Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks, new member here. I just placed an order for an MSP on Sunday 10/1. Received word that my car is available to pick up today (10/4)!! I texted Tesla and apparently the vehicle rolled off the production line on Sept 25th. Car is located in Dublin, CA a few miles away from the Fremont plant.

Should I be concerned that this was a rejected vehicle? Is there a way to find if this is the case? How worried should I be?

Hey folks, new member here. I just placed an order for an MSP on Sunday 10/1. Received word that my car is available to pick up today (10/4)!! I texted Tesla and apparently the vehicle rolled off the production line on Sept 25th. Car is located in Dublin, CA a few miles away from the Fremont plant.

Should I be concerned that this was a rejected vehicle? Is there a way to find if this is the case? How worried should I be?
As a follow-up, does Tesla build cars without orders attached? I'm curious why this would be available so quickly?

As a follow-up, does Tesla build cars without orders attached? I'm curious why this would be available so quickly?
Yes...as of this year, quite a few inventory cars.

Ask about the miles. If on the high side, it could be a reject.

I'd bring a checklist and look the car over throughly. If it is not up to spec, you must reject!

Reactions: zoomer0056

Oh wow, congrats. I thought mine was fast being 6 days from order to pickup.

Reactions: zoomer0056
There's like 4 new plaids on my shipment to both the Raleigh and Charlotte locations that are not allocated to anyone I believe. So yes, Tesla does make cars without customers assigned to it and ships them out to the Service Centers. I mean if the Service center is close by go take a look at the car and refuse it if you don't like it and wait for a new one to be built and come in.

Reactions: aerodyne
Oh wow, congrats. I thought mine was fast being 6 days from order to pickup.
Getting your brand new car tomorrow, very exciting. When I picked up my Feb 2022 MSLR I accepted a couple of paint defects without asking to fix 'em. One was a bubbling. It wasn't, but to describe, it was like rust bubbling up the paint. It was so small and in an area only an inspector (me) would see. The other was a pin sized mark of missing paint that you could see underlying primer. I paid for these unseen by the naked eye defects because to fix would've been very risky for such small things. I did not accepted the cracked taillight and that was fixed. To this day I know they knew about the taillight but was just gonna wait for me to bring it up. That part of Tesla sucks the big one. My advice, inspect thoroughly before trading for $. Once they have your $ you better be happy with your decision. You may no find all defects at first. You have 100 miles to find others before they can say it's your fault. This upfront checking is on you. Don't expect Tesla to have your best interests in mind.

There's like 4 new plaids on my shipment to both the Raleigh and Charlotte locations that are not allocated to anyone I believe. So yes, Tesla does make cars without customers assigned to it and ships them out to the Service Centers. I mean if the Service center is close by go take a look at the car and refuse it if you don't like it and wait for a new one to be built and come in.
This is great advice. Do you know if I will need to pay an additional $250 if I reject this and ask for a new build?

Possibly someone cancelled their order too 🤔

That’s just a number they put on there. Usually is 50
My MSP came with 9 miles when I took delivery. Normally is between 5 and 15 … beyond that it means the car was probably driven to a service center for some fixing or warehouse was far from your delivery location.
Either way, 40 miles is no big deal … if you look up, market says up to 200 miles is ok for a new car.

Attachments

• IMG_9891.jpeg
    IMG_9891.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: ginmqi and cwanja
They updated the terms. You now just have to order by the 30th. Not pick up.

I actually picked it up on the 28th - FSD transferred with no issue. Car looked perfect and currently getting PPF and tint. I drove it from Tesla to the Detailer. Still don't have it but its okay - I can wait now that all the stress is gone! Love it though!

My MSP came with 9 miles when I took delivery. Normally is between 5 and 15 … beyond that it means the car was probably driven to a service center for some fixing or warehouse was far from your delivery location.
Either way, 40 miles is no big deal … if you look up, market says up to 200 miles is ok for a new car.
I had 4 miles when i picked it up

Alright, picked it up today at 3pm. The car did have 40 miles on it. it was cold and rainy so hopefully I didn’t miss anything, but I think the car is perfect. The only thing I’ve noticed so far is the gap between drivers door trim and dash is slightly larger than passenger, I’m not too worried about that. All panels look properly aligned.

I then drove it 250 miles on a weekend getaway. After a charge I did 2 short pulls getting onto the freeway in plaid mode, and holy F was I unprepared for how much faster this thing is than my M3P. Also, I was unprepared for how much nicer the interior is than the M3P.

Overall super happy so far, hopefully I don’t find a bunch of bad paint work tomorrow when I see it in the sun for the first time.

IMG_2589.jpeg

Picked mine up today. Looked for damage but didn't find anything of note. 8 miles on it. Car inside building during inspection kinda nice.

Hitting moderate to high acceleration I heard some kind of grinding, felt very close to drivers seat but cant tell. None at low acceleration and none at 60 mph cruising. Only drove a few miles so far taking the kid to park but kinda nervous. Will see if I can reproduce.

Have not floored it yet.

1000009443.jpg