Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Insurance in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We should add insurance quotes to the order tracking spreadsheet.

Now that's a good idea!

I have just paid AAMI an additional $500 to transfer my October date RX8 insurance. This will equate to around $1700-$1800 a year for a P85+ fully loaded.

I have full no claim etc for life. New for old for two years, windscreen etc. Excess $1,900 which is higher than quoted so may ring them back.

I tried to add a 20 year old and a 24 year old to the nominated drivers but decided against this when the additional blew out to $4,500. They can still drive it (if I am that stupid) the excess just increases by another $1,400.

Cheers
Higgy

Maybe of interest to Victorian owners. Have had house, contents & car with AAMI for years, so, guess it may have impacted on my quote for a Sig S85; new for old 2 years, all glass covered (inc. pano), excess $1400, with hire car $947 pa, without $866. Happy with that !

Signature 85kWH model (not P) plus Pano roof and Sub zero:

AAMI wouldn't insure the car for anything more than 127k, when the car costs 164k on the road, so bye bye AAMI.

NRMA came through in the end $1441.77 pa with $1,000 excess. Based on new for old replacement for 2yrs then market value. Quite surprised as NRMA had always been much more expensive than others for past vehicles. I must be getting old enough for them to cover me (turning 40 next year).......!

I've just got a quote from YOUI

$1,332,86

P85, Business Rego, $2500 excess. New for old for 2 years and all work at my choice or repairer using genuine parts.

The price is great BUT it only covers listed drivers. If I want to give someone a test drive then I can go ring up or go online and add them, but it seems a bit of a pain. However, it is $1000 less than others I have been quoted one. NRMA about $2400.

I've just got a quote from YOUI

$1,332,86

P85, Business Rego, $2500 excess. New for old for 2 years and all work at my choice or repairer using genuine parts.

The price is great BUT it only covers listed drivers. If I want to give someone a test drive then I can go ring up or go online and add them, but it seems a bit of a pain. However, it is $1000 less than others I have been quoted one. NRMA about $2400.
I went with them. Your excess is steep. Mine was 1000. Maybe because single driver and private rego. Also S85 not P.