Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My info to help everyone navigate their EDD:
I have been watching prices and wanted a new one now for over a year. The recent price adjustments were a clear motivator for me and the plaid delta of $15k made it a good value in my opinion. However, I was still watching and wondering/hoping for a new silver or gray color - hopefully exclusive to S, X - and something different than the myriad of 3/Ys running all over here in the [base-no extra $-MSM] color. I was also watching for any final EOQ deals. But....

9/5: Ordered RN119905xxx. I ordered immediately after noticing that the Yoke price changed to $1k, and became concerned that other prices would change too, so I jumped in. Glad I did - just captured the $-1k loyalty savings, just in time before it dropped to 500.
MSP, MSM/Black, 19", Steering wheel
9/15: VIN assigned after I acknowledged the "no USS" disclosure. I confirmed manufacturing date: 9/13! Southern California delivery
9/16: Set delivery for 9/22
9/22: Delivery today at Marina Del Rey. Same center I took delivery of my 2019 (Raven) but much busier with 3/Ys all over. Mine was the only S but my service helper said they were doing a total of 7 S/X today. They arent seeing a lot of plaids come through and more X than S.
Great experience, quality was much better than my 4/2019 build, and I love the car.
Tinting already completed, ceramic is next, new 19" wheels using factory Pirelli tires is after that. Plus, selling my 2019 dual motor long range is on the list too.
Good luck to the rest of you!
Congrats! Sounds like another great experience. Did you get the FSD package? Are you upgrading to different 19inch wheels and tires? If so what and why. Lot’s of questions, just from another enthusiast.

My info to help everyone navigate their EDD:
I have been watching prices and wanted a new one now for over a year. The recent price adjustments were a clear motivator for me and the plaid delta of $15k made it a good value in my opinion. However, I was still watching and wondering/hoping for a new silver or gray color - hopefully exclusive to S, X - and something different than the myriad of 3/Ys running all over here in the [base-no extra $-MSM] color. I was also watching for any final EOQ deals. But....

9/5: Ordered RN119905xxx. I ordered immediately after noticing that the Yoke price changed to $1k, and became concerned that other prices would change too, so I jumped in. Glad I did - just captured the $-1k loyalty savings, just in time before it dropped to 500.
MSP, MSM/Black, 19", Steering wheel
9/15: VIN assigned after I acknowledged the "no USS" disclosure. I confirmed manufacturing date: 9/13! Southern California delivery
9/16: Set delivery for 9/22
9/22: Delivery today at Marina Del Rey. Same center I took delivery of my 2019 (Raven) but much busier with 3/Ys all over. Mine was the only S but my service helper said they were doing a total of 7 S/X today. They arent seeing a lot of plaids come through and more X than S.
Great experience, quality was much better than my 4/2019 build, and I love the car.
Tinting already completed, ceramic is next, new 19" wheels using factory Pirelli tires is after that. Plus, selling my 2019 dual motor long range is on the list too.
Good luck to the rest of you!
I have a 2020 long range plus (Raven) as well. Going to either trade in or sell privately for a plaid. Are you selling yours privately? If so, what are you thinking you’ll get for it?

I have a 2020 long range plus (Raven) as well. Going to either trade in or sell privately for a plaid. Are you selling yours privately? If so, what are you thinking you’ll get for it?
I'm going to sell it privately as I generally do that with my cars, as soon as I am comfortable with the new one. I'm good to go and just took a bunch of pics. I will post it here in TMC at [what I feel is a fair and friendly] price, around half of a new model S. The current TMC listings are rightfully trying to squeeze out every dollar from their sales price but I dont need to do that. I'll be driving in the meantime while the plaid now has taken its spot in the garage.

Congrats! Sounds like another great experience. Did you get the FSD package? Are you upgrading to different 19inch wheels and tires? If so what and why. Lot’s of questions, just from another enthusiast.
Thanks. No FSD but I have the 3 month free demo. If I wanted FSD, the only way to get it is via subscription because in CA, you would continue to pay a usurious tax on the $12k because of annual taxes via the DMV registration.
I ordered the 19" T sportline TSS wheels in space gray, and in the meantime I have the aero covers off, using Amazon-sourced caps and lug covers. Note that T sportline honored their 10% sept sale against the $1700 sales price on the TSS so I could not resist.

Thanks. No FSD but I have the 3 month free demo. If I wanted FSD, the only way to get it is via subscription because in CA, you would continue to pay a usurious tax on the $12k because of annual taxes via the DMV registration.
I ordered the 19" T sportline TSS wheels in space gray, and in the meantime I have the aero covers off, using Amazon-sourced caps and lug covers. Note that T sportline honored their 10% sept sale against the $1700 sales price on the TSS so I could not resist.
How do you like the 19" wheels with the aero covers off? Have you noticed lower range with the caps off too. I also like the T sport line selection, and was curious about 20" but really don't know if you need adjustments.

I was told if you purchased the FSD after you buy the car, it does to reflect with your DMV registration, or affect your taxes.

Does anyone know if delivery location is considered when they set Delivery Dates?

I’m in Oklahoma so not so many Tesla’s are bought here. Do you think they attempt to queue these cars as a function of location as well?
I don't know for sure but I would say yes.

When I was looking at inventory, putting my VA zip code for cars listed very far away like Texas would sometimes still allow me the opportunity to reserve it.

Only some cars though, which I assumed means some cars are slated for transfer across the country and will get routed accordingly.

Ordered MSP (Black/black 19/yoke) on 9/10 with EDD in Sept-Oct.
Got VIN on 9/17, but EDD shifted to 10/5-10/12 on 9/18.

Now, I'm here, just waiting and compulsively app-checking... seems there's no cure for this particular ailment! 😅
Ordered my MSP (Ultra Red/Black/21/steering wheel) on 9/9 with EDD of Sep-Oct:
9/16: EDD 9/24 - 9/30
9/18: VIN
9/25: Delivery at 1:30pm in Smithtown, NY
9/27: PPF + Ceramic coating

9/15 ordered - MSP blue cream 19
9/19 september - october delivery changed to october - november
9/20 est date set to sept 28 - 30

Have my 2019 M3P waiting for trade in offer but already applied financing and stuff so just gonna assume they will wait a bit and then just kick my butt on that.

No VIN. Someone please tell me how to cure the disease of opening my Tesla App 100 times a day checking for some kind of update.
its hard. I ordered 9/4 - got a delivery date of Sept-October. Then on 9/14 my date changed to 9/24-9/30 without a vin, That night I received a vin and DD changed to 9/30-10/7. On Friday i was able to schedule my pick up date which the only choice was 9/30. This is stressful!

Reactions: Mordin