Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accepted delivery two days ago on a MSP Ultra red , wheel, 19" in Libertyville Illinois, I live in Wisconsin. We cant buy Tesla's here LOL. Manufacture date was 9/23. Software version was 2023.26.100. Spent 1/2 hour going over car before delivery. They let me take all the time I needed to go over the car inside and out with the car keys. Everything was good except for two really small paint chips on the passenger rear rocker. It was noted and photo'd for a service visit to fix before delivery. Service for that scheduled for Early October by my Tesla delivery guy. Since it had been raining and hard to see imperfections I didnt see the biggest flaw which was a 3" scrape on the paint on the front hood. I'm not able to note this in the Tesla service area on the app, as I already have a service set for the little chips. I dont think it can be buffed and is through the clear coat. Whatever happens from end of manufacturing to picking the car up? Not enough oversight there? Otherwise everything appears really good. I think the problems I'm seeing came from after the car left Tesla, IE damage from carelessness in the transport/delivery.
We had a similar issue with a Model 3 we bought our son. Didn’t find the paint issues for a few days after pickup. As long as you submit something within the first 100 miles, you should be good.

I ordered an MSP on 9/4 and applied for the FSD Transfer. Yesterday - my delivery date had changed to 9/22-9/30 (with no vin). Last night, I received my vin and my delivery date changed to 9/30-10/7. I've asked if delivery is after 9/30 will the FSD transfer still apply but the service reps I've asked have said they don't know. I guess my question is - how soon after receiving a vin have you received your car? just trying not to stress out and trying to see if delivery will be more than 2 weeks out and if I'll take delivery before 9/30.
They updated the terms. You now just have to order by the 30th. Not pick up.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Just want to give a minor update as I had some time today to really wash, and inspect every corner of the car. It's not prefect, but pretty close. I'm happy with the paint, body panels, door jam areas etc... The only flaws are so minor that I may take care of them myself. But always good idea to have them noted early.

Reactions: aerodyne
I just got the text to schedule delivery and they sent it to the wrong dealership. Yeah it’s technically closer to me, but it’s also a cramped dealership at the Raleigh location. I think it should be okay and not so chaotic seeing that I’ll have to pick it up during the week. They only gave me two week days as options, was hoping for a weekend option, which means I have to take off work and drive the 1:20 minutes one way to the dealership. I was also hoping to have the delivery experience with my wife on the weekend, but instead I’ll have to share it with my father-in-law because we both can’t take off of work 😂 I did send a text message asking about changing date and location and I’m awaiting a response.

I just got the text to schedule delivery and they sent it to the wrong dealership. Yeah it’s technically closer to me, but it’s also a cramped dealership at the Raleigh location. I think it should be okay and not so chaotic seeing that I’ll have to pick it up during the week. They only gave me two week days as options, was hoping for a weekend option, which means I have to take off work and drive the 1:20 minutes one way to the dealership. I was also hoping to have the delivery experience with my wife on the weekend, but instead I’ll have to share it with my father-in-law because we both can’t take off of work 😂 I did send a text message asking about changing date and location and I’m awaiting a response.
Most service centers are open to 8:30 at night. Cant you just go later to solve your concern.

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_093209839.jpg
    IMG_20220530_093209839.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Helpful
Reactions: Mordin
Tracking my MSP delivery here at Libertyville, IL.

I ordered Friday night/Sat morning (1am), by 8am I had a VIN, and Sunday they asked me to arrange my delivery for this Friday.

With it all being so fast it's clear they either already had the car or it was already on the way, so I'm slightly concerned I might be getting a car that was refused delivery on.

Ultra Red MSP
21" wheels
White interior
Yoke

Long shot but has anyone refused delivery on this spec in the last few days/week in Libertyville, IL?

Tracking my MSP delivery here at Libertyville, IL.

I ordered Friday night/Sat morning (1am), by 8am I had a VIN, and Sunday they asked me to arrange my delivery for this Friday.

With it all being so fast it's clear they either already had the car or it was already on the way, so I'm slightly concerned I might be getting a car that was refused delivery on.

Ultra Red MSP
21" wheels
White interior
Yoke

Long shot but has anyone refused delivery on this spec in the last few days/week in Libertyville, IL?
Try not to over think it or go in Looking for assumed issues. They build stock. Unless it has 400 miles on it just inspect and enjoy. Nice configuration.