Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: ExtraPav
Carmax, carvana, vroom, kbb, edmunds, and some other local to your state sites will all offer you instant trade quotes.
They will be valid for 7 days and 250 miles. You can generate another quote while active or expired. Try these.
For me the first 3 mentioned were rhe best and highest price points and i went with Carmax when i turned in my 2020 X3 M40.
Same here, sold the last two cars to Carmax, easy & fast.

Still waiting. I'm becoming more pessimistic about a 9/30 delivery date. I wanted to take advantage of the FSD transfer. It's 6k to upgrade my EAP on the Model 3 to FSD then transfer it over.
Thanks for responding officerchuck, so, Carmax's offer was better than the 1st 3 you mentioned?

Why not sell privately? That’s where you’ll get the most.

Reactions: aerodyne
Pulled the trigger on a Ultra Red MSP. Currently have my '19 M3P stealth to trade-in. Car G u r u s refused to consider it. T is giving me 28K, I think they'll lowball me when it's delivery time since the estimated delivery is Oct-Nov. Any suggestions on where I can sell it for a better price?

On the way to work I saw a white MSP this morning on the hwy. It looked great but kinda plain looking tho...maybe it's because the windows were not tinted and the seats were white so no contrast. I did an exhausted search for photos of the MS with the different colors, then I saw on YT a drone footage of the MSP in ultra red and it looked RIGHT!! So, that was my deciding factor. Gonna order some 19s from t s p o r t l i n e, there's a 10% disc + free shipping that ends this Friday 9/22.
Congrats . I just got one ultra red and it's awesome. No other color comes close to it for me..

Ordered on 8/22. Picked up on 9/14 (was ready almost for a week). And my first S was picked up exactly 6 years ago plus one day on 9/15!

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    644 KB · Views: 96
I ordered a Ultra Red MSP with the cream interior on the Sept 16th and playing the waiting game. It was first showing a Sept-Oct timeline and now shows a Oct-Nov timeline. I already talked with my detailer to add the PPF, ceramic coating and ceramic tinting the windows. I am looking forward to its arrival and so is my wife. She is thinking of getting the Model Y this time next year if they come out with the refreshed version like the M3 just received.

9/15 ordered - MSP blue cream 19
9/19 september - october delivery changed to october - november
9/20 est date set to sept 28 - 30

Have my 2019 M3P waiting for trade in offer but already applied financing and stuff so just gonna assume they will wait a bit and then just kick my butt on that.

No VIN. Someone please tell me how to cure the disease of opening my Tesla App 100 times a day checking for some kind of update.

Last edited:

Have my 2019 M3P waiting for trade in offer but already applied financing and stuff so just gonna assume they will wait a bit and then just kick my butt on that.

No VIN. Someone please tell me how to cure the disease of opening my Tesla App 100 times a day checking for some kind of update.
At least your car has made progress with an estimated delivery date. I ordered the day after you and the only change I saw was moving it to Oct-Nov. I am just like you checking the app wayyyyyy too many times every day hoping for some kind of an update.

Ordered MSP (Black/black 19/yoke) on 9/10 with EDD in Sept-Oct.
Got VIN on 9/17, but EDD shifted to 10/5-10/12 on 9/18.

Now, I'm here, just waiting and compulsively app-checking... seems there's no cure for this particular ailment! 😅

Reactions: Mordin
I am a compulsive APP checker. I really need to talk to a professional- I suppose. As it is, I dissapoint myself three times or more each day:oops: Wow, what a day it will be when the EDD actually Pops up.

It is great to see these other orders getting EDD's

My specifics are:
9/13 ordered - MSP White with White/Black-Yolk and 21" Wheels
9/19 September - October delivery changed to October - November
Still the same today.

Ordered MSP (Black/black 19/yoke) on 9/10 with EDD in Sept-Oct.
Got VIN on 9/17, but EDD shifted to 10/5-10/12 on 9/18.

Now, I'm here, just waiting and compulsively app-checking... seems there's no cure for this particular ailment! 😅
Ordered my MSP (Ultra Red/Black/21/steering wheel) on 9/9 with EDD of Sep-Oct:
9/16: EDD 9/24 - 9/30
9/18: VIN
9/25: Delivery at 1:30pm in Smithtown, NY
9/27: PPF + Ceramic coating

Wow, 3 MSP owners 2b.

Nice, looking forward to mine with a black interior. Any issues on delivery?
More details in this thread below but no it was a smooth transaction.

Carmax, carvana, vroom, kbb, edmunds, and some other local to your state sites will all offer you instant trade quotes.
They will be valid for 7 days and 250 miles. You can generate another quote while active or expired. Try these.
For me the first 3 mentioned were rhe best and highest price points and i went with Carmax when i turned in my 2020 X3 M40.
I just sold my 2022 X3M Comp last month and started car searching. I initially went to Carmax and their offer was better than any of those you listed. I tried Cars . Com and they priced me $500 better at my local Mercedes, but luckily the local Mercedes really wanted my BMW and gave me an extra $3k over Carmax, so I sold it to them. I have always wanted a Plaid and when the price drops happened I went and finally test drove one and was hooked lol The wife HATED the seats of my BMW and in the 8 months I owned it she only rode in it 3 times. I was able to get her blessing though on the MSP and she is actually looking forward to me having this vs my BMW haha.