Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked my MSP up in Jacksonville yesterday morning. I had the checklist printed out, and after walking around the car and opening all the doors, I reverted to a 3 year old and got so excited I just handed him the check and drove off :p. I made it 2 miles before I pulled over, called a tint shop, and got my Windows done in Jax. NOW the car looks a little more aggressive. Only had one minor issue driving the 2 hours home. About halfway through the trip my streaming music started getting choppy (horrid signal in that area), but then I lost my speedo, and all kinds of warning lights started popping up. I calmly pulled into a gas station a few miles further down the road, gave it the 2 button salute on the steering wheel, and she came right back to life with no issues. Got home, updated my app with my electricity rates, and found it only cost me 4 bux to get all the way home. My Hellcat burns 4 bux in gas if I unlock the damn doors :p
I think I'm going to love this thing.

Just picked my MSP up in Jacksonville yesterday morning. I had the checklist printed out, and after walking around the car and opening all the doors, I reverted to a 3 year old and got so excited I just handed him the check and drove off :p. I made it 2 miles before I pulled over, called a tint shop, and got my Windows done in Jax. NOW the car looks a little more aggressive. Only had one minor issue driving the 2 hours home. About halfway through the trip my streaming music started getting choppy (horrid signal in that area), but then I lost my speedo, and all kinds of warning lights started popping up. I calmly pulled into a gas station a few miles further down the road, gave it the 2 button salute on the steering wheel, and she came right back to life with no issues. Got home, updated my app with my electricity rates, and found it only cost me 4 bux to get all the way home. My Hellcat burns 4 bux in gas if I unlock the damn doors :p
Enjoy! What's the config?

Well done and congrats. Yeah, going in with a check list and calipers looking for a spider web in the wheel well is a waste of time. Look over car, drive car, and enjoy. Life’s to short.

About halfway through the trip my streaming music started getting choppy (horrid signal in that area)
Ya, sometime the streaming signal can be choppy-ish depending on area. Premium connectivity uses LTE antennas which i believe are 4G, they are not on 5G nor does the display show 5G (i picked mine late Sept 2023). So perhaps the 2024 or at somepoint later Tesla will need to update the antennas on their cars to 5G.

And that brings up an interesting question a year from now when free premium connectivity expires. Do i just renew for $100/year or use my phones hotspot and if i do what all do i lose. Primarily Live traffic is what would be the most value to me. Streaming music is easily replaced with Spotify which i pay for anyways.

Ya, sometime the streaming signal can be choppy-ish depending on area. Premium connectivity uses LTE antennas which i believe are 4G, they are not on 5G nor does the display show 5G (i picked mine late Sept 2023). So perhaps the 2024 or at somepoint later Tesla will need to update the antennas on their cars to 5G.

And that brings up an interesting question a year from now when free premium connectivity expires. Do i just renew for $100/year or use my phones hotspot and if i do what all do i lose. Primarily Live traffic is what would be the most value to me. Streaming music is easily replaced with Spotify which i pay for anyways.
Connectivity Packages
Connectivity PackagesStandardPremium
Navigation
Live Traffic Visualization
Sentry Mode - View Live Camera
Satellite-View Maps
Video Streaming**
Caraoke*
Music Streaming**
Internet Browser*
Without premiumyou would only get base map navigation. Meaning without the satellite view just streets.

Connectivity Packages
Connectivity PackagesStandardPremium
Navigation
Live Traffic Visualization
Sentry Mode - View Live Camera
Satellite-View Maps
Video Streaming**
Caraoke*
Music Streaming**
Internet Browser*
Without premiumyou would only get base map navigation. Meaning without the satellite view just streets.
I am still trying to familiarize myself with what is included, what is not and of i can live with or without it. It has been only a few weeks and i am of the impression that only Live Traffic Visualization was the added value and assumed incouldnlove without the others... but perhaps i need to research this more and understand it, good thing injave this community and another 11 months to figure it out. Not that the cost is prohibitive in anyway.

Thanks so the above table I remember seeing it previously.

What's intriguing is that given all the buzz surrounding Plaids, I expected the S/X figures to be slightly greater than they actually are. :p

1697669055021.png

Reactions: Mayer
$100k cars just aren't volume sellers... Just go ask Lucid about that. ;)

Actually the world is awash with $100k +/- 10% cars, and they are volume sellers.
Escalades, Land/Range Rovers, Corvettes, Audis, BMWs, MBs, and others are a huge segment of the market at around that price point and they're probably the most profitable segment of the automotive industry. GM makes bank on an $85k Yukon or 1500 Denali pickups a lot more than everyone does on lower priced models ... only Tesla banks more across all price points

Lucid is not a good example ... their issues are because they're a startup without the benefits of scale.
You can get an entry level Lucid for the price of a hypercar performance level MSP.
The Lucid equivalent to the MSP is $250k ... and yes it looks better and is more fancy pants but not +150k worth.

I have no experience with or loyalty to Tesla and I'm not not feeling super morally at peace giving away my money to a CEO with the emotional maturity of a 16yo girl. But as apprehensive as I am about my MSP delivery and quality control issues as a first time customer, Lucid is waaaay worse. I've had two friends sell theirs within three months, and short of of being blackmailed by a stripper I've never seen people so happy to lose $70k just to get rid of a problem

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great day.

Just ordered a 20’ MSP - 21”, fsd, white/black. Super excited to pick it up soon. Is there a recommended checklist anywhere? It’s my first time buying a car.

For used cars, are you guys usually adding ppf or anything?

What’s considered not acceptable at pickup that I should look for ? Ie scuffed/imperfect seat, misaligned door/frunk, noticable scratches (I assume they fill these in for free?)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help this noob out :)

Reactions: zoomer0056
I keep hearing model year debate but to be honest will there be any difference other than VIN format?
Probably not. But don’t discount the psychological difference, a 2024 will hold value better than a 2023 because no one is going to care that a 2023 was a few days short of becoming a 2024. All they’ll see is a car thats “a year” newer.