Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not MS / delivery related but ... did anyone else see Elon's comments about Roadster last night? He mentioned goals drastically changed, and expecting end of year announcement and delivery next year. He also said it's a Tesla / SpaceX collab now.
Crazy I was just looking up videos of that car yesterday and was wondering why happened to it hahah saw his tweets this morning

Reactions: Gibby13
No fender guards. Yes on the rest. I really like the new yoke; much better than before. I don't understand why they didn't do the yoke like this to begin with.
Dumb question, but is the PPF only added to the Plaid vehicles? I may have missed it but which parts of the car were covered? I seem to recall dozens of pages ago something about it only being part of the back, but maybe I misunderstood.

Dumb question, but is the PPF only added to the Plaid vehicles? I may have missed it but which parts of the car were covered? I seem to recall dozens of pages ago something about it only being part of the back, but maybe I misunderstood.
From what I've seen I'm pretty sure it's both LR and Plaid, and I've only seen it on the front side of the back fenders, from the bottom to maybe halfway or so up? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm misremembering here.

Reactions: zoomer0056

From what I've seen I'm pretty sure it's both LR and Plaid, and I've only seen it on the front side of the back fenders, from the bottom to maybe halfway or so up? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm misremembering here.

Right - only place PPF is on the car from the factory is here, ahead of the rear wheels, on this bad picture of a '24 MSLR I demo drove recently. I was actually taking a picture of the wheel/tire, but the PPF is shown incidentally. FWIW, if you're worried about rock chips, this PPF does not extend high enough, as many have shown rock chips above it.

1709140649121.png

Last edited:
Right - only place PPF is on the car from the factory is here, ahead of the rear wheels, on this bad picture of a '24 MSLR I demo drove recently. I was actually taking a picture of the wheel/tire, but the PPF is shown incidentally. FWIW, if you're worried about rock chips, this PPF does not extend high enough, as many have shown rock chips above it.

View attachment 1022909
Oof, that looks terrible.

Reactions: dn325ci
To those who received their vehicles recently two questions. My MSP is set to mid height, sport, oem 19" summer tires and less than 300 miles.

Have you experienced the "startup vibration" yet and if so any details? I could be paranoid, as I adjust the tinfoil hat, for a few minutes or miles if the car is not been driven - cold the steering wheel passes what I would describe as a buzzing feeling to the driver up to low 40s mph.

Have you had to reboot your vehicle yet? I came into the garage and neither screen was normal. I only had the swipe up or down graphic (see photo). After a couple of minutes I chose to reboot. It seemed everything but music booted up in a couple minutes, but music took several minutes to complete.

Attachments

• 20240227_171315.jpg
    20240227_171315.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 15
MSLR Stealth/Black/21/Wheel ordered Jan 22, 2024. I spoke with a human inside a Tesla store in a SoCal mall just now. After I asked about it, they went on to their computer, poked around, and then told me the EPA hold has been lifted, and they are waiting for the Monroney stickers to be printed in Fremont and sent to them. Obviously there is no way for me to verify. Just sharing what I was told 15 minutes ago by someone wearing a Tesla jacket.