Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a certain time of day Tesla updates EDD?

I’m really tired of opening their app every 30 minutes only to be disappointed. I figure if they update once a day I can limit my disappointments to only once a day instead of 30.
You are symptomatic for EDD. Don't worry, we are here for you. Somewhere in these nearly 5000 pages there was a post indicating EDD is only updated certain times of the day. I'll see if I can find it.

Actually, my delivery experience of my model 3 performance was awful. It was in a dark, dirt parking lot. The car was filthy inside and out.

Maybe Sam and Victor got ahold of it on their day off:p

hqdefault.jpg

So, it's good to know many have had a much worse experience waiting for their car. Just look @chrisdh79 signature for example. This was fairly typical back in the days of the early refresh.

However, I can't recall anyone after thier delivery saying here, "I wish I bought that BMW"
I can't be assed to look up his username, but there was a guy over in the model x subforum who did say that. But he was the type to point out every single flaw in other people's deliveries and then when he finally got his he hit the lottery and literally had trim fly off the car on the drive home

FWIW, the closest driving location to my home is one of those self demo places where you gain access to the car through the app and no people are involved. Today I drove the 2024 model S that recently arrived, an LR.

The only change is the horn, of course, which in this case had the best cover I’ve seen on an MS airbag, no visible worm. The car had the Continental pro contact all seasons, which are extremely quiet and a plush ride in comfort mode. It was also the tightest build of the 6 or so Palladium’s I’ve driven, though it was a newly built car with 87 miles.

1707244885675.png

FWIW, the closest driving location to my home is one of those self demo places where you gain access to the car through the app and no people are involved. Today I drove the 2024 model S that recently arrived, an LR.

The only change is the horn, of course, which in this case had the best cover I’ve seen on an MS airbag, no visible worm. The car had the Continental pro contact all seasons, which are extremely quiet and a plush ride in comfort mode. It was also the tightest build of the 6 or so Palladium’s I’ve driven, though it was a newly built car with 87 miles.

View attachment 1015953
Enjoiy!! Looks great. I miss old steering wheel design with T but the circumference of this looks so good. So good to have central horn. I keep hitting airbag in panic.

Reactions: dn325ci
I don't want everyone to get their tin foil hats on but ....

I was passing my local Tesla dealer today and saw that they were offloading a White Model S from a car carrier so I stopped in to take a look.

This specific car had a sign in the window saying "PC Change. NPI Trials". So, of course I had to Google what is a NPI trial. Thankfully there was a Tesla posting for New Product Introduction. Has anyone seen this sign on the cars locally?

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056 and teko
Just realized looking at photos of the tires on the LR I took pictures of the other day. Even though it's the same tire model as last year, when I look closely, I see a V(149mph) rating instead of W (168mph).

So even though the tire model is the same, it isn't really. Could it be the V rated tire has lower rolling resistance?

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
Just realized looking at photos of the tires on the LR I took pictures of the other day. Even though it's the same tire model as last year, when I look closely, I see a V(149mph) rating instead of W (168mph).

So even though the tire model is the same, it isn't really. Could it be the V rated tire has lower rolling resistance?
You're right - a V is what I saw today as well, front and rear. MSLR, of course. The old tire, which I also have photos of, was indeed a 104W up front, 107W in back. So I guess there is actually a tire change after all, possibly a compound change.

1707253553230.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sorka
I don't want everyone to get their tin foil hats on but ....

I was passing my local Tesla dealer today and saw that they were offloading a White Model S from a car carrier so I stopped in to take a look.

This specific car had a sign in the window saying "PC Change. NPI Trials". So, of course I had to Google what is a NPI trial. Thankfully there was a Tesla posting for New Product Introduction. Has anyone seen this sign on the cars locally?
Sigh... FOMO never sleeps.