Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone confirmed that new VINs are actually being delivered without the dedicated GPU (and thus no Steam)?
I have not seen a new VIN shared in a very long time, and the only ones I did see associated with the “no steam” notification were for the Model X. I grow more and more convinced a minor refresh is in process.

I have not seen a new VIN shared in a very long time, and the only ones I did see associated with the “no steam” notification were for the Model X. I grow more and more convinced a minor refresh is in process.
I saw a new '24 today in my work garage with white sport/Plaid seats. Have we already had people reporting taking deliveries of Plaids with the new seats?

Reactions: Trunk Gap
My Silver/White MSP ticked over from “May-June” to “May 30-Jun 15”

Now having lived through this with the OG Plaid the first time around, tracking delivery dates can be misleading, it usually means nothing. Good to have a window but that window goes all over the place. When it’s down to a day or two it’s usually pretty close. Although those one-day-at-a-time movements can be painful.

Hope there are more refresh goodies but if not I’m good with it. Looking fwd to a new toy. Even as is, it’s the best car on the road IMO.

Unless the X gets sport seats than I’m switching to the X 😎

With electric auto films, I would add that my initial circumstance aside, based on the final product and the price - I would say they did a good job at the end. They did say my issue was unique. $3500 for full body ppf was unheard of just a couple of years ago.

With electric auto films, I would add that my initial circumstance aside, based on the final product and the price - I would say they did a good job at the end. They did say my issue was unique. $3500 for full body ppf was unheard of just a couple of years ago.

You got full body ppf for $3500? Wow. It’s double here in Dallas

You got full body ppf for $3500? Wow. It’s double here in Dallas
Electric Auto Films had a promo and offer $3500 for full PPF. I'm still waiting for my delivery but put down a refundable deposit to secure the PPF price. My EDD just moved till end of month now. Good thing I have a beater car for work or else I would have switched to white interior. Looks like the Plaid with cream interior has a long wait.
Ordered 12/30/23 MSP with cream interior.
EDD updated: Jun 8- Jun 29

Reactions: zoomer0056
One other reason I’m hopeful that changes are afoot with the S is that the Taycan is now only ~1mo away from shipping the updated 2025 model. That might be why they pushed the Plaid seats out and hopefully more systemic changes are planned to support the inevitable side-by-side comparisons. All the 2025 Taycan reviews to date have been press cars - where I’m sure Porsche won’t allow Tesla in the same video (they want people to think this is apples vs. oranges...which it sort of is). Porsche realizes that a fantastic Taycan halo car will sell a ton of electric Macans. I'm not always sure that Tesla realizes the same thing.... Anyways, just wanted to share my musing. I've had my finger hovering over the purchase button for a long time now.

FWIW - the only 2 MSP configs that come up with *zero* results when you search nationwide inventory:
- anything lunar silver
- anything cream interior

Lunar silver we know is new, obvious reason as to why there’s none available.
Cream interior on the other hand makes no sense - this tells me either there’s a supply chain issue, or cream is about to be phased out.

Which - if I’m wearing my rose colored glasses - also could indicate further changes coming. Given the many months of abnormal wait times for cream, I have to think if these changes are coming they get announced June/July. And hopefully before I take delivery of course 😎

FWIW - the only 2 MSP configs that come up with *zero* results when you search nationwide inventory:
- anything lunar silver

Cream interior on the other hand makes no sense - this tells me either there’s a supply chain issue, or cream is about to be phased out.

Which - if I’m wearing my rose colored glasses - also could indicate further changes coming. Given the many months of abnormal wait times for cream, I have to think if these changes are coming they get announced June/July. And hopefully before I take delivery of course 😎
Or…. That very few ever order the cream interior.

Reactions: Seattle
- anything lunar silver

You might be right on phasing out cream interior. Can you do the same search nationwide inventory for MXP with cream interior?

- anything lunar silver

There’s 7 cream Model S’ showing available within drivable distance of Dallas, TX

There’s 7 cream Model S’ showing available within drivable distance of Dallas, TX

Your search parameters might be off - you see 7 MSP’s with cream sport seats?

I see 2 MSP’s available in TX - both demos - neither have sport seats.
In fact we have exactly *zero* confirmed cream sport seat deliveries or sightings beyond the pictures in configurator is that correct?

If so, then that’s certainly indicative of something, and given S/X delivery #’s I don’t think it’s unquenchable thirst for cream interiors, more likely the opposite honestly given how more prevalent white and black is. I like the cream and hope it remains but I can see Tesla simplifying to 2 colors.

Reactions: Propofoln