Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove my new LR that I picked up on Friday some more over the weekend. Getting tint now. Very happy with it. Again, minor trunk misalignment. I don’t feel like letting them mess with it. I didn’t feel any vibration when I got it up to 80mph. It did come with FSD 3 month trial which when I asked the tesla dealer about he said I didn’t get it but of course I did. Car looks awesome and I’m very happy with it and the 25K price drop of whatever it has been the last year.
When you initially placed your order, did you use a referral for discount and FSD trial? That’s what I did, and I gladly gave that up for the FUSC transfer. Then I was pleasantly surprised when I saw under “specs” in my app that I had Full Self Driving Caoability.

Last edited:
Took delivery on Saturday morning the 25th in Dedham, MA. The car was outside on the Supercharger, and they told me to go sit in it and check it out. I found one minor paint issue near the left rear wheel well, and no other defects interior or exterior. Overall a quick and satisfactory experience.
An hour before leaving for my appointment, I put my 2020 Model S on the Lexington Supercharger for one last free top-off before the transfer. The FUSC transfer went through that afternoon, according to my app.
Now all I have to do is sell my old Model S; probably to a local dealer...
I drove my new LR that I picked up on Friday some more over the weekend. Getting tint now. Very happy with it. Again, minor trunk misalignment. I don’t feel like letting them mess with it. I didn’t feel any vibration when I got it up to 80mph. It did come with FSD 3 month trial which when I asked the tesla dealer about he said I didn’t get it but of course I did. Car looks awesome and I’m very happy with it and the 25K price drop of whatever it has been the last year.
It's encouraging to hear about these good delivery experiences and satisfactory vehicles. Thanks for sharing, guys.

I did hear it the first morning i went in the garage. I googled it and turned off sentry at home and now i don’t hear it. Not sure if it’s making the noise when I’m not home.
Not sure if this is the same noise. But my noise was heard from outside the vehicle and sounded like it was coming from one side near the frunk. I didn’t go in the car to hear it though so maybe.

Reactions: asterothe
So I arrived a little early at the store so that I can take a little time to look at my car before taking delivery

Overall it seems reasonably well put together on the outside except for this gap:

IMG_3821.jpeg

You guys think this is something fixable with some adjustments or is something welded in an off position?

So I arrived a little early at the store so that I can take a little time to look at my car before taking delivery

Overall it seems reasonably well put together on the outside except for this gap:

View attachment 994143

You guys think this is something fixable with some adjustments or is something welded in an off position?
I think they can do some adjusting but if it doesn’t bother you it’s probably not that noticeable. I think I only noticed mine because I’m on this forum.

Reactions: Snardy
I wonder if it's just that left rear quarter panel that has to be pulled in a bit. If you look where I circled in yellow, it looks like that panel is not quite aligned with the line on the tail light. If that gets pulled in a bit, I think it will close that gap and look a lot better.

1701116635999.png