Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That part of the bumper is not normally PPFed, even full body PPF. It's the trailing edge. At most they would get close to the edge but not wrap around.
Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. It looks like they either dropped it on that area or, more likely, they used a tool and just chipped it. Just sloppy work. I'm mulling my options since it's been almost 3 months since I took delivery.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. It looks like they either dropped it on that area or, more likely, they used a tool and just chipped it. Just sloppy work. I'm mulling my options since it's been almost 3 months since I took delivery.

If that is the Only thing you found, as in no misaligned trim or seat wrinkles, count yourself as having won the MS Lottery!

Save your service center visits for future problems, like rattles and vibrations.

I don't think this is a battle that's worth it since it's 3 months after delivery. Is this something you pointed out immediately after delivery or before accepting delivery? It's on a part of the car you can't see and can likely be easily fixed.

I don't think this is a battle that's worth it since it's 3 months after delivery. Is this something you pointed out immediately after delivery or before accepting delivery? It's on a part of the car you can't see and can likely be easily fixed.
Sorry. To clarify. It’s been nearly three months but the car has been at the SC the entire time. I finally picked up last week after multiple mishaps on their part. I’ve driven it a grand total of 3 miles.

The SC just told me they think that’s where the bumper clips in. I’m skeptical. Going to take it in tonight.

Reactions: dsm363
If that is the Only thing you found, as in no misaligned trim or seat wrinkles, count yourself as having won the MS Lottery!

Save your service center visits for future problems, like rattles and vibrations.
It’s not. As you’re well aware they’ve corrected a ton of things. Head rest wrinkle (which they may have to replace again), carbon fiber door trim not sitting flush with interior material, the notorious fender issue, scratches / oil stain on the console, etc….

It’s not. As you’re well aware they’ve corrected a ton of things. Head rest wrinkle (which they may have to replace again), carbon fiber door trim not sitting flush with interior material, the notorious fender issue, scratches / oil stain on the console, etc….
I'll be hopefully taking delivery of a MS soon.

That being said, when you found issues with the vehicle did you refuse delivery or have to work with the SC thereafter? Trying to plan in the event there are any issues upon delivery and not sure what the process is

I'll be hopefully taking delivery of a MS soon.

That being said, when you found issues with the vehicle did you refuse delivery or have to work with the SC thereafter? Trying to plan in the event there are any issues upon delivery and not sure what the process is
I worked with them and they resolved most but not after a baffling array of incompetence and nearly three months of it sitting there.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Photos would be great! Thank you.
Here are some after just under two years and 11 trips to the service center.

1702409327997.png

1702409344283.png

1702409362509.png
1702409378424.png

1702409393717.png

That's true but the advantage of center horn placement is that it's always in the same place if you have the steering wheel turned. And it's something some people have a few decades of muscle memory to relearn.
I’m waiting for either Tesla or a 3rd party supplier to come up with a steering wheel retrofit that features a real horn and maybe stalks. I’d buy it.

I’m waiting for either Tesla or a 3rd party supplier to come up with a steering wheel retrofit that features a real horn and maybe stalks. I’d buy it.
Stalks are possible, the Model 3 stalks fit perfectly, just requires some microcontroller magic to make them work. Someone did it already.

Horn will never happen, since that requires touching the airbag and no one wants that liability.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Stalks are possible, the Model 3 stalks fit perfectly, just requires some microcontroller magic to make them work. Someone did it already.

Horn will never happen, since that requires touching the airbag and no one wants that liability.
There is a possibility that the model 3 highland wheel and airbag or cybertruck wheel and airbag would work. Both of those have the center horn.

Caveat being that an airbag from a different car might have unexpected behavior when paired to the S/X airbag controller.

You’re probably right. But I think Tesla could do since they eventually offered a steering replacement for the yolk.

i live in hope.

If anything, I would think it is production date specific.
I bought a used 2021 S from Tesla last week (vin 427...). Delivery was originally supposed to be today (12/12) then pushed to 12/15. I just now got a call from a real person pushing it to 12/17, but she didn't seem at all confident of that date either. She claimed to not know anything about what the firmware bug is, saying they haven't been told.

I bought a used 2021 S from Tesla last week (vin 427...). Delivery was originally supposed to be today (12/12) then pushed to 12/15. I just now got a call from a real person pushing it to 12/17, but she didn't seem at all confident of that date either. She claimed to not know anything about what the firmware bug is, saying they haven't been told.
That is interesting, something that applies even to a two year old vehicle... I haven't seen any recall notices...

Good afternoon everyone, I'm in Connecticut and I order my Model S Plaid Stealth Grey / Black Interior on 12/2/2023. When I placed my order, the local service advisor told me that Tesla wasn't producing any more model S cars this year. So, that was a bummer but after reading through this very active thread, I don't think that the advisor was correct. Clearly it looks like there are plenty of new deliveries are happening every day and these cars can't all be from November. 🤔 Either way, this has been a fun ride with things changing every couple days. These have been my delivery estimates so far:

December 2nd - Order placed. Estimated delivery date showed Dec 2023 - Jan 2024
December 7th - Estimated delivery date updated to Jan 2024 - Feb 2024
December 11th - Estimated delivery date updated to December 25 - December 31 (I hope those poor tesla employees aren't delivering Christmas day)

As of today (December 12th) I don't have a VIN yet. So, I'm not really expecting them to be able to build the car, put it on a train across the country, put it on a transport truck to get it up the coast, and then be able to deliver it in as soon as 13 days from now. However, I guess we will see if they can prove me wrong.

Out of curiosity, has anyone with in the December 25th through December 31st delivery estimate received a VIN yet?