Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the option code (if different) for the new glass roof?
Or alternatively the product start date?

I have MS LR on the way with production date 9th of March and alternatively an inventory car with 22nd of February production date.
Any differences in these if anyone knows?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the option code (if different) for the new glass roof?
Or alternatively the product start date?

I have MS LR on the way with production date 9th of March and alternatively an inventory car with 22nd of February production date.
Any differences in these if anyone knows?

Thanks.
As far as I’ve followed, those both should be on new roof. Feb 17 or so on.

Reactions: JzCastle
The Feb car may not have new cameras and HW4.

Ask Tesla SA to confirm if it has the new cameras.

There are no codes any more that give this info. The new cameras have a red tint and different size.

I don't think so you want any inventory car as it could be a reject.

The Feb car may not have new cameras and HW4.

Ask Tesla SA to confirm if it has the new cameras.

There are no codes any more that give this info. The new cameras have a red tint and different size.

I don't think so you want any inventory car as it could be a reject.
According to my SA both cars have the exact same specifications (HW4 included) but he could not confirm the new glass roof or if they differ.
Apparently he did not have exact information about this in their systems but did not find any differences.

Inventory car was not a reject but customer wanted to postpone delivery.

So these three together affect the city rating negatively on the test cycle. If, however, you drive defensively and anticipate stops so that you never use friction brakes above 10 km/h, you will do MUCH better than the city rating.

On the other side of the coin, the low drag coefficient helps the highway cycle which does not include as many stops.
I agree wholeheartedly. Recently, I got a Mpge rating of 152 according to "stats" app and my all time high was 164. I play the "game" of anticipating stops trying to regenerate as much as possible and also keep my tires at 45 psi cold.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I just read that Tesla has discounted new inventory Model S by $5,000. Looks like I should have waited a month.

Yes, it's true. I was wondering how long they could maintain 40-50 MS cars in new inventory in SoCal.

This will put pressure on used car prices as well.

It could be demand will still be low for the MS/MX

Maybe FUSC will make a comeback?

My car cost 5500 more when ordered in Oct 2021. But it has USS, which takes some of the sting out.

Tommorow should be interesting with the Highland project reveal.

I just read that Tesla has discounted new inventory Model S by $5,000. Looks like I should have waited a month.
Was able to switch my order to an in stock vehicle with same specs minus Yoke steering wheel. Still got the 5000 discounted price.
Now I wonder if the instock vehicle is HW4 or HW3, If 3 at least i'll have USS I guess. Maybe one of you fine Gentlemen/Ladies can tell with the VIN if its HW4/3. VIN is 513***.

Also does anyone know if Yoke can be retrofitted in a car with the regular steering wheel, I know the inverse to be true but not sure about Regular->Yoke retrofit. Thank you.

Was able to switch my order to an in stock vehicle with same specs minus Yoke steering wheel. Still got the 5000 discounted price.
Now I wonder if the instock vehicle is HW4 or HW3, If 3 at least i'll have USS I guess. Maybe one of you fine Gentlemen/Ladies can tell with the VIN if its HW4/3. VIN is 513***.

Also does anyone know if Yoke can be retrofitted in a car with the regular steering wheel, I know the inverse to be true but not sure about Regular->Yoke retrofit. Thank you.
505*** here with HW4 so YES you should have it.

Reactions: Cladbolg