Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is deep sleep, are there degrees of sleep? From Tessie app monitoring, it can be seen my 2022 MSLR wakes up every six hours for 20 minutes. The 2022 MSLR manual says to plan for 1% per day. However, my car gets vampire drainage just under 1% for two days.
View attachment 1020558
My car has been asleep in the garage all night and all day today. It usually drops 1% in about 4 days.

1708561133727.png

Reactions: aerodyne
I also use Teslafi since 2018, and it does not keep it awake as much as Tessie does.
About 6 months ago, it was either a firmware update or some kind of change to Teslafi, but I had to turn off logging on my P90DL because it was triggering the contactors every 2 minutes. That can't possibly be good for the car, so to be on the safe side, I shut it off. It's been flawless on the 2023 S.

• Informative
So I was thinking. The Plaid finished it's cert and got an "EPA Est 359" range while the LR didn't, so it just says "Est 405".
We know they're retesting the LR with some "Efficiency Package" to try and claw back of the range by the new EPA test procedure. Could it be that even though the Plaid has it's cert and can technically be sold that this efficiency package applies to the Plaid and could they be retesting the Plaid at the same time? i.e. is there a chance the MSP will claw back some of the 37 miles lost from the EPA testing cycle change?

Reactions: BBartoli
No issues with my old '15 85D using Teslafi, but drain was higher. Cost about $75/yr vs $25 on the refresh.

I seem to have lost fleet data recently which is a real bummer.

Trial going with TesLab, but no data yet.

Best bang for the buck has to be SMT. No logging though.

I used the scheduled deep sleep so it would stop polling but it meant teslafi missed part of a drive in the morning. The newer cars don't have any issues because the low voltage system is driven directly off the main battery without closing the contactors.

My car has been asleep in the garage all night and all day today. It usually drops 1% in about 4 days.

View attachment 1020572
I am wondering if TeslaFi is not showing all info. You can see the screen shot from Tessie shows more dara granularity, that of waking up for seversl minutes every six hours or so. That last activity was me walking by the car and waking it up.
1000027118.jpg

I posed the same question about data collection differences between TeslaFi and Tessie to the Tessie progrsmmer
Post in thread 'Official Tessie app talk' Vendor - Official Tessie app talk
Yeah, makes perfect sense. I'm not sure there's a need for that kind of frequency though. I think back in the day, there was a lot of weird stuff going on with Tesla's and that kind of verbose logging would help you troubleshoot some things. These days it's more about making sure your car is sleeping when it should and that it's capturing stuff when you're driving. I don't think I've ever had a situation where I needed more data. If I want to do actual datalogging or troubleshooting, I hook up SMT.

I just had the Nashville SC hold the delivery of my Plaid until 2/29, which was supposed to arrive Sunday. I think someone there misunderstand which trims of the Model S required a hold.
My MSLR is scheduled for delivery on 2/28 in Nashville. I was told the shipment w my vehicle arrived on Monday (2/19). You should ask them to call you and see if you can get your P earlier. They’ve been pretty responsive to me on the messenger in the app. Have called every time I’ve asked them to.

I reserved 7 days after it was announced, but I have not received any FSD transfer documents. How do I request those? I am not trading in my Model Y with FSD, so not sure where those documents would be completed.
A few days after ordering I received a text from my SA requesting that I sign the FSD transfer document that had been sent a few days before. I had not completed it because of the field that required a VIN number of the car to which the transfer was being applied, which has yet to be issued. When I expressed this deficiency, I was assured by another SA, who had received my email, higher up the line I presume, that all I needed to do was supply the reservation number (RN…) in that spot. I did so, returned the FSD document and received confirmation and thanks.

I should add that my wife and I had visited the showroom (Centinela) to check out the new Highland for her on my recommendation to take advantage of the FSD transfer from her 2018 Model 3. She ended up test driving all four models and decided on the Model S. Even though I’d had a Model S since 2018, and bought a new Model S in December (FUSC transferred) she had never driven one as she always thought it was too big for her. After test driving all models she felt extremely comfortable and safer in the Model S. We’ll be transferring FSD from the 2018 Model 3 we have and shall be keeping (no trade-in).

I suggest you call Tesla Sales as they can certainly help you through the process. (888) 518-3752.

Last edited: