Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone actually know how long the production process is? my car (5116x) went "into production" a week ago. it still says that on my dashboard but my DS today told me it's actually complete and going to get loaded on a truck for delivery shortly.

is that what everyone else is experiencing? it takes a week to put a model s together from start to finish?!

phatman - in a normal setting my understanding was 3 day on the old line and once the kinks are worked out it will take 2 days on the new production line.

wow. i have no basis for comparison but to go from parts to a fully finished and assembled car in that short a timeframe seems pretty impressive.

what feels long is my confirmation back in july - and delivery on september 23!

Phatman - I got the build time from post 6852 in this thread I posted a few weeks ago... See blow. I was amazed they can turn them out that fast. They redid the line to handle 3000 units a week MS or MX. It will probably take a year or more to get things running that speed and maintain quality.

SkiWA - talked to my DS yesterday he said 2 days to build. Maybe the build time is shorter with the new line, not sure. I confirmed my order 6/5 with deliver in September, 9/4 potential. If I were you I would seriously consider taking a long weekend and pickup your car in Fremont. You would need to workout the details with you DS.

Congrats on your car. The wait doesn't get any better.
85 | Pearl White | Solid Roof | Tan Leather | Tech Package | Air Suspension | Texas Tesla Enthusiast | Delivering September 2014

does anyone actually know how long the production process is? my car (5116x) went "into production" a week ago. it still says that on my dashboard but my DS today told me it's actually complete and going to get loaded on a truck for delivery shortly.

is that what everyone else is experiencing? it takes a week to put a model s together from start to finish?!

My car was in production for 4 days according to the dashboard info. The status changed to production complete late last night or early this AM.

Finished the floor of the "nursery" today. Very happy with the RaceDeck tiles and the results! Here are some pics.

Next step is the "baby bottle" (HPWC) installation a week from Thursday.....:wink:

Looks like you got room in there for two cars, is the other spot going to also be Tesla occupied at some point in the future? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

My car was in production for 4 days according to the dashboard info. The status changed to production complete late last night or early this AM.

Then that would seem to me that they are back to not doing anything over the weekends again. The dashboard also has to be updated by someone so some of the discrepancies could be caused by human error. But, Most likely, you had started on Friday, shutdown Sat/Sun, picked back on Mon, and completed late monday/early Tuesday Given when you posted and time shifting to CA time, it is more likely Monday night completion which would give you 2 full days of production to push the car though.