Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got off the phone w/my DS not too long ago: VIN 50411 is on a transport bound for Boston and delivery will be, at the latest, Friday, with a possibility of Thursday. I just sold my car today (I'm renting a crappy compact for 3 days then have Thursday thru Monday off), have insurance ready to go, downpayment made, financing thru Tesla arranged, and *less than a week to go*!!

Thanks....on your AutoNation trade....did u just sign over the title? Are u still driving the vehicle? Just curious because I'm getting missed answers on this and they've already lowered the offer they sent me by $1k and now I'm way over the 250 miles from the approximate mileage I submitted....just curious on what others are experiencing.

shadow - I too have a trade-in and AutoNations already sent AutoVIN to look over the car and sign all the paperwork at my home earlier this week. I keep the car and drive it to the Factory on delivery day (9/26). From there I have the paperwork to leave in the Trade and they pick it up from the Delivery lot. So they "own" the car but they "loan" it to me until I get my Model S.

shadow - I too have a trade-in and AutoNations already sent AutoVIN to look over the car and sign all the paperwork at my home earlier this week. I keep the car and drive it to the Factory on delivery day (9/26). From there I have the paperwork to leave in the Trade and they pick it up from the Delivery lot. So they "own" the car but they "loan" it to me until I get my Model S.

Thanks.......apparently my Tesla rep didn't give me that info.....I was told I had to give them the vehicle when they come to inspect...so now I'm actually over my approx mileage that I submitted to them. I guess that doesn't matter since they are letting people drive the car after they've inspected it.

Thanks.......apparently my Tesla rep didn't give me that info.....I was told I had to give them the vehicle when they come to inspect...so now I'm actually over my approx mileage that I submitted to them. I guess that doesn't matter since they are letting people drive the car after they've inspected it.

Yes, I kept my car after the inspection. I even offered to give the inspector the extra key, but he said it wasn't necessary. AutoNation is a bit messy with their paperwork, but it should work out for you.

To those whose cars are in transit (or have received their cars), did the status change from "Production Complete, Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery" to something else?

I'm supposed to take delivery on Tuesday, and it hasn't changed from that, yet.

VIN P50106 picked up 9/10 after 3 week delay
They rushed deliver paperwork 30 min; 30 min intro and you are on your own.
Very disappointed with minimal support. (Guess they are in the catch up mode.)
Taking it back to service asap
Trunk-body misaligned left side.
Storage tray below the screen attached on one side only
Lug Nuts 50% torqued below spec!somewhere in the 100ish range vs 130
Loose mounting screw(s) on the bottom of the vehicle at the rear on the battery tray...just where the average buyer would be looking right?
...more probably... still a very quality piece of work.

I read "The Book'. I watched the video. I was still uncomfortable about most of it, while driving away.
After a day diddling around, I am now comfortable. Nice machine.

I would think that when you buy something for One Hundred G's, you would expect more that 30 minutes intro... C Ya later... (to busy catching up?)
The new factory was was impressive, and nothing like one year ago.
A year ago the parking lots were half filled. This year its overflow parking, and Valet parking for buyers.
Congratulations to Tesla!
Now go try to remember quality, and customer support.

To those whose cars are in transit (or have received their cars), did the status change from "Production Complete, Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery" to something else?

I'm supposed to take delivery on Tuesday, and it hasn't changed from that, yet.

No. It said "Production Complete" until the big "ACCEPT DELIVERY" button showed up the morning of my delivery.

Taking it back to service asap
Trunk-body misaligned left side.
Storage tray below the screen attached on one side only
Lug Nuts 50% torqued below spec!somewhere in the 100ish range vs 130
Loose mounting screw(s) on the bottom of the vehicle at the rear on the battery tray...just where the average buyer would be looking right?
...more probably... still a very quality piece of work.

I read "The Book'. I watched the video. I was still uncomfortable about most of it, while driving away.
After a day diddling around, I am now comfortable. Nice machine.

I would think that when you buy something for One Hundred G's, you would expect more that 30 minutes intro... C Ya later... (to busy catching up?)
The new factory was was impressive, and nothing like one year ago.
A year ago the parking lots were half filled. This year its overflow parking, and Valet parking for buyers.
Congratulations to Tesla!
Now go try to remember quality, and customer support.

HA! I did mention something about checking the torque specs on the lug nuts on some guys "Quality Control Issues" thread- was just a joke, but wow...

Did you say something to the DS when you were standing right there in front of them? Did you ask the person to go through it again with you? Did you tell them you didn't understand *fill in the blank* and to please go over it again? Did you tell the person you were uncomfortable about driving the vehicle away?

If you answered 'no' to any of those questions then it's your fault. If you answered 'yes' to all, then I know you got the DS's name and their supervisor's/manager's name and you'll be putting together a formal complaint and sending it to the appropriate person.

Congrats on your new car, and I'm quite confident that Tesla Service will fix the issues you've found since picking up the car.

Did you say something to the DS when you were standing right there in front of them? Did you ask the person to go through it again with you? Did you tell them you didn't understand *fill in the blank* and to please go over it again? Did you tell the person you were uncomfortable about driving the vehicle away?

If you answered 'no' to any of those questions then it's your fault. If you answered 'yes' to all, then I know you got the DS's name and their supervisor's/manager's name and you'll be putting together a formal complaint and sending it to the appropriate person.

Congrats on your new car, and I'm quite confident that Tesla Service will fix the issues you've found since picking up the car.

With all due respect, you were not there so you don't know jack.
It's not my fault.
I went as part of a pleasant experience. It is called customer service for a reason. It was was poor. It was not Michael's fault as everyone was under too much of a time constraint.
I was not uncomfortable about driving the vehicle. NOt the issue. I was uncomfortable about the operation of of the other stuff.

Where do you get off on being so authoritative and dictatorial.

The place (factory) is just overwhelmed, with new people, with having their backs to the wall trying to catch up. The loser is this situation is the customer.
And, since you cannot know the facts, it was hurry up because the tour is starting... can't miss the tour... it was impressive (as I stated).
I was there one year earlier. It was different because the person that got his car then said so. So did other support staff, not at the factory.

But, you are right the service did take care of all the issues, and 72 hours later, my new "Tesla computer car" is much more understood.

The information was passed on to others who will go through the experience in hope that it will help them.

So please, just lighten up. Just maybe you don't have all the answers, or the facts to make such statements.
You need to go burn off 85KW somewhere besides the forum.

My car went into production, VIN 52917. Interestingly (but not happily) my friend who has a 503XX VIN is still in the queue. We're both in so-cal, the only difference in our builds is he has cloth and air suspension, and I have tan leather and coil suspension... Wonder if one of those parts are delaying some production...