Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine still shows “September-October”, no specific range.
just got an email … my EDD changed to “9/24 - 9/30” as of today 👍🏻 need to start shopping for floor mats now …

Attachments

• IMG_9719.jpeg
    IMG_9719.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 174
Just remember, it is typically a VIN change and that is it. Not a big model change like traditional manufactures. Tesla is constantly improving the vehicle and makes changes to the production week after week.
There could be some changes with the new model year. It’s why Tesla has heavily discounted the 2023 model, for new 2024. But sometimes with a new year come some minor changes.

I ordered an MSP on 9/4 and applied for the FSD Transfer. Yesterday - my delivery date had changed to 9/22-9/30 (with no vin). Last night, I received my vin and my delivery date changed to 9/30-10/7. I've asked if delivery is after 9/30 will the FSD transfer still apply but the service reps I've asked have said they don't know. I guess my question is - how soon after receiving a vin have you received your car? just trying not to stress out and trying to see if delivery will be more than 2 weeks out and if I'll take delivery before 9/30.
Looks like you already have a MSP, what’s the reason you went for a new one?

Curious. Why didn’t you wait until the 2024? I know it’s a fire sale right now on the 2023, is that why?
You never know what the pricing is. 2023 and 2022 brought changes to the lineup even though the refresh was in 2021. Im sure they’ll update it. I just feel that the opportunity to buy a 1000hp car for under 90k that’s as apt as a cruiser as it is a drag king is too good a deal to pass up.

Jut bought a Model S Plaid … “Ultra Red” thinking ahead when selling the car … yeah, I’m always thinking far out ;-) the 21” too which I will sell to a buddy for 4k (got the 500 bucks discount with referral). No FSD, but got 3 months free with referral, no yoke, black interior.

I can’t control the price seesawing or a redesign in 2024 … the moment is now for me … delivery in September-October 2023.
Brand new to the Forum. I too just last week bought a Model S Plaid- White with the White/Black Interior, 21" Wheels No FSD either, but I got the Free trial as well. I went back and forth on the yoke and in the end opted to get it. I am pumped about this car.

-Now the wait that I am not so good at.

Brand new to the Forum. I too just last week bought a Model S Plaid- White with the White/Black Interior, 21" Wheels No FSD either, but I got the Free trial as well. I went back and forth on the yoke and in the end opted to get it. I am pumped about this car.

Still waiting. I'm becoming more pessimistic about a 9/30 delivery date. I wanted to take advantage of the FSD transfer. It's 6k to upgrade my EAP on the Model 3 to FSD then transfer it over.

Still waiting. I'm becoming more pessimistic about a 9/30 delivery date. I wanted to take advantage of the FSD transfer. It's 6k to upgrade my EAP on the Model 3 to FSD then transfer it over.
I wouldn’t despair, Tesla moves heaven and earth to deliver cars before the end of the quarter. You might issue a veiled threat that you wont take delivery if it isn’t delivered by 9/30; maybe they’ll extend the FSD deadline. I made a similar statement when taking delivery last May when I couldn’t get a firm guarantee that I’d have 6 years free superchargIng as originally promised.

Reactions: cwanja
Looks like you already have a MSP, what’s the reason you went for a new one?
Newer tech (Hardware 4 vs. 3) and the fact I can transfer my FSD and the price. I have my Vin just waiting for the car - have delivery date of 9/30-10/7 but that seems a long time to get from Fremont to Charlotte (16+ days). I was told it is in transit but my Delivery date hasn't changed. Hopefully, that happens in the next couple of days. Also, have seen a lot of posters on X (twitter) asking for Elon to honor orders in September vs Delivery. We'll see. Crossing fingers!!!

I wouldn’t despair, Tesla moves heaven and earth to deliver cars before the end of the quarter. You might issue a veiled threat that you wont take delivery if it isn’t delivered by 9/30; maybe they’ll extend the FSD deadline. I made a similar statement when taking delivery last May when I couldn’t get a firm guarantee that I’d have 6 years free superchargIng as originally promised.
Do you have a VIN?

At least you're not waiting 7 months like most of the old members here.

Reactions: aerodyne