Late delivery for September. Received an email confirming an appointment for pickup on Sept 30th at 10AM. After reviewing the ordering/delivery dates on this thread, I am wondering how realistic my delivery date is? Any thoughts?

They'll most likely make it, to squeeze your car into the Q3 deliveries window (to keep Wall St happy).

Very realistic. If the message came in from tesla then it is their logistics systems and at times, they have been bringing some orders back into the current quarter.

Last edited: