Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Model S Plaid VIN has been officially assigned. Before I can proceed, I need to accept this "Tesla Vision." I don't see anything about a price change, as I'd assume it would show as a required change, like the Tesla Vision (I don't even know what this is).

The VINs last 8 digits are:RF53XXXX

Is this a confirmed '24? If so, I will proceed with the order.
I'm.... jealous

• Funny
Reactions: JoeCal and aerodyne
Order placed on 12/31 for South Florida and just got this on a Model S Plaid. Is this normal? The FSD was a big selling point for me. Does anyone know how long they expect it to be without?

Attachments

• Tesla Vision.jpeg
    Tesla Vision.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 25
Order placed on 12/31 for South Florida and just got this on a Model S Plaid. Is this normal? The FSD was a big selling point for me. Does anyone know how long they expect it to be without?
Congrats! Your vehicle is on it’s way if you have this agreement.

Good news: FSD works on HW4 vehicles, like the one you are getting.

bad news is: no one knows when the remaining features (namely autopark and summon) will be available for HW4 vehicles.

Reactions: empiredown
Update: Model S Plaid VIN has been officially assigned. Before I can proceed, I need to accept this "Tesla Vision." I don't see anything about a price change, as I'd assume it would show as a required change, like the Tesla Vision (I don't even know what this is).

The VINs last 8 digits are:RF53XXXX

Is this a confirmed '24? If so, I will proceed with the order.
You have to accept the Tesla vision thing if you want the car. It's dumb but Tesla downgraded several features to use just the cameras.

Reactions: JoeCal
Wasn't summon part of FSD? I think it needed some of the sensors they eliminated for vision.

Well FSD is all inclusive but summon is part of of Enhanced AP and the quoted screenshot above already calls out Summon specifically and then goes on to state FSD, so we can surmise that the term FSD did not include Summon or any of the other features mentioned.

Reactions: dsm363 and aerodyne
Great. Thanks for confirming! Oddly enough, I was assigned a VIN an hour after I texted Tesla regarding any '24 SPlaid updates, lol.

No price change about the color. So for everyone who locked in in December when colors were $0, there should be peace of mind there. Note that I never placed my order on hold, in case that changes anything.
Where did you “text Tesla” to apparently trigger a VIN assignment for your order?

I'm.... jealous
Does Canada have any known delays?? It's only a matter of time man. You win best handle of this thread by far lol!
You have to accept the Tesla vision thing if you want the car. It's dumb but Tesla downgraded several features to use just the cameras.
Downgrading features in newer model year cars irks me. Is this really the case?

Where did you “text Tesla” to apparently trigger a VIN assignment for your order?
So, I've periodically texted a (510) number. They always end their texts with "-Tesla Delivery." Eventually, one of the reps who was operating the number at the time gave me his direct line for calls. About an hour before I was assigned a VIN, I sent a text to the Tesla delivery number, asking for any known '24 Plaid updates. I think the numbers vary by state and/or region, but you can try: 510-330-1671. I get the feeling that it was by pure coincidence that my VIN was assigned after shooting a text. Who knows.

Does Canada have any known delays?? It's only a matter of time man. You win best handle of this thread by far lol!

So, I've periodically texted a (510) number. They always end their texts with "-Tesla Delivery." Eventually, one of the reps who was operating the number at the time gave me his direct line for calls. About an hour before I was assigned a VIN, I sent a text to the Tesla delivery number, asking for any known '24 Plaid updates. I think the numbers vary by state and/or region, but you can try: 510-330-1671. I get the feeling that it was by pure coincidence that my VIN was assigned after shooting a text. Who knows.
Thanks for this. The whole supply situation for MSPs is a bit opaque…….

Haha not that I'm aware. Ive watched the canadian thread where people ordered after me but picked up their MSPs within the month...

Yup. Summon, smart summon, I think parking assistance is gone too because they pulled out ultrasound. It's been gone for over a year. Don't know if it will come back.
That's ridiculous. So basically the "Vision" is what we will be getting, losing parking sensors--something that older models have. I'm starting to feel that the price reduction wasn't just for "price competition" lol.

Reactions: iHateWaiting