Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5198x originally Sep 12 @ 3PM from 1+ months and now late Sep :(.
I have somebody picking my old car, insurance, cash and all planned but ..........

Talk to your DS as soon as possible. Rumor has it they may be able to help you out in such situations. Insurance is ok to wait, and I assume the cash is ok for two weeks, albeit annoying for you. If they can get you a rental car or loaner or something, that would greatly help you. Make sure to phrase it as "I've already committed to selling my car, and now I'm going to be without a car for a week and I'll have to rent one".

Same sad story as a lot of other folks here. Confirmed order 8/2 and my delivery date moved out this morning from "Late October" to "Late November"...

I have to admit I'm a bit sad. This is exactly what my DS emailed me a couple weeks back.

On Aug 27, 2014, at 10:31, Nick G wrote:
Hello Frank!

Sorry for the delay, both of your recent emails were sent to the other Nick at Tesla—yes, there are two of us here! For future reference, my email is @teslamotors.com.

Currently, we don’t yet have a delivery date for your Model S, but you can expect to see one in about a month. Just for your information, we are expecting your Model S to enter production during the week of October 13[SUP]th[/SUP], and delivery will be in late October.

Your wall connector will ship about 5 weeks prior to delivery, via FedEx to your home.

Thank you!​

Originally planned for the week of Oct 13th. What an unlucky number! haha

With delivery dates all over the map. I have yet to really see anyone drop below about 2.5 to 3 months. So whatever dates you have, that might be closer to what you should start expecting. I am sorry to see dates going all over the map here... seems like they are having trouble sorting out who needs to be targeted for what dates ever since the restart and this is really causing some disappointment. They really need to work on setting appropriate expectations it seems, because if people knew going in that it was going to be X timeframe then it isn't as big of a deal.

I understand the frustration of having the delays and I hope you all get your cars quickly! Wish there was something I could do to help.

With delivery dates all over the map. I have yet to really see anyone drop below about 2.5 to 3 months. So whatever dates you have, that might be closer to what you should start expecting. I am sorry to see dates going all over the map here... seems like they are having trouble sorting out who needs to be targeted for what dates ever since the restart and this is really causing some disappointment. They really need to work on setting appropriate expectations it seems, because if people knew going in that it was going to be X timeframe then it isn't as big of a deal.

I understand the frustration of having the delays and I hope you all get your cars quickly! Wish there was something I could do to help.

The problem is we ALL have December -.- Regardless if you ordered on 8/1 or 9/1

- - - Updated - - -

*September or December sorry

The problem is we ALL have December -.- Regardless if you ordered on 8/1 or 9/1

- - - Updated - - -

*September or December sorry

I ordered 8/2, confirmed 8/3, went from November to December to Late October....sat there for quite some time....then flipped to Late November. And I was SO proud of myself for having bravely made it 5 weeks of waiting...almost half the time until Late October....and now I've now got (perhaps) another 10 weeks. Wah.

Thank you chick for the compassion...believe it or not it helps even though it's not from Tesla.

With delivery dates all over the map. I have yet to really see anyone drop below about 2.5 to 3 months. So whatever dates you have, that might be closer to what you should start expecting.

I'm still sitting with a 45 day confirmation (8/10) to delivery (9/24) time frame if things don't change. Not holding my breath too much since the car hasn't started production but it's still possible for them to hit since delivery is in Seattle.

My dashboard still shows "Sep 15" as the date, but if I click on edit, it says "Late September" and "We will contact to schedule your exact delivery date and time", so there is clearly a mix up with their database. Since it hasn't gone to build yet, it's definitely not the Sep 15 date.

Moral of the story: Don't necessary trust your delivery date on your dashboard.

My dashboard still shows "Sep 15" as the date, but if I click on edit, it says "Late September" and "We will contact to schedule your exact delivery date and time", so there is clearly a mix up with their database. Since it hasn't gone to build yet, it's definitely not the Sep 15 date.

Moral of the story: Don't necessary trust your delivery date on your dashboard.

That's definitely the case. I'm getting much closer to delivery, out of production and being prepped for delivery/shipping, most likely get it on the 19th, but my dashboard still says date is tomorrow the 12th and "We will contact to schedule..." just like Sean.

Dashboard just changed from "Late September" to September 30 @ 1pm, which was my original tentative pickup time. Not sure if that is indicative of anything concrete, since it still shows in the production queue. Haven't received any notice yet from the DS.

- - - Updated - - -

My dashboard still shows "Sep 15" as the date, but if I click on edit, it says "Late September" and "We will contact to schedule your exact delivery date and time", so there is clearly a mix up with their database.

I thought clicking on "Edit" assumes you are looking to change the pickup SC. If that's the case, they would need to coordinate a new specific date & time. So, showing "Late September" would make sense there.

I thought clicking on "Edit" assumes you are looking to change the pickup SC. If that's the case, they would need to coordinate a new specific date & time. So, showing "Late September" would make sense there.

It's also used to schedule the time of pickup. They do still need to coordinate a new specific date and time, since the original was not doable. Previously, there was actually some kind of calendar that could be used to schedule, but I don't seem to have that anymore.

I'm still sitting with a 45 day confirmation (8/10) to delivery (9/24) time frame if things don't change. Not holding my breath too much since the car hasn't started production but it's still possible for them to hit since delivery is in Seattle.

Well it's Friday, not in production yet. Week and a half to my delivery appointment. Starting to doubt they're going to hit this time frame. Don't have the guts to call the DS to ask, since they might tell me "Nope not going to hit it and then move the date." I'd expect that moving the date decreases the likelihood that I'll go into production soon.

Side note: Is it just me or is Tesla really bad about replying to emails? When my date first got moved up from Late October to Late September, I sent an email and waited 5 days for him to reply before giving up and just calling. This despite the fact that his original email to me suggested that he preferred emails because he might be with a customer. Then I had an issue with my Wall Connector (came with Chinese manual and it wasn't clear I got the right thing) and the Charging guy didn't reply after 2 days before I finally called yesterday (he said he'd look into it and he replied via email today, turns out I got the right equipment, just the wrong manual). Given Tesla's reputation for Customer Service this rather surprised me.

Well it's Friday, not in production yet. Week and a half to my delivery appointment. Starting to doubt they're going to hit this time frame. Don't have the guts to call the DS to ask, since they might tell me "Nope not going to hit it and then move the date." I'd expect that moving the date decreases the likelihood that I'll go into production soon.

Side note: Is it just me or is Tesla really bad about replying to emails? When my date first got moved up from Late October to Late September, I sent an email and waited 5 days for him to reply before giving up and just calling. This despite the fact that his original email to me suggested that he preferred emails because he might be with a customer. Then I had an issue with my Wall Connector (came with Chinese manual and it wasn't clear I got the right thing) and the Charging guy didn't reply after 2 days before I finally called yesterday (he said he'd look into it and he replied via email today, turns out I got the right equipment, just the wrong manual). Given Tesla's reputation for Customer Service this rather surprised me.

Yea...feel the same way.....I have to wait almost 3+ days to get a response and I only get a response when I do a followup email. I'm suppose to get delivery end of month and haven't heard anything from my DS. No followup on financials either....