Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the ones from Tesla’s website. I think just front wheels. The PPF person installed them. I’ll look later.

But they might be a little low. Anyone hear a scraping sound when they turn? I think left mud guard scrapes now and then.

I have had good luck with the Tesla flaps on the front only. The scraping noise is just the self trimming function, and gives early warning of speed bumps or rough pavement, or suspension set too low.

If you ignore the warning, the flaps are self ejecting as well. You learn after the first time.😁

Shockingly the EPA responded, but I don't think they understood my question. Maybe I'll get another response today.
1000009754.png

Here's a fun/not-so-fun delivery update. I ordered a 2024 Model S LR in white with white interior (my daughter's choice). Ordered in early January. Was supposed to arrive 2/18-25. I got a message in the app saying the dates shifted to 2/20-27 but an email shortly thereafter from my local showroom (Dedham, MA) saying the car was in and it's available to be picked up. I setup an appointment for tomorrow through email. I complete the payment in the app, emailed my insurance company to get the car listed, etc. An hour and a half later, I get a call from Tesla saying they cannot deliver me the car yet because there is some government paperwork that is still required and has not come through with my 2024 Model S. So, they released tomorrow's pickup appointment and now I wait a few weeks. In the grand scheme of things, this is no biggie... but I'm an excitedly anxious owner :) Anyone else having this issue?

Ordered wife's MSLR on 2/7, three days after the FSD/FUSC transfer was announced. Difficult to imagine that the transfer would not be honored if DD is after 3/31 as circmstances are beyond our control.

Haven't heard a peep from Tesla since the signed FSD transfer documents were returned.
I reserved 7 days after it was announced, but I have not received any FSD transfer documents. How do I request those? I am not trading in my Model Y with FSD, so not sure where those documents would be completed.

Here's a fun/not-so-fun delivery update. I ordered a 2024 Model S LR in white with white interior (my daughter's choice). Ordered in early January. Was supposed to arrive 2/18-25. I got a message in the app saying the dates shifted to 2/20-27 but an email shortly thereafter from my local showroom (Dedham, MA) saying the car was in and it's available to be picked up. I setup an appointment for tomorrow through email. I complete the payment in the app, emailed my insurance company to get the car listed, etc. An hour and a half later, I get a call from Tesla saying they cannot deliver me the car yet because there is some government paperwork that is still required and has not come through with my 2024 Model S. So, they released tomorrow's pickup appointment and now I wait a few weeks. In the grand scheme of things, this is no biggie... but I'm an excitedly anxious owner :) Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, everyone. The '24 model S long range is on hold until the EPA certifies it. None have been delivered. March 7 earliest, maybe April.

yes, it comes w/ homelink. shockingly, it also comes with SiriusXM if you're curious

It also comes with MyQ but I'd never pay the subscription link as the modern direct wireless protocols have discreet open/close commands with live progress/status on the response. i.e. my prius flashes the up or down arrow while the garage door is opening or closing then stops when the door stops.