Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was it an EQS or EQE? I am strongly considering going back to M-B after trying to deal with Tesla sales.
It was the EQE and I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the car. I own a model 3 which I love, was set on moving up to the S, but while I wait I have been Turo'ing all the electric cars...Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Kia...Mercedes is my favorite so far, the BMW and Audi are garbage and the Kia was a surprise. I need to check out the EQS as that is the one I'd probably get if Tesla doesn't do ambient lighting next quarter.

Got my Plaid delivered today. Quality is noticeably better than my 2022 Plaid, taillight misalignment still there, no significant gaps, paint chips etc, overall car looks fantastic. PPF right off the lot and will be doing wheel alignment after, so wont be able to enjoy it for another week. Hopefully Tesla can keep up the good build and making them better. Also, no front cam and ambient as expected, but i have a feeling they are going to announce them soon, regardless, hard to give up a great quality build and take another chance later.

So is the left side of the liftgate too high light the right side is? How are the gaps on both sides where the liftgate meets the roof?

Have you checked out the lights in the model 3? It comes down to personal preference. However, Tesla's ambient lighting is going to be a joke compared to MB. I personally prefer ambient lighting to be hidden under some sort of trim. Tesla is likely going to slap a light strip in the car and call it a day for about 10 years.
Not in person, just seen some pics and videos and it looked cool to me. I'll go check it out though.

The most plausible response I heard today is that the cream interior is not ordered very often and they are focused on producing Cybertruck and other models. Question is: Do I wait to get what I want, (which may be months away), or bite the bullet and order a more common config.
Depends on your tastes I guess. Personally I can’t stand cream and would be willing to pay a 10k premium to avoid that. If you feel as strongly about non cream interiors, then probably would be better to wait.

I bought my Plaid preowned from a Benz dealer, so I also drove an EQS while deciding. All I can say is the dealer was complete trash - might have been the worst, sleaziest dealer experience I’ve ever had. I also disliked the EQS immensely - the interior had zero cohesiveness and the overall packaging was not very luxurious or spacious, and it is so far behind Tesla on the important stuff for an EV. But yeah, the light show was nice, but I can’t imagine choosing it just for the lights.

Tesla might have some issues but the traditional dealership model, even for high end makes, is beyond terrible. The sales people know nothing about their own products, much less anything else.

Picked up our MSLR today. Couldn’t complain about anything at pickup. Looked great except for that front license plate holder that I dont need in AZ - they tell me it voids the warranty if you remove it. Not sure how true that is!
IMG_7080.jpeg
IMG_7081.jpeg

Picked up our MSLR today. Couldn’t complain about anything at pickup. Looked great except for that front license plate holder that I dont need in AZ - they tell me it voids the warranty if you remove it. Not sure how true that is!

I picked my MSLR up on 3/10 from the Glendale Tesla in AZ and my delivery advisor even told me some of the best methods to remove the front plate holder. He didn't mention anything about voiding a warranty.

IMG_0415.jpeg

Got a call today asking if I would be willing to take delivery of an inventory car that was the same as what I ordered, except exterior color. They even said they would comp me the price of the wheels, which the lady then explained means they would give them to me for no cost, which she then said meant they would be free. 😆

Midway through the call, she realized that I in fact did have a VIN assigned and have a delivery appointment tomorrow and had called me accidentally.

I didn't take them up on the offer, but might be some free wheels/upgrades out there for someone who asks.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I’m joining the 250 club and giving up transferring fsd all for the ambient lighting. I drove the Mercedes with ambient lighting and it was my favorite feature. 🤷‍♂️

So confused by the infatuation to drive around in a Tron glow out house? I kind of understood the short lived fad of underglow (under car) lighting being different but in the cabin?? Just doesn’t seem impressive to me.

IMG_0637.jpeg

Reactions: RyanC1384