Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems ok, just a minor bump in the road with all considered. Back in the "olden days" we waited from six months to a year and even more. Kids these days have it too easyl
Well I get your point, but when you already have hard dates and things don't go to plan it gets annoying having to rearrange everything including financing, insurance and time off from work to get the delivery because its 1.5 hours away one way. Waiting for a bit longer for it to come in is one thing, but having issues and getting things changed after your date arrived is another. I just don't know how a 2 day eta to the SC goes to over 2 weeks delay.

My assumption on Monday is that they assigned me the car from the Charlotte, NC Service Center, which is on the other side of my state about 3 hours away. The car at the Charlotte location matched my options 100% and I thought they were just moving it from store to store for me. I say this because while I was getting the run around about what was happening on the car I rejected I saw that they had the car for immediate pickup at the Charlotte Tesla SC and after they assigned me a new car that one disappeared from Tesla's inventory via the website. So the 2-3 day travel time lined up with the assumption it was that car from the Charlotte Tesla Service Center and they were just moving it from store to store for me. I am now wondering what is going on to have the delay of 2+ weeks when the car was ready for immediate pickup before I was assigned to it IF that was the car they matched me with.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Well I get your point, but when you already have hard dates and things don't go to plan it gets annoying having to rearrange everything including financing, insurance and time off from work to get the delivery because its 1.5 hours away one way. Waiting for a bit longer for it to come in is one thing, but having issues and getting things changed after your date arrived is another. I just don't know how a 2 day eta to the SC goes to over 2 weeks delay.

My assumption on Monday is that they assigned me the car from the Charlotte, NC Service Center, which is on the other side of my state about 3 hours away. The car at the Charlotte location matched my options 100% and I thought they were just moving it from store to store for me. I say this because while I was getting the run around about what was happening on the car I rejected I saw that they had the car for immediate pickup at the Charlotte Tesla SC and after they assigned me a new car that one disappeared from Tesla's inventory via the website. So the 2-3 day travel time lined up with the assumption it was that car from the Charlotte Tesla Service Center and they were just moving it from store to store for me. I am now wondering what is going on to have the delay of 2+ weeks when the car was ready for immediate pickup before I was assigned to it IF that was the car they matched me with.
Well a logistically shipping One car wouldn’t make sense they are likely grouping it with a batch to ship a full truck. Try not to over think it or assume concerns. You will have a great car and hardly remember the delay. Congrats

Quick q cause I'm having a little trouble navigating the site ...

My MSP is due in the next couple of weeks. I saw mentioned that there's a delivery checklist posted somewhere. Can someone point me to it?

Thanks

I only had 15 of the 60 items mentioned.

Last edited:
I just had to reject my model s plaid. Trunk was soooooo poorly aligned. Scratch on hood. Door big chip out of side.

They said they were going to fix it all right then. Came back and said “actually we can’t fix the trunk alignment. That will have to go to a 3rd party body shop to have that fixed and will just take about 3 weeks. At the same time we can have that body shop respray your passenger door”

F that. Who buys $100k car and has it immediately sent to a body shop for 3 weeks? The guy said it with a straight face too. Almost impressive

I just had to reject my model s plaid. Trunk was soooooo poorly aligned. Scratch on hood. Door big chip out of side.

They said they were going to fix it all right then. Came back and said “actually we can’t fix the trunk alignment. That will have to go to a 3rd party body shop to have that fixed and will just take about 3 weeks. At the same time we can have that body shop respray your passenger door”

F that. Who buys $100k car and has it immediately sent to a body shop for 3 weeks? The guy said it with a straight face too. Almost impressive

My guess, he has had lots of practice keeping a straight face on deliveries.

Chances are, although hard to imagine, the Fremont built cars will get even less love than they have now, once CT comes out.

And, less demand for MS/MX when M3 highland and MY juniper are released next year.

Keep at it until you get a good car that does not need service at delivery.

LOL I need to stop checking this thread.. I'm picking up my MSP in Jacksonville on Monday morning and I literally had a dream last night that I picked up my car, and as I'm driving, I realize it has the yoke.. and it's been modded with a top cross bar and some racing sticker on it. "Wait, that can't be right. I ordered it with the wheel". Then I give it the pedal and it bucks back and forth. In my dream I was like "maybe mine isn't quite ready yet, so this is a loaner. This CAN'T be my new car"... Yeah.. I'm leaving this forum until after Monday for my own mental health :p

LOL I need to stop checking this thread.. I'm picking up my MSP in Jacksonville on Monday morning and I literally had a dream last night that I picked up my car, and as I'm driving, I realize it has the yoke.. and it's been modded with a top cross bar and some racing sticker on it. "Wait, that can't be right. I ordered it with the wheel". Then I give it the pedal and it bucks back and forth. In my dream I was like "maybe mine isn't quite ready yet, so this is a loaner. This CAN'T be my new car"... Yeah.. I'm leaving this forum until after Monday for my own mental health :p
Agreed. Tough to validate reality on a forum when someone joins same day with only one negative post on a single thread. Had absolutely no issue with my MSP and love it every drive.

Reactions: Laddcruzer
Agreed. Tough to validate reality on a forum when someone joins same day with only one negative post on a single thread. Had absolutely no issue with my MSP and love it every drive.
I have zero reason to create an account to lie. I had been browsing this thread a lot in prep for my plaid coming. Yesterday was such a buzzkill and was so disheartening with the way they tried to pass it off, that I posted about my experience. When I rejected it updated delivery date to sometime over the next week, until they assign a new vin, at which point it should uodate to reflect real time frame.

My app showing that I’ve ordered a model s is attached, minus my RN…Maybe don’t just discount other people because it’s not what happened to you. I could stick my entire finger between the trunk and the rear bumper. Wish I took photo but was too bummed in the moment.

Attachments

• CB58BA24-E217-43C5-98E2-CD1DF22495F8.jpeg
    CB58BA24-E217-43C5-98E2-CD1DF22495F8.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 85
So sorry to hear the negative delivery experiences. It is terrible whem something that should be Joyous is turned into something awful. All of us deserve a quality experience upon delievery of a 100K car. I can only hope that these are indeed the exceptions and not the rule. My experience was very good and the car was in great shape. Hold out for that 100K car you ordered, take nothing less. You deserve the joy of a wonderful delivery experience.

When I had my RAM TRX, I know that RAM monitored the RAM TRX Forum and many members received action upon appeal to what they call RAM Cares. I think Tesla should do this as well to assist them in becoming a better company and assuring happy customers. Don't get me wrong RAM still had issues, but you could always escalate via RAM Cares.

I took my new MSP out yesterday and hit it at 40 on the highway and shocked myself in about 1sec when I hit 85. It didn't even go into Plaid mode, at least the console didnt indicate it. Honestly It was kinda scary- but so very cool. I thought the 702Hp RAM TRX and my AMG were fast- Ha, no comparison.

Hold out for the car you deserve. You wont regret it.

Alright, picked it up today at 3pm. The car did have 40 miles on it. it was cold and rainy so hopefully I didn’t miss anything, but I think the car is perfect. The only thing I’ve noticed so far is the gap between drivers door trim and dash is slightly larger than passenger, I’m not too worried about that. All panels look properly aligned.

I then drove it 250 miles on a weekend getaway. After a charge I did 2 short pulls getting onto the freeway in plaid mode, and holy F was I unprepared for how much faster this thing is than my M3P. Also, I was unprepared for how much nicer the interior is than the M3P.

Overall super happy so far, hopefully I don’t find a bunch of bad paint work tomorrow when I see it in the sun for the first time.

View attachment 980295
Beautiful car, great color and interior and Go Bucks.

So I went to pick up my MSP today. Looked over the vehicle and found a number of issues. I went over each with the SA and he setup a service request at the end of this week. Want to get the groups thoughts on whether I should have rejected the car:

1) driver door handle is recessed beyond flush with the door and the black paint shows quite a bit of bubbling on one corner. SA says they will replace the entire door handle and will be an easy fix
2) Truck panel gap is uneven with a larger gap on the right side of the trunk. This seems to be a common issue on this car. SA says this is easily adjustable
3) Rear passenger door is slightly out of alignment and needs to move closer into the vehicle and up to be flush - SA also says they make this fix all the time and should not be a problem. I sure hope so - this one has me worried
4) felt liner above the driver side rear passenger door shows some wear like someone took an abrasive to it. SA says this will be completely replaced. I hope this doesn't cause some sort of new noise internally
5) paint on the left side of the front bumper is slightly lighter at the bottom of the bumper - they clearly did not spray this well enough. I found this after I left - I'm guessing they will have to respray the bumper or replace this somehow?

I don't have pictures as I brought the car to the PPF shop but once I pick up tomorrow, I will add.

Overall should I have not accepted this vehicle? Has anyone else experienced these issues and had them correctly resolved?
Does it matter if you should or shouldn’t have accepted the car at this point? You got it, there’s mostly cosmetic and fixable issues, like most cars. But isn’t it 95% amazing. Get those items taken care of and enjoy “The Thrill of the Ride”.

Reactions: zoomer0056