Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interestingly, this has now been the longest time between Model S revisions

It has been almost 16 months since the last revision (SOP16)
I wonder whether they will make some easy revisions to stimulate sales - they could do basic simple body changes, bring back things people wanted. I'm not whining for stalks again (but I'd take them). Some minor body changes like regular car makers do to "update the look"? Bring back am radio? Update hardware versions, add stupid center front camera. I tend to go for cheap & easy extensions, Tesla wants to go for expensive track mode things I'd never buy. Add towing in the US? Add a regular 120v outlet. add 240v outlet.

Harder things, can charge for them: port v2g from CT to the S. Officially use car as another home power storage device.

I feel like I’m the only one not getting a delivery date. I don’t even have a vin. I wonder if Tesla is playing some **** **** games because I have a trade and they are giving me back $8200. Wonder if they figure, if they wait longer, they’ll give me less on the trade. Wouldn’t put it past them.

I feel like I’m the only one not getting a delivery date. I don’t even have a vin. I wonder if Tesla is playing some **** **** games because I have a trade and they are giving me back $8200. Wonder if they figure, if they wait longer, they’ll give me less on the trade. Wouldn’t put it past them.
You and me both. I switched to cash payment awhile ago, and will probably just forego trading in, as I can do better locally even figuring in the trade-in tax credit.

Reactions: zoomer0056
It’s definitely not just you. I am paying cash with no trade and am sitting in the same boat.

Reactions: Spdrcrj
I wonder whether they will make some easy revisions to stimulate sales - they could do basic simple body changes, bring back things people wanted. I'm not whining for stalks again (but I'd take them). Some minor body changes like regular car makers do to "update the look"? Bring back am radio? Update hardware versions, add stupid center front camera. I tend to go for cheap & easy extensions, Tesla wants to go for expensive track mode things I'd never buy. Add towing in the US? Add a regular 120v outlet. add 240v outlet.

Harder things, can charge for them: port v2g from CT to the S. Officially use car as another home power storage device.

Towing is an interesting one. The parts catalog has a tow hitch for NA listed, and the service manual has retrofit instructions and includes instructions specifically for NA.
I wonder if you can request to get a hitch installed form the service center.