Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Launch Event 6/22/2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have done it very differently.

1. Anyone having their car delivered would have to be present to be in the top 10.

2. They would consent to be named and would be proud to be named. And say 1/10th of the governor.

3. There should have been some better camera angles or something.

Overall, when you compare it to a certain computer company, a huge let down in terms of marketing.

Well, I can go to my party an hour earlier than expected. But still a years wait for a car.

So was it good (is it still going on)? I forgot but the video doesn't load, so I can't tell whether it's going on still or what. I can watch their normal videos but have never successfully seen their streaming stuff...not sure if it's just overloaded again or what. Ah well.

It was fun to watch the live feed, BUT . . . Why didn't Elon deliver the "tens" of Model S cars that were indicated in the quarterly report to investors? The roll out of the Model S seems like a slow strip tease. It has been a series of 'events' designed to elicit interest, but the events continue to have a gross lack of evaluative comment from neutral/objective observers. While Elon had talked about "tens" of the Model S being delivered to customers in June, they delivered just a few Model S's to FOUNDERS today. Tesla didn't deliver to customers who would be objective about their cars, Tesla delivered to TELSA INSIDERS/FOUNDERS. Good grief . . , this is a bad tease with little or no ability to objectively evaluate the merits of the car. I've been on the reservation list for 2 1/2 years, I own Tesla stock, and have good reason to be frustrated that TM seems unwilling to allow an objective assessment of the merits of the car.

Were there 10 cars delivered? Three went off to personal delivery. I didn't count 8 more? Very possible I missed something. How many were there total?
5 delivered, 3 to be shipped, plus Jurvetson's and Elon's cars make 10. I know everyone's chomping at the bit but although they moved up deliveries by a month it doesn't mean your car will be a month early - they're likely just going to ramp up more slowly. They have to get this right. No one will remember if deliveries are a few weeks (or even months) late. But if there are quality problems there will be hell to pay. Just ask Fisker. If the cars worked well no one would have cared that they were late.

The first three cars underwent "Personal Delivery" and were driven off by Tesla execs. Five more cars followed, with owners present and receiving their keys from Elon resp. GeorgeB. The live stream closed with these five leaving the factory towards public road. The end. :wink:

1. Anyone having their car delivered would have to be present to be in the top 10.

2. They would consent to be named and would be proud to be named. And say 1/10th of the governor.

3. There should have been some better camera angles or something.

Overall, when you compare it to a certain computer company, a huge let down in terms of marketing.

Well, I can go to my party an hour earlier than expected. But still a years wait for a car.

Harsh. I thought it was a fantastic webcast.

Like many others, I thought about what they've accomplished in the last four years and teared up. Truly a day to be proud.

Gigaom has pics from the event. Photos: Tesla Model S customers drive off Cleantech News and Analysis

dsc01769.jpg

So you would tell some of the first people to put 40k down on little more than a promise that they couldn't get their car unless the came out to California?
Remind me to never put you in charge of keeping customers happy;)