Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O
Your search parameters might be off - you see 7 MSP’s with cream sport seats?

I see 2 MSP’s available in TX - both demos - neither have sport seats.
In fact we have exactly *zero* confirmed cream sport seat deliveries or sightings beyond the pictures in configurator is that correct?

If so, then that’s certainly indicative of something, and given S/X delivery #’s I don’t think it’s unquenchable thirst for cream interiors, more likely the opposite honestly given how more prevalent white and black is. I like the cream and hope it remains but I can see Tesla simplifying to 2 colors.

I was not limiting my search to Plaids.

Was just playing around with the Model S ordering page. Interestingly enough, it's showing just "June" for any combination of configurations, with one exception. Choosing Plaid with cream seats moves the order out to July. Long range with cream still showing June.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 10.28.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 10.25.19 AM.png

Was just playing around with the Model S ordering page. Interestingly enough, it's showing just "June" for any combination of configurations, with one exception. Choosing Plaid with cream seats moves the order out to July. Long range with cream still showing June.

View attachment 1052594

View attachment 1052592

My EDD has gone from May/June to May 30-June 15 to now adjusting one day at a time, 6/1-6/17.
This is all very reminiscent of the initial plaid launch when changes were afoot.

The one day moves, the arbitrary month delivery date, the 2 week windows that move one day at time, etc.
This is increasingly looking like at the very least cream interior for MSP could be getting the axe, perhaps amidst other tweaks. Which again to me makes sense, as I have to imagine 80%++ of MSPs are white or black interior.

If you’re an MSP cream rez holder, I wouldn’t count it out but I’d start thinking about what other configs you may want to sub for.

My EDD has gone from May/June to May 30-June 15 to now adjusting one day at a time, 6/1-6/17.
This is all very reminiscent of the initial plaid launch when changes were afoot.

The one day moves, the arbitrary month delivery date, the 2 week windows that move one day at time, etc.
This is increasingly looking like at the very least cream interior for MSP could be getting the axe, perhaps amidst other tweaks. Which again to me makes sense, as I have to imagine 80%++ of MSPs are white or black interior.

If you’re an MSP cream rez holder, I wouldn’t count it out but I’d start thinking about what other configs you may want to sub for.
You are certainly making a lot of assumptions. The time and update process has been this way for a Long time. I wouldn’t expect or assume any product changes.

Reactions: empiredown
Of course I’m making assumptions.
This is all 100% speculation, in case you haven’t been following the thread?
We’ve already gotten sport seats and a new s/x exclusive color in the last 30 days - you act as if nothing seems to be changing.

That is the beauty of speculation after all - we’ll find out!

Either way I’m happy with the addition of the seats and the new color, and anything else that comes beyond that is fun to speculate about and just another bonus, really.

Of course I’m making assumptions.
This is all 100% speculation, in case you haven’t been following the thread?
We’ve already gotten sport seats and a new s/x exclusive color in the last 30 days - you act as if nothing seems to be changing.

That is the beauty of speculation after all - we’ll find out!

Either way I’m happy with the addition of the seats and the new color, and anything else that comes beyond that is fun to speculate about and just another bonus, really.
Agree! The speculation is half the fun and part of the journey.

That’s what I have and I love it. Very classy looking.

However, with the silver color, I’d go with the black interior.
I think a cream center does not go well with the S, much less the S plaid. Black, or white. Why? Because it's a technological digital car. With a lot of sporty flair. White is very tech , black will always defend itself, and cream fits more with a cadillac than a tesla

I think a cream center does not go well with the S, much less the S plaid. Black, or white. Why? Because it's a technological digital car. With a lot of sporty flair. White is very tech , black will always defend itself, and cream fits more with a cadillac than a tesla

It's one of the things that allows it to compete as a luxury car, along with the wood trim. I just ordered an ultra-red with cream and walnut.

As you said, it's more of a classic luxury look akin to Cadillac. My M3P is black with carbon fiber (I had swapped my dash for a real CF dash), and I'm just played out of all of that and am looking for something different.

While tech is cool, so is mixing in classic. Some will tell you carbon fiber is played out due to the 2000s Japanese car craze.

Options are wonderful, and different tastes at different times are the spice of life. I won't share my opinion on white interiors, but Miami Vice comes to mind when I see it, and it's not a good look. 🤣

I suspect after this car, I'll go back to black interiors like I have had the rest of my life, but this model S will be different.

Pic of old meets new in my home:
IMG_1248.jpeg

It's one of the things that allows it to compete as a luxury car, along with the wood trim. I just ordered an ultra-red with cream and walnut.

As you said, it's more of a classic luxury look akin to Cadillac. My M3P is black with carbon fiber (I had swapped my dash for a real CF dash), and I'm just played out of all of that and am looking for something different.

While tech is cool, so is mixing in classic. Some will tell you carbon fiber is played out due to the 2000s Japanese car craze.

Options are wonderful, and different tastes at different times are the spice of life. I won't share my opinion on white interiors, but Miami Vice comes to mind when I see it, and it's not a good look. 🤣

I suspect after this car, I'll go back to black interiors like I have had the rest of my life, but this model S will be different.

View attachment 1052805

Nice! Do you like that Dyson fan?

I’m usually not a fan of black interiors but my gray 911 and now my white Tesla have them and it’s fine. I always picture rich tans and browns for luxury cars and black for sporty cars, depending on the exterior color. I also like to look at pics of white or platinum cars with red interiors but don’t think I could live with it every day unless it was deviated with black in the cabin too. I think black exterior/cream interior would look sharp on the S - I haven’t seen an UR in person yet.

Reactions: TBrownTX

I’m usually not a fan of black interiors but my gray 911 and now my white Tesla have them and it’s fine. I always picture rich tans and browns for luxury cars and black for sporty cars, depending on the exterior color. I also like to look at pics of white or platinum cars with red interiors but don’t think I could live with it every day unless it was deviated with black in the cabin too. I think black exterior/cream interior would look sharp on the S - I haven’t seen an UR in person yet.

Yes Black with cream interior would look great and that was my second choice, right up until they released Lunar Silver! But with Lunar Silver, I'd have to go black interior.

Reactions: AMPd
The Dyson fan is awesome and also serves as a space heater. This room was an addition to our home and it doesn't get good circulation like the rest of the house. On really cold days the Dyson keeps it nice and toasty back there. In the summer it also does the trick when it's warm. Plus cost a lot less than adding ad additional AC unit!

View attachment 1052805
Cable management is *chef kiss*

I just got the same message.
Congrats!

Also with my message was a request to update my order to reflect the below. Did you get the same, is this the norm? I was aware of the change obv but didn’t expect to require confirmation of it. Strange, Tesla seems to have been sending this message for a year, why not just update the order to reflect it automatically with each order by now vs asking for manual confirmation of change?

Tesla Vision​

Your Model S will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving (Supervised) capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving (Supervised) capability (if applicable). In the future, your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates.

I just got the same message.
Congrats!

Also with my message was a request to update my order to reflect the below. Did you get the same, is this the norm? I was aware of the change obv but didn’t expect to require confirmation of it. Strange, Tesla seems to have been sending this message for a year, why not just update the order to reflect it automatically with each order by now vs asking for manual confirmation of change?

Tesla Vision​

Your Model S will not include ultrasonic sensors and instead will fully rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving (Supervised) capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. During this transition, some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Summon, Smart Summon, and Full Self-Driving (Supervised) capability (if applicable). In the future, your vehicle will receive access to these features via over-the-air software updates.

Yes I got the same, and this has been the norm since the removal of USS (ultra sonic sensors) way back when. Interesting no update about the gaming computer, as was the case with recent Model X orders.

Reactions: Trunk Gap