Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they lost my MS, I order and confirmed 2/24/15 vin 80254 its still in queue. do they want you to pay for it first?

3/2/15, 81327 here. Just heard back from my ownership adviser that planned end of line for my car is in 4 days and it's too late to make changes to the config without losing my deposit (and place in line). I know they don't build them in sequential order, but given you confirmed a week before me, I'd expect yours to be in production already.

I think they lost my MS, I order and confirmed 2/24/15 vin 80254 its still in queue. do they want you to pay for it first?

Have faith. I confirmed on 2/25/15 and finally went into production today 4/14. Tracking spreadsheet shows 2 other S85 orders also went into production today. Only common factor beyond being 85D is that all have air suspension. Yours should start "soon."

Especially for all the European second class customers who are being told "your cars are being built early in the quarter, when they don't do American ones." (And we've seen enought non "P" also, going into production this April already.)

Why do you keep doing this? North Americans become "second class customers" (per your definition) for 2 out of 3 months in a quarter. No matter how fast Tesla decides to make your car you're still going to have to wait longer for shipping. There's nothing that can be done about that until Tesla has a factory in Europe. Posting bitter comments every few weeks after someone in North America receives their car isn't getting you anywhere.

Why do you keep doing this? North Americans become "second class customers" (per your definition) for 2 out of 3 months in a quarter. No matter how fast Tesla decides to make your car you're still going to have to wait longer for shipping. There's nothing that can be done about that until Tesla has a factory in Europe. Posting bitter comments every few weeks after someone in North America receives their car isn't getting you anywhere.

Maybe not, no. I stated about 23445245 times that I am happy for every Tesla customer to get his car, no matter where he lives. Of course delivery takes longer to Europe, no problem with that.

In a thread about production/delivery, I think it is a completely valid piece of information to post about production status of our cars. They are catching up, with the first ones ordered in December entering into production. That's something people might, or might not, be interested in.

My comments with a grain of salt about the production, logistics and communication organization of Tesla can be read with a winking smiley, but there's always the same true part: Being European, just don't look too much how deliveries in the U.S. go. And I am still convinced Tesla should fix that communication, the earlier, the better. We are still getting quoted delivery dates that are nothing but unrealistic. Believe it or not.

Your definition of U.S. customers getting second class in 2 out of 3 months is, by the way, repeatedly proved wrong within this thread. We actually are within the 2 months, and they find time to build U.S. targeted cars as well. That is, per se, a very good thing, as it means working at capacity, delivering, maybe increased capacity - wonderful.

Ok, if you do not like sarcasm, I will stop it. OF COURSE I have a bit of a reason to act as I do. I'm paying about USD 8-9'000 for nothing in exchange.

I finally pulled the trigger and my order went to Order Confirmed this morning. I let the 1 week ride to see if any changes to lift gate gate would occur, and then ended up adding the premium package mainly for the fog and cornering lights.

From ordering to confirmed the delivery estimate slipped from Late May to June.

Model S 85D Vin: 84899

Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Matte Obeche Wood Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Autopilot Convenience Features
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior and Lighting
Subzero Weather Package

Refreshing MyTesla several times an hour and I'm sure that will not get better any time soon!

That gives me hope, I'm 900ish behind you. 828XX. Probably another week or so before my S 85 goes into production..

Just going to repeat my effort of sounding like a broken record... You really can't draw any conclusions on production sequencing from the VINs. They don't produce the cars in order. They are a very rough gauge of the order Tesla may have had in mind to produce them in, but the order almost always changes by the time it comes around. Generally VIN assignment happens 6 weeks before production.

Just going to repeat my effort of sounding like a broken record... You really can't draw any conclusions on production sequencing from the VINs. They don't produce the cars in order. They are a very rough gauge of the order Tesla may have had in mind to produce them in, but the order almost always changes by the time it comes around. Generally VIN assignment happens 6 weeks before production.

Awww come on, let me have my delusions :smile: Seriously though I was told I'd be going into production the end of April so another week or so sounds right. I'm down to only checking 5x a day, that's a huge improvement from when I ordered a month ago.

My "In Production" time seems to be taking longer than usual, at least when compared to other production times I've seen around the forum. It went into production on April 11th, and today (9 days later) it's still there. I guess I got too excited by seeing all the 2-3 production times and was expecting an early delivery - ah well! :smile: