Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what is going on..... Ordered 1/18. Ext. Blue, Plaid. EDD March 17 to March 24.

On March 10, I called Tesla and changed to Ultra Red. Few days later, EDD changed to "March."

Today, EDD changed to April 13 - May 25.....

Getting a custom car on tesla.com still shows March '23 delivery.

Time to make some calls....
Ultra Res LR for me just says March. Not feeling hopeful.

Is there a way to find out if my model S VIN has HW4 before I take delivery?

I was assigned a VIN and I asked if it had HW4 and the text back I got was: "Tesla has not made an official statement regarding HW4." "If Tesla provides a statement regarding HW4, we will happily notify you."

Not sure what is going on..... Ordered 1/18. Ext. Blue, Plaid. EDD March 17 to March 24.

On March 10, I called Tesla and changed to Ultra Red. Few days later, EDD changed to "March."

Today, EDD changed to April 13 - May 25.....

Getting a custom car on tesla.com still shows March '23 delivery.

Time to make some calls....
Same thing happened to me today. Ordered Midnight Silver MSLR March 6 with EDD of March. Today it changed to April 15 - May 27.

I was assigned a VIN and I asked if it had HW4 and the text back I got was: "Tesla has not made an official statement regarding HW4." "If Tesla provides a statement regarding HW4, we will happily notify you."
Just tell us the vin, and we can most likely tell you in a heartbeat if it’s new enough.

HW4 is available in VIN's 52xxx, build date from 13/Jan/2023.
See Europe delivery thread.

Last edited:
Do you have a VIN? If so...

Find the factory build date by looking at the order page image source code or ask the SA.

If after March 5 you will should have the latest version.

Most important is to give the car a thorough inspection, Make sure your SA knows the car must be opened before you accept delivery.
Thanks. No vin yet. No SA either but then again I've never had an SA in the last 4 teslas I've bought so not surprised. Would be good to find one as I forgot to do my link to get loyalty credit, if that means anything.

Is there a list of all recently added features somewhere and how to check if present during delivery?