Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car today at Mount Kisco - process was very smooth. Only dissapointment - no 6.0 ! It arrived with 5.14.

On another note that I did not realize is that it takes a while for Slacker Radio to activate and for the iPhone app to work.
Nice!! My delivery got moved up to this Saturday.....I'm picking up at mount kisco as well. Had AutoNation inspect today and hopefully close my loan tomorrow, so I can be good to go on Saturday.

Nice!! My delivery got moved up to this Saturday.....I'm picking up at mount kisco as well. Had AutoNation inspect today and hopefully close my loan tomorrow, so I can be good to go on Saturday.

Great news @shadowinstallz, I hope your delivery goes well! I'm still waiting for a call tonight to finalize my delivery date/time, with any luck it'll be Saturday as well.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple weeks ago I had a delivery date of September 28, 2pm. I checked today and it says late September. VIN #526xx. Wonder what that means???

Don't worry, that happened with everyone. They replaced estimated delivery dates that were overly-specific with a general delivery window. I think too many people (understandably) were interpreting what were meant as estimated delivery times as more concrete than they were.

Great news @shadowinstallz, I hope your delivery goes well! I'm still waiting for a call tonight to finalize my delivery date/time, with any luck it'll be Saturday as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry, that happened with everyone. They replaced estimated delivery dates that were overly-specific with a general delivery window. I think too many people (understandably) were interpreting what were meant as estimated delivery times as more concrete than they were.

I checked again and it now says in production!

- - - Updated - - -

We received a call yesterday morning with great news. The car was ready for pickup. Apparently, the car arrived the evening before and the Service Center worked late to get cars detailed. We set up the time for 3pm and went after I got off work. So what we thought might be a Monday pickup turned out to be a welcome surprise. It seems that the DS really isn't sure or can't disclose the whereabouts of the car during transit. We thought it was still in Fremont!

So happy! The car is very shiny. I think they did a great job on the detailing, but we will protect it further in the next week. And of course, I'm cleaning it with Optimum products after every drive. I'm sure that won't last, but I want it in beautiful condition. We'll be going to the National Electric Car event here in Scottsdale this afternoon. Should be fun. HOT, but fun.

Don't give up hope. We hear they're all working 7 days a week. Might be the reason why our production was 4 days, but who knows if the dashboard was updated properly. They're trying to deliver as many cars as they can before Sept 30th. The staff is tired, but they treated us so well. Willing to answer as many questions as we had. We received a coffee cup (huge), hat (we're up to 2 now) and fob holders (bought 2 already, but nice to have extras). We tried to get the bow they placed on the car, but it's used over and over and costs around $800.
Great Day! New iPhone 6 Plus and new Tesla Model S! Oh and that Tesla T in the trunk? Well, we were told we could ask to have it done again when it disappears. Looks like it's in there pretty good for now. :) Good luck to everyone and I'll be watching as others receive their cars.
IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

View attachment 59567

- - - Updated - - -

We received a call yesterday morning with great news. The car was ready for pickup. Apparently, the car arrived the evening before and the Service Center worked late to get cars detailed. We set up the time for 3pm and went after I got off work. So what we thought might be a Monday pickup turned out to be a welcome surprise. It seems that the DS really isn't sure or can't disclose the whereabouts of the car during transit. We thought it was still in Fremont!

So happy! The car is very shiny. I think they did a great job on the detailing, but we will protect it further in the next week. And of course, I'm cleaning it with Optimum products after every drive. I'm sure that won't last, but I want it in beautiful condition. We'll be going to the National Electric Car event here in Scottsdale this afternoon. Should be fun. HOT, but fun.

Don't give up hope. We hear they're all working 7 days a week. Might be the reason why our production was 4 days, but who knows if the dashboard was updated properly. They're trying to deliver as many cars as they can before Sept 30th. The staff is tired, but they treated us so well. Willing to answer as many questions as we had. We received a coffee cup (huge), hat (we're up to 2 now) and fob holders (bought 2 already, but nice to have extras). We tried to get the bow they placed on the car, but it's used over and over and costs around $800.
Great Day! New iPhone 6 Plus and new Tesla Model S! Oh and that Tesla T in the trunk? Well, we were told we could ask to have it done again when it disappears. Looks like it's in there pretty good for now. :) Good luck to everyone and I'll be watching as others receive their cars.

Congrats. And great pictures too.

Some pics yesterday when I first brought Hobbes home. Headed over to the National Drive Electric week in Worcester, MA and had a great time. There were some other closer locations for this event but the moderately long drive was a nice plus for my first full day with him!

Tesla Home 1.jpg
Tesla Home 2.jpg
Tesla Home 3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and congrats to all the others who took delivery in the last couple days! My delivery center was bringing in people from the Natick store to help with deliveries they're so busy. The same person whom I did the test drive with and helped me order ended up being the one who sat down with me to review all the functionality! It brought a nice sense of closure. The pace is really picking up!

Like @benemac said, don't give up hope: if they're saying you'll get it September you probably will. They're going all out on all fronts to make it happen!

I went by the Seattle service center today to pickup a rental to hold me over to my delivery on Tuesday and it was packed with new model S. I saw some post it's with delivery of 9/22 same as my date. I'm sure my car was there waiting to be detailed. My DS would not confirm or deny.

Woohoo! Just talked to my DS, and he said it looks like my MS will go into production on or about Oct. 6, maybe earlier, and that I just might have the car by Oct. 15. That would be just in the nick of time for a trip I have starting on Oct. 16. My original delivery date was (and still is, I guess) Oct. 27. I'd told the Tesla folks about the trip when I ordered the car in hopes that I'd have the car by then; they weren't optimistic about the date, but didn't rule out the possibility that it might happen.

Just notified this evening "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"
Very quick -- I ordered on 9/4, confirmed on 9/7. Originally, the estimated delivery was "November" then a few days later was bumped up to "Late September." DS later told me estimated deliver 9/25-9/30. Delivering to Costa Mesa, CA.

VIN 57160. Model S Performance, Blue, Pano, Tech, Parking Sensors, Ultra Sound, 19" wheels, Grey Nappa, Dual, Black headliner

Just notified this evening "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"
Very quick -- I ordered on 9/4, confirmed on 9/7. Originally, the estimated delivery was "November" then a few days later was bumped up to "Late September." DS later told me estimated deliver 9/25-9/30. Delivering to Costa Mesa, CA.

VIN 57160. Model S Performance, Blue, Pano, Tech, Parking Sensors, Ultra Sound, 19" wheels, Grey Nappa, Dual, Black headliner

Very similar to my situation. 8/23 P85 order with estimated November delivery. 9/5 confirmation with estimated November delivery at Fremont factory. Received 9/6 call saying my delivery would actually be between 9/27 and 9/30. Website has since read "late September" delivery. Website has since read that the car has "entered the production queue." Haven't asked for or received a definitive date as of tonight.

VIN P50106 picked up 9/10 after 3 week delay
They rushed deliver paperwork 30 min; 30 min intro and you are on your own.
Very disappointed with minimal support. (Guess they are in the catch up mode.)
Taking it back to service asap
Trunk-body misaligned left side.
Storage tray below the screen attached on one side only
Lug Nuts 50% torqued below spec!somewhere in the 100ish range vs 130
Loose mounting screw(s) on the bottom of the vehicle at the rear on the battery tray...just where the average buyer would be looking right?
...more probably... still a very quality piece of work.

I read "The Book'. I watched the video. I was still uncomfortable about most of it, while driving away.
After a day diddling around, I am now comfortable. Nice machine.

I would think that when you buy something for One Hundred G's, you would expect more that 30 minutes intro... C Ya later... (to busy catching up?)
The new factory was was impressive, and nothing like one year ago.
A year ago the parking lots were half filled. This year its overflow parking, and Valet parking for buyers.
Congratulations to Tesla!
Now go try to remember quality, and customer support.

I guess every customer is different. When I picked up my Roadster, I'd read every post, watched every video and just wanted them to stop talking and Give. Me. The. Key. Now.

Seriously. I just wanted them to shut up and let me go drive. (And Roadster's were a *little* more than what you paid for the Model S, since you brought that up.) I guess I looked at it as 'if there is something more I want to know, I need to ask.' I'm an adult & if I need a question answered, I'll ask it. Now if I'd asked a question and they didn't have time to answer me, I'd be raising a stink. But otherwise, no.

In a restaurant, same thing. Please don't hover over me. If I need something, I'll let you know. That's good service imo. Give me my space, don't crowd me. Respect the fact that I'm an adult and don't need to be treated like a child.