Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only way out of this is to reject the car.

Most cars do not have significant defects. So eventually, even if you have to reorder, you will get a car to your liking

Remember, "The best service is no service"
he already accepted the car.

My car had paint scratches and was filthy from sitting in the parking lot where they deliver the cars and had a huge panel gap and they agreed to fix it and rebuff my car. My appointment isn't until next week but my estimated repair says $0. Maybe they just haven't notified me that it's not covered but the guy at delivery told me they would do it for free.

he already accepted the car.

My car had paint scratches and was filthy from sitting in the parking lot where they deliver the cars and had a huge panel gap and they agreed to fix it and rebuff my car. My appointment isn't until next week but my estimated repair says $0. Maybe they just haven't notified me that it's not covered but the guy at delivery told me they would do it for free.

My reply was inform others that it is better to reject the car than hope Tesla will make it right in the future.

Near 60 Model S in inventory in SoCal. Delivery times are near an all time low, weeks, not many months.

IMG_6287.jpeg

Wanted to share this beauty .. just delivered today !

I also see that there isn’t a distance countdown, i.e. 24", 15" etc.

View attachment 938462
Wanted to share this beauty .. just delivered today !
Sadly, many quality questions remain with Fremont production; pray tell--how well was it assembled?

EVERY one of the 22 MS's we or other family/friends have owned (five thus far) has had the acoustic pad falling out (or not even affixed) at the rear wall of the front fenders. Next time you open the frunk, would you mind flashing a light in there to advise if Fremont ever fixed this chronic issue?

They are about 2 or 3 feet tall, and should be flush against the aft wall of each front fender, directly forward of the front doors seam, but can only be seen with a flashlight when the frunk is open. If not properly affixed, they'll flop around which both makes even more noise and potentially damages the repeater and camera wiring--please make a warranty claim as then Tesla might finally address the root cause of the problem . . . .

Thanks!

Reactions: HAJM and aerodyne
Sadly, many quality questions remain with Fremont production; pray tell--how well was it assembled?

EVERY one of the 22 MS's we or other family/friends have owned (five thus far) has had the acoustic pad falling out (or not even affixed) at the rear wall of the front fenders. Next time you open the frunk, would you mind flashing a light in there to advise if Fremont ever fixed this chronic issue?

They are about 2 or 3 feet tall, and should be flush against the aft wall of each front fender, directly forward of the front doors seam, but can only be seen with a flashlight when the frunk is open. If not properly affixed, they'll flop around which both makes even more noise and potentially damages the repeater and camera wiring--please make a warranty claim as then Tesla might finally address the root cause of the problem . . . .

Thanks!
I am unable to locate that .. a picture could help .. regarding the build quality .. accepted but not perfect .. i am coming from mercedes highest possible build quality standards so might be picky

I am unable to locate that .. a picture could help .. regarding the build quality .. accepted but not perfect .. i am coming from mercedes highest possible build quality standards so might be picky

Even harder to ignore when there is a MB 560 parked next to the MS in the garage.

A car cover helps I found...until I noticed the cover has flaws too...

• Funny
Reactions: AMPd and Vikings_DK
This and the missing steering wheel levers are the reasons I canceled my 2023 order and kept my 2018. $250 is a small price to pay.
@GregTexas I agree with you on the USS and radar, as the alternative Teslavision has not been made available, so who knows what will be the better solution in the end. Will tell you though that after driving the car for about 3 weeks, I am not missing the stalks. At all. I had not expected to be saying that...

@GregTexas I agree with you on the USS and radar, as the alternative Teslavision has not been made available, so who knows what will be the better solution in the end. Will tell you though that after driving the car for about 3 weeks, I am not missing the stalks. At all. I had not expected to be saying that...
Same here about the stalks. I do wish I could adjust the fan speed without opening the climate screen. They should add a +/- section next to the temperature setting on the bottom of the screen