Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question off topic, and I have found some mentions of this, but what are thoughts on driving modes? is it ok to leave it in insane mode all the time? Does extended long-term use hurt the battery or motors in any way? Not suggesting i floor it all the time, but it does happen on occassion.
Asking for a friend (my right foot….)

• Funny
Reactions: nyucla
Question off topic, and I have found some mentions of this, but what are thoughts on driving modes? is it ok to leave it in insane mode all the time? Does extended long-term use hurt the battery or motors in any way? Not suggesting i floor it all the time, but it does happen on occassion.
You win the 5K games congrats 🏅

This has been discussed before and IIRC leaving it in insane mode is fine (won’t harm the car) but will reduce operational efficiency, as it keeps the battery at optimal temp to provide max acceleration on demand.

Reactions: tmar2323
No problem. Leave it on plaid all the time.

Reactions: tmar2323
That's track more or drag strip mode. I don't think the normal modes adjust battery temperature for performance.
It still uses more battery in plaid mode to optimize battery temp. 🍻

Attachments

• IMG_0567.jpeg
    IMG_0567.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 18
That's track more or drag strip mode. I don't think the normal modes adjust battery temperature for performance.

Someone claimed that Ludicrous keeps the battery slightly warmer vs Sport. I intend to test that theory. I don't think it's true.

OK. Seriously, for those of you that pressed Like or Informative, it was a joke :)