Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I was taking delivery now, I am not sure I would go thru with an EV. If Tesla is struggling and now slowing or stopping the Supercharging network now, as other mfg’s adapted it, that does not bode well for EV industry. I just don’t get it. Elon really lost site of Tesla and the X purchase I think derailed everything.

I thought I would never go back to ICE, but may now. Can’t imagine all the outlying people that questioned EV’s will ever get an EV now. Resale prices will continue to decline. This is not good.

Reactions: teko
They’ve lost more execs in the last month than the entirety of their existence and have eliminated their supercharging and new products teams. That is not comparable to what’s going on with the rest of the industry.
That may not be, but the reason for it is comparable.
They’re not selling as many cars, not making as much money, so they’re laying off employees. I’m a pessimist through and through and even I don’t consider this “chaos”

Chaos to me would be if Tesla started closing service centers and superchargers

Last edited:
If I was taking delivery now, I am not sure I would go thru with an EV. If Tesla is struggling and now slowing or stopping the Supercharging network now, as other mfg’s adapted it, that does not bode well for EV industry. I just don’t get it. Elon really lost site of Tesla and the X purchase I think derailed everything.

I thought I would never go back to ICE, but may now. Can’t imagine all the outlying people that questioned EV’s will ever get an EV now. Resale prices will continue to decline. This is not good.
I think for a commuter car EVs are still fantastic, especially if you have a long commute. But I do agree that EVs replacing ICEs altogether seem to have hit a major setback in recent times.

Reactions: DBV1
I guess everyone assumes the entire charging network stays static while the number of users from other makes goes way up. I see it as forcing all the other OEMs to step up and contribute to building out the network and not just banking on their buyers using the existing SC network. Tesla has such a massive advantage it will take quite a while for their network to lose its luster.

Curious as to whether any of you will change your order/plans to order based on the recent Tesla chaos?
I was planning to trade in my 2015 s with free supercharging at the next option to transfer the charging, for a LR S. If they'd added USS, stalks back, drive selector I would have done it already. I had this fantasy they'd add back all the easy and cheap stuff that doesn't take AI.

I guess everyone assumes the entire charging network stays static while the number of users from other makes goes way up. I see it as forcing all the other OEMs to step up and contribute to building out the network and not just banking on their buyers using the existing SC network. Tesla has such a massive advantage it will take quite a while for their network to lose its luster.
That doesn't make any sense to me - the reason is that all the other charging companies that spent billions of dollars already had that motivation, but mostly what they have is a continuing trash fire of broken chargers, very slow chargers, incorrect status, doesn't work randomly with a certain car model or a certain os update. They don't maintain them already, they don't operate the service correctly. They had every incentive already on their billion dollars invested in charging and they failed. Who is going to fix the chargers now, who will add them in good locations, or plan ahead a year ahead to install or increase capacity?

• Disagree
Reactions: Spdrcrj and DBV1
The OEM carmakers will have to step up - Rivian and MB have started, but Ford isn’t going to get a free pass. EA sucks because it was a legal settlement with VW and they basically had no EVs then anyway. How will anyone sell any new EVs if everyone has to rely on Tesla to do all the heavy lifting? If that’s the case, look out for the massive marketing coming our way for PHEVs.

The OEM carmakers will have to step up - Rivian and MB have started, but Ford isn’t going to get a free pass. EA sucks because it was a legal settlement with VW and they basically had no EVs then anyway. How will anyone sell any new EVs if everyone has to rely on Tesla to do all the heavy lifting? If that’s the case, look out for the massive marketing coming our way for PHEVs.
I think the phev marketing already started. I just dont want tesla to lose superchargers, that's the key thing for the entire industry.

OT ...I like my fob. It may be the only thing that they will never add to the M3 and MY.

I rarely SuC, with the range of the refresh MS, maybe 7% total.

Even if Tesla does not maintain the chargers, (Which would be stupid because they make money off them) the Tesla App is superior to all the others as far as station status, and trip planning.

As far as my next delivery, it will be a while. However down the street a neighbor just got an MB AMG EQS which has me thinking. Imagine owning a car and never having to worry about the company and who runs it.

Same here - it’s the main reason I bought my Plaid instead of the Lucid Air GT I had on order. Honestly the Lucid is a much nicer, better built, more luxurious car, but the charging network sucks with EA. I am super happy with my Plaid but could easily see myself going to Lucid next if they continue to develop and don’t go out of biz. Trying to talk my wife into considering the Gravity when it comes out.

Reactions: DBV1 and Chip Geek
Not a lot of delivery talk right now.

I have mine scheduled for Sat morning. Will report back after I have the car in my driveway.
Suddenly, a delivery appointment next Tuesday. Process is like waving candy in front of a baby.
If it’s not perfect, it gets cancelled; I have to leave Florida a few days later. If it is good, I’ll have a car in Florida I won’t be driving for 6 months!
I did that once...Bought a car, drove it home and then immediately left for a few weeks. It was surreal, but the only way to get the deal done at the time.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I don't agree with Tesla effectively shuttering the charging and product teams for the moment, but acting like the entire network is suddenly up in flames is a bit much - the SC network is still the only usable highway charging infrastructure in America, and it's basically done, at least in the sense of letting you get from one state to any other without issue. Living in a charging dark zone like Wyoming, I've never had an issue with being able to get anywhere in the state/out of the state/camping due entirely to how good the network is, even here. Tesla chargers in particular are in an excellent place at the moment, and I think that them sitting back for a bit while expanding/updating existing locations is actually a great idea. Wyoming specifically has a bunch of 150kw chargers/4 stall chargers that could use an update while they're at it, lol

Last edited: