Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably because practical considerations have been sacrificed on the altar of "FSD" visualization.

When is Elon going to get Presbyopia and "see" the light that number 8 fonts are No Bueno?
He’s 52. Should be just about there

I am considerably shorter than the giants in this thread. In my seating position I can see everything fine on the display. But it is dumb how much room they waste on the fsd visuals.

Did you ever drive a pre 2021 Model S? Steering wheel opening was larger (I think) and more of the UI was in the center of the screen. With the FSD animations, a lot of that has been pushed to the side. And designed for yoke as you said. I don't see why car can't shift things around for round steering wheel. I'm not a programmer but how hard would it be?
Yes I did drive a pre-2021 S on many an occasion. No issue having the steering wheel and seeing everything.

Reactions: dsm363
Waiting for updates on my MSP delivery is starting to become unbearable. Is it really that hard for Tesla to put out some news on the production of the MSP? It was kind of fun and exciting for the first month or two of waiting and reading peoples' speculation of the 24 MSP. Now I'm just irritated and it's not fun anymore. Maybe I'll feel better when I see some VIN''s assigned or some hard delivery dates put out there. RANT over.

Thanks. Mine changed by a month... I don't see that as a "creep" which is why I asked if there were more discrete movements provided by Tesla.
I posted my guess on how the algorithm works few pages back... If you are in month to month EDD it means your order is not accounted for in production schedule yet. What I mean by creep day by day is that yesterday my Est. Delivery was January 28 - February 17, today its January 29 - February 17

This is so far as I understand the algorithm the indication that VIN assignment is imminent.

Waiting for updates on my MSP delivery is starting to become unbearable. Is it really that hard for Tesla to put out some news on the production of the MSP? It was kind of fun and exciting for the first month or two of waiting and reading peoples' speculation of the 24 MSP. Now I'm just irritated and it's not fun anymore. Maybe I'll feel better when I see some VIN''s assigned or some hard delivery dates put out there. RANT over.
Its only been a month since the last MSP cars were built. They may have been building cars for export at the start of the quarter. They have definitely been building Model S LR cars. I'd assume they build in batches, so they should get back to MSP soon. I think it's about a one month cycle in normal times.

Reactions: teko
Kids these days have absolutely no idea how good they have it. Only as far back as 2021 or 2022, this right of passage was minimum six months and up to a year long wait with EDD constantly moving. Jeeze Louise!
You are absolutely correct. I ordered MS on Feb 16, 2021, got sick of waiting, bought Taycan, I got MS VIN assigned on Jul 14, 2022!!! Passed on it.