Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Way back machine? I'd love to see if they changed it..
IMG_4432.jpeg
IMG_4466.png

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Ordered MS LR Ultra Red on 4/21 with Est. Delivery of “April 2023”. Does that seem like it’s actually going to happen? Is that likely? Model S order page still has all deliveries estimated for April. Don’t have VIN yet.
Not a chance. I ordered my MSP in the same color on 4/16 and haven’t received an update. We ordered my wife a MYP back in Feb - they waited until the end of the month and then changed the delivery date to March before assigning the VIN. My guess is we’ll get ours sometime in late May.

Reactions: benjer95
Not a chance. I ordered my MSP in the same color on 4/16 and haven’t received an update. We ordered my wife a MYP back in Feb - they waited until the end of the month and then changed the delivery date to March before assigning the VIN. My guess is we’ll get ours sometime in late May.
bummer. Tesla wants my lemon Model 3 back soon so i might be without a car 😂

Ordered MS LR Ultra Red on 4/21 with Est. Delivery of “April 2023”. Does that seem like it’s actually going to happen? Is that likely? Model S order page still has all deliveries estimated for April. Don’t have VIN yet.

So you expect your car in like 10 days? Not even enough time to practice the delivery checklist...

You should look for a VIN, then check the factory build date to make sure you are not getting a reject.

Good thing you were not buying last year, where a delivery could take...10 months!

There are still 49+ inventory cars in SoCal.

So you expect your car in like 10 days? Not even enough time to practice the delivery checklist...

You should look for a VIN, then check the factory build date to make sure you are not getting a reject.

Good thing you were not buying last year, where a delivery could take...10 months!

There are still 49+ inventory cars in SoCal.
Had no choice but to order as soon as i got confirmation that Tesla was going to repurchase the Lemon! So yeah i'm hoping for 10 days but yeah seems unlikely.

Also how will I know if i'm getting a reject by checking the build date?

How do you check inventory for cars in SoCal?

Thanks!

Had no choice but to order as soon as i got confirmation that Tesla was going to repurchase the Lemon! So yeah i'm hoping for 10 days but yeah seems unlikely.

Also how will I know if i'm getting a reject by checking the build date?

How do you check inventory for cars in SoCal?

Thanks!

1) When you are assigned a VIN, your order page image should be updated. Right click on image of the car and select view source data. You should see the factory gate date if you search for it. For example, for a White/black/19" LR in Orange County, I see FactoryGatedDate 2023-04-04T11:52:47. This one been sitting a while, probably a reject.

2) Go to Tesla order page. Select new inventory, filter as required, I used within 200 miles.

Where are you taking delivery? If near SoCal, I can suggest an SA to check the build date and track the car shipment for you.

1) When you are assigned a VIN, your order page image should be updated. Right click on image of the car and select view source data. You should see the factory gate date if you search for it. For example, for a White/black/19" LR in Orange County, I see FactoryGatedDate 2023-04-04T11:52:47. This one been sitting a while, probably a reject.

2) Go to Tesla order page. Select new inventory, filter as required, I used within 200 miles.

Where are you taking delivery? If near SoCal, I can suggest an SA to check the build date and track the car shipment for you.
Thank you for this!! I'm taking delivery in Illinois so the inventory in SoCal wouldn't help me because they can't be registered in Illinois if i'm not mistaken.

are you saying my car has a good chance of being a reject? Do they deliver cars the same day they are made?
Hi there Jrr. For what it's worth; I am also in the Orlando area (about 30 miles East of Orlando) with my pick up being at Florida Mall. I placed my order for MSP on 04/13 and I'm still waiting on my VIN. If you don't mind sharing, what was your order date?

Last edited: