Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Side note: Is it just me or is Tesla really bad about replying to emails? When my date first got moved up from Late October to Late September, I sent an email and waited 5 days for him to reply before giving up and just calling.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Maybe just bad luck or timing? I've had several email conversations with both my DS and the charging guy (Franck) and they've both been responsive, usually replying within a day. I've never called them.

Well it's Friday, not in production yet. Week and a half to my delivery appointment. Starting to doubt they're going to hit this time frame. Don't have the guts to call the DS to ask, since they might tell me "Nope not going to hit it and then move the date." I'd expect that moving the date decreases the likelihood that I'll go into production soon.
I'm still "entered production queue" as well, but my DS says they think they're still on track for a 9/18 delivery (originally was 9/13). What's the record for shortest time from starting production to car in customer's hands, for deliveries outside CA?

I can't be more happy! It finally happened. We're in production. Our DS emailed us an hour earlier that it was going to begin late this weekend or Monday. I replied asking if we'd have a further delay. Not even 30 mins went by and the dashboard changed. Maybe she pushed them a little. She's been great through this whole process. Wish I wasn't at work. And yes, I'm on my lunchbreak. :) Still not sure if it will be after the 20th, but having it begin today may allow us to take our full trip starting the 23rd. I hope for great news received by everyone else. Especially those with late May and early June orders.

My P85+ was order confirmed on Sept 9 and I was given Dec 22 as a the scheduled pick up date by my DS (with the caveat that it could change). When I ordered it it said late November - and then changed a day or two later to December. That was disappointing but out of my control. So 3.5+ months for me. I guess that priority delivery that was advertised for the 85P when I purchased it has nil effect in real life, as it seems that exactly what others are getting, regardless of model. Irked by that I am!

How the hell are people getting pick up dates?!?! I ordered and confirmed June 11th and nothing! Just a maybe late september!

My delivery date went from Late October to Late September. Sent an email, got no response so I called. He looked up my order and setup a delivery date right there on the phone. Was on the website shortly after that. My impression is that it's up to the DS when they should setup a delivery date.

My delivery date went from Late October to Late September. Sent an email, got no response so I called. He looked up my order and setup a delivery date right there on the phone. Was on the website shortly after that. My impression is that it's up to the DS when they should setup a delivery date.

+1. My pickup date was set by the DS about a week after I confirmed the order. He told me it was (obviously) tentative until we went to production, after which he would make adjustments, if necessary.

Took delivery of my 85 this afternoon in Austin. They said it was their first day of deliveries (with mine being just their second delivery of the day, I think they said) in several months due to the factory shutdown.

LonghornDub congratulations! Looks like things are moving. Here is my update from last night "Production Complete
Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery." VIN 498xx confirmed 6/5

Congrats to those who received their babies. My delivery date of September 27 is likely pushed UP a week to sometime next weekend. VIN 52460 Conf 7/1. Production complete ~ 9/10 Left Cali on truck 9/11. Due in Mt Kisco 9/19-20. Home delivery shortly thereafter. Starting to get real now.

Yea...feel the same way.....I have to wait almost 3+ days to get a response and I only get a response when I do a followup email. I'm suppose to get delivery end of month and haven't heard anything from my DS. No followup on financials either....

I just got all the financials (trade-in with AutoNation, loan with Alliant, paperwork, remaining payment) done between Sep 10 and Sep 12, so it goes very quickly. My delivery date is estimated at this point for September 20, so you shouldn't worry too much at this point. Note that also I'm in Texas, so the full pay-off must be made before the car gets on the truck.

I just got all the financials (trade-in with AutoNation, loan with Alliant, paperwork, remaining payment) done between Sep 10 and Sep 12, so it goes very quickly. My delivery date is estimated at this point for September 20, so you shouldn't worry too much at this point. Note that also I'm in Texas, so the full pay-off must be made before the car gets on the truck.

Thanks....on your AutoNation trade....did u just sign over the title? Are u still driving the vehicle? Just curious because I'm getting missed answers on this and they've already lowered the offer they sent me by $1k and now I'm way over the 250 miles from the approximate mileage I submitted....just curious on what others are experiencing.