Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No VIN assigned yet, so I am pretty sure it’s not manufactured yet, otherwise why would they wait to deliver it. Anyone know anything on the above.

They might be saving an inventory '23 for you. That would explain the speed difference, or it could just be the order is not updated.

If so,I hope they run out of old stock and give you the '24 you deserve, without the UR price increase.

Seems to me if you approved the MVPA, that price is binding unless they discontinued that model or trim, like Plaid Plus. Some here are reporting a different experience.

It never hurts to visit the store regularly and build a bit of a relationship with the SA.

Knowing Tesla, this is probably true, especially for orders placed in 2023.
Certainly possible, but considering these delays only seem to be impacting the Model S community, very unlikely. Even if we assume every single pending order from before price increase was for UR the total they'd make in additional revenue is not even a rounding error on their financial statements. Volume just isn't there at $2.5K/car to make sense. Especially considering if even one person like teko cancels, they lost ~25 of those upcharges. But hey crazier things have happened.

Reactions: empiredown
Maybe Tesla will do the right thing for the wrong reasons. Give a healthy discount to those last year cars and clear them out.
Or the right thing for the right reasons. I'm not sure we need to take the most uncharitable view of every decision Tesla makes.

There are only 2 remaining 2023's still listed as New in Ohio. Both are Plaids, and both are about $3,000 off current pricing (1,500 off pre Jan 14th pricing) so for me that's not enough to take a '23 but maybe for someone it is.

Certainly possible, but considering these delays only seem to be impacting the Model S community, very unlikely. Even if we assume every single pending order from before price increase was for UR the total they'd make in additional revenue is not even a rounding error on their financial statements. Volume just isn't there at $2.5K/car to make sense. Especially considering if even one person like teko cancels, they lost ~25 of those upcharges. But hey crazier things have happened.
Yeah who knows 🤷‍♂️

They might be saving an inventory '23 for you. That would explain the speed difference, or it could just be the order is not updated.

If so,I hope they run out of old stock and give you the '24 you deserve, without the UR price increase.

Seems to me if you approved the MVPA, that price is binding unless they discontinued that model or trim, like Plaid Plus. Some here are reporting a different experience.

It never hurts to visit the store regularly and build a bit of a relationship with the SA.
Thanks for the reply. I thought the speed was just a software thing. Not sure why they would wait if they had inventory. What is the price increase, I still see the same price I paid except paint colors now have a price and it was free when I ordered.

I got what UR is, it’s ultra red color but you know f that is the case they can just send a note to say the price has increased and give us the option to switch to a different color or pay the price. I am go8ng to call Tesla tomorrow
The only recent price increase is to charge for UR and I think some other colors. If you have a MVPA is should lock in your price IMO. Some have been told differently but I think that is unfair if true.

I think this is a pretty good time to have an order in. Maybe there will be front camera and other stuff in the future, but maybe there will be price increases as well. Waiting will increase the chance of an End of Quarter delivery which historically has higher risk of defects.

Reactions: fupito and sorka
The only recent price increase is to charge for UR and I think some other colors. If you have a MVPA is should lock in your price IMO. Some have been told differently but I think that is unfair if true.

I think this is a pretty good time to have an order in. Maybe there will be front camera and other stuff in the future, but maybe there will be price increases as well. Waiting will increase the chance of an End of Quarter delivery which historically has higher risk of defects.
All colors except stealth grey cost extra now.

My order agreement shows the original price. My MVPA shows the original price, but it still shows the '23 VIN that I was previously assigned, even though that car is sold now. OH well, we'll see.

I ordered Jan 1, but it looks like I might end up with end of Q1 rush anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
All colors except stealth grey cost extra now.

My order agreement shows the original price. My MVPA shows the original price, but it still shows the '23 VIN that I was previously assigned, even though that car is sold now. OH well, we'll see.

I ordered Jan 1, but it looks like I might end up with end of Q1 rush anyway.
Still have hopium we get the first batch post-Feb 13th 'release'. Since you have an MSP order and those are getting scheduled/delivered just hoping they tag mine onto your transfer. Exact EDD dates make that at least somewhat likely. 🤞