Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just so happened to be parked in good lighting.

Not sure if it helps, but compare it to my unmodified, notaplaid, '22.

Attachments

• IMG_20240313_111554654.jpg
    IMG_20240313_111554654.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 13
That red is striking. Looks great. Did you end up using the inspection list? I printed it and brought a clip board but I kinda feel like a dick bringing it. Not sure if I will use it or not.
I'm using it now. I'm not sure about accepting delivery. There are a lot of scratches in the clear coat and damage on the underside of the front of the car. I don't know if the next car will be any better, though.

That red is striking. Looks great. Did you end up using the inspection list? I printed it and brought a clip board but I kinda feel like a dick bringing it. Not sure if I will use it or not.
I plan on using it. I'm kinda' a dick anyway. Why hide it? ;) 🤣

Seriously, this is the most I've ever paid for a car. I don't expect it to be perfect and I *REALLY* want the car but I will reject for serious issues. Like the rear glass scraping and grinding in that video. <cringe>

Edit: Small, nearly unnoticeable paint defects or small panel mis-alignments I will likely accept.

I'm using it now. I'm not sure about accepting delivery. There are a lot of scratches in the clear coat and damage on the underside of the front of the car.
Unbelievable. There is no excuse for any damage under the car. Any delivery trucker should have been fired or replaced by now.
I don't know if the next car will be any better, though.
True. It could even be worse, and more expensive.

I'm going to live with this one for the remainder of the warranty, and the next one will be used of a different brand. I won't be fooled three times!

After a VIN is assigned, does the EDD window tend to hold? I'm looking at the last week in March and just now got work I will be out of town for work. If things are likely to slip a few days I would be fine with that.
Based on my recent experience last week, once the car arrived or was set to arrive at the store, I got an email asking to pick a day.

They gave me a ~5 day window to pick a time. They eventually let me push it out to about 7 day days. Worst case scenario is you ask them to put your order on hold until your back. The hold is 2 weeks, but you can come off that hold before 2 weeks. If the car is still on their lot when you come off hold, I assume you'd be matched up to the same car, otherwise next available vin matching your order?

If you've ever bought a newly built house, you'll be familiar with the "blue tape" process. Where the buyer sticks a piece of blue tape on every defect that needs to be fixed.
I'm thinking I'll bring a roll of blue tape with me when picking up my MSLR...
I saw a MX last year in the Van Nuys SvC.

It was covered in little pieces of green tape.

On every one, was written, "Within Spec"

Don't expect too much from Service.

If you've ever bought a newly built house, you'll be familiar with the "blue tape" process. Where the buyer sticks a piece of blue tape on every defect that needs to be fixed.
I'm thinking I'll bring a roll of blue tape with me when picking up my MSLR...
The problem is they can't fix most of them. They can't fix paint. Interior pieces maybe can be replaced.

Reactions: Chip Geek
Don't expect too much from Service.
Oh I don't. I'm planning on looking for EVERYTHING we can find then going back and removing the tape for the thing(s) we are willing to accept. What's left will be reason for reject. Hopefully we'll have no tape on the car at the end.

Edit: My son-in-law will be going with me and is VERY nit-picky about cars. He hand washes (and caresses) his "baby" (Shelby Cobra Mustang) at least once a week.

Reactions: ragweedd