Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the April mention was clearly a ploy to persuade an inventory sale. There's no correct date here as clearly nobody knows. I'm also not so sure it's a disagreement. For those that have been through any kind of audit by the federal government, there's little room for negotiation or someone to have a disagreement with. I'm sure it will move along soon though.

Immaculate delivery experience. Car is in perfect shape except for one small, tiny scratch on the hood where a rock probably hit it on the transport, and maybe a medium gap on the driver’s side trunk where it meets the roof pillar, but honestly compared to my last S this is a dream. Factory installed PPF on the rear fenders as well!

I’ll post some pictures later once i’ve gotten all the things installed in it. But really great delivery experience, dream to drive. Good luck and quick VIN assignments to everyone else waiting!
This paint ****s. So happy with Ultra Red. The shift in light/dark environments is awesome.
44D7FC2A-3094-45CF-980F-B2057FC306AF.jpeg
651D2608-9A72-4B6B-9DA7-6B1D5990F9F6.jpeg
70DBDFE0-2E42-4F78-BC05-86B2924E9363.jpeg
87039853-47A6-4C40-9D1A-C99482FAEDE4.jpeg
202C9043-2C73-4753-8926-C06674FB8563.jpeg

I don't think tesla is factory installing PPF for free. There are a few locations where you can pay a lot more than you should for PPF installation but there's no way this is happening at the factory.
They absolutely are, it’s a small section on the rear fenders where road kickup would likely hit the most. Not the full thing mind you, but nice to see on delivery.

Got this from the SC today. I take it this means if I take the inventory one it'll cost me more.
I do not understand this at all. Here we have an SA that actually knows something and responded with enough information to make a decision (or not). I asked my SA point blank about the EPA delay and some vague I dunno what you are talking about go away response. I hate the inconsistent messaging and customer response. Also, exactly what is the good that results from the longer wait time??

I don't think tesla is factory installing PPF for free. There are a few locations where you can pay a lot more than you should for PPF installation but there's no way this is happening at the factory.
The rear fenders have factory PPF. At least my 2023 Plaid did. My PPF guy seemed to be aware that it's a thing and noted that he'd remove that when doing the full body ppf

Here is the message I received from the SC today regarding my vehicle which arrived yesterday. They've gone ahead and scheduled my delivery for a specific time on Feb 28th (now visible in the app), but will let me know if they are able to deliver any earlier. Doesn't seem like the April date the Oregon store mentioned is something that's been communicated to all stores so hopefully just an ill advised worst case scenario wild guess.

If there is any possible way to avoid it, I can't imagine Tesla would allow this to become an actual stock impacting story -- which it will be if they don't deliver a single MSLR in Q1. Using back of the napkin math, if you assume that about half of the 23,000 S/X deliveries in Q4 are MS and that 80% of MS are MSLR that would calculate to nearly $800M of lost sales in Q1 which would be big enough to impact the quarter comp to prior year considering total automotive revenues were less than $20B in Q1 2023. Its real $$ they are going to have to explain in the earnings call.

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 11
Here is the message I received from the SC today regarding my vehicle which arrived yesterday. They've gone ahead and offered to schedule delivery starting Feb 28th, but will let me know if they are able to deliver any earlier. Doesn't seem like the April date the Oregon store mentioned is something that's been communicated to all stores so hopefully just an ill advised worst case scenario wild guess.

If there is any possible way to avoid it, I can't imagine Tesla would allow this to become an actual stock impacting story -- which it will be if they don't deliver a single MSLR in Q1. Using back of the napkin math, if you assume that about half of the 23,000 S/X deliveries in Q4 are MS and that 80% of MS are MSLR that would calculate to nearly $800M of lost sales in Q1 which would be big enough to impact the quarter comp to prior year considering total automotive revenues were less than $20B in Q1 2023. Its real $$ they are going to have to explain in the earnings call.
"slightly"🤔