Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I promised my last update was my last. Buuut one more. Had a fun weekend with it this weekend. Saturday I took it to the drag strip and got some tips on how to get the best out of it. Ended up running 9.426 @ 148mph, what a rush!!

Today I decided to give it a good hand wash and clay bar. Since I picked it up in the rain and immediately drove it 250 miles I’d never actually seen it cleaned up. Boy does she look good!! The ultra-red is unreal!

Most of the flaws I’d seen in the paint were non issues and washed right off. I found a couple of defects that are annoying but minor, but then I also found evidence of repair pre-delivery, a bunch of overspray on the passenger rear window. So I’ve got a mobile service appointment to resolve that. We will see how it goes.

IMG_2683.jpeg

IMG_2696.jpeg

IMG_2700.jpeg

I'm about 600 miles into my plaid now.

I think my original clunk clunk noises were from the J1772 adapter in the frunk flying around. Did not know they put it there... didn't try to reproduce by moving it to a spot where it would fly again though.

Did something unexpected today. I drove my wife's Expedition and hit the volume down button on the steering wheel thinking it was turn signal indicator hah. Guess I'm used to it.

Still haven't launched it with cheetah mode...
I use turn signals to skip songs going from 17 to 23.

I am wondering is the production of Model S even going? At least in WA I do not see new cars coming in on tesla-info and my order EDD keeps getting pushed back. If they are not producing I think it means they are selling of 2023 and will restart with 2024 model year. Thoughts?

same, ordered 10.06, took like a week to get my trade-in sorted due to financing, blew past the EDD and they updated, its been EDD 10.27 since 10.18

MSP, white, 19", black int, round steering, basic ap

Order 10.06
original EDD 10.17
current EDD 10.27 to 11.17

I promised my last update was my last. Buuut one more. Had a fun weekend with it this weekend. Saturday I took it to the drag strip and got some tips on how to get the best out of it. Ended up running 9.426 @ 148mph, what a rush!!

Can you elucidate a bit on what you did to get the best out of it at the track? I'm thinking about taking my Plaid out soon and am eating enough crow already for selling my Redeye Hellcat to get this thing. I need to represent with something in the 9's for sure.