Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before & After...'22 MS LR

H81Ouv.jpeg

H81I6K.jpeg

Yep! I'm looking at the Vossen HF4T TESLA MODEL 3 - HYBRID FORGED SERIES HF-4T - Vossen Wheels

I've also got the TSportline CF rear diffuser on order. After those two things, I think I'll be done
Be careful with Vossens. I have the the HF3 and they bend EASILY. You hit a few potholes and suddenly your smooth ride is a permanent bumpy one. If I were you I would buy 100% forged wheels. “Hybrid forged” doesn’t mean much.

It's been awhile as I've added some new mods. This definitely hits different and not your typical S as I'm not done...
It’s by far the best kit for the Model S, the only one that’s better is UP’s S-Apex kit. Which is so expensive it’s comical. What I wanted to do was use the PD front bumper with the S-Apex kit since the PD front bumper is way better than the Oem Tesla facelift (or PlaidS) Bumper. If the PD front bumper was added to the S-Apex kit it would be the best looking Tesla by far. I’ve actually had a few S’s with the PD full kit.

If you’re interested in buying the rear bumper and side skirts from this kit lmk. I have a brand new rear bumper, brand new side skirts, as well as the widebody flares/arches I can sell. Just message me.

If the flares/arches are molded into the car it looks a 100X better as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
    770.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    856.7 KB · Views: 86
Thanks bro! I sourced the bumper off eBay as the seller wrecked his S and never got the chance to install it. I had to drill holes for the sensors and bought sensor brackets from Tesla. Getting this bumper installed was a major obstacle, but I got it on with the help from my wrap guy and all is good. I can say I haven't seen any modified front bumper or kit on an S out here in Southern California.
I’ve installed one on a nose cone S as well. What kind of issues did you have? One of the main reasons it has a hard time fitting properly on the Prefacelift S is because the support beam sticks out just slightly further on the Prefacelift S compared to the one on the facelift S. So it keeps it from fitting as flush as it should. Something that is not an issue when doing the Oem facelift front bumper conversion. It has more room on the oem front bumper so doesn’t effect the fitment when doing the conversion. You should not have had any issues with fitment if installed on a facelift S though. But it looks like your S is a Prefacelift with just a facelift rear bumper and side skirts.
IMG_0595.jpeg
IMG_2522 Copy.jpeg
IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_1721.jpeg
IMG_0592.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0593.jpeg
    IMG_0593.jpeg
    882.6 KB · Views: 52
It’s by far the best kit for the Model S, the only one that’s better is UP’s S-Apex kit. Which is so expensive it’s comical. What I wanted to do was use the PD front bumper with the S-Apex kit since the PD front bumper is way better than the Oem Tesla facelift (or PlaidS) Bumper. If the PD front bumper was added to the S-Apex kit it would be the best looking Tesla by far. I’ve actually had a few S’s with the PD full kit.

If you’re interested in buying the rear bumper and side skirts from this kit lmk. I have a brand new rear bumper, brand new side skirts, as well as the widebody flares/arches I can sell. Just message me.

If the flares/arches are molded into the car it looks a 100X better as well.

Quick question. How did you achieve this 2 tone look? Did you paint the entire bumper white and then paint the the middle portion and foglight area black? Or did you paint the entire bumper white and use black vinyl to cover those areas?

1698300019059.png

Quick question. How did you achieve this 2 tone look? Did you paint the entire bumper white and then paint the the middle portion and foglight area black? Or did you paint the entire bumper white and use black vinyl to cover those areas?

View attachment 985389
Since I can’t figure out to send pictures on direct messages this is how I how his S was a Prefacelift
IMG_1758.jpeg

It doesn’t reach all the way cause of the front support beam is thicker on a Prefacelift compared to a Facelift

Reactions: D Unit

View attachment 985389
Yes and yes… if painting you would mask off the areas you want one color. So you would paint the black areas first then cover them and paint the rest white. Or you could just use vinyl to do it as well. All personal preface.

Also you will notice on the prior design bumper above the parking sensors aren’t flush. This is because the bumper is thicker so you either need to not use retainers or use adhesive and not double sided tape to mount them in order to make the flush.

Just some things to know when you get yours and have your guy install them. But definitely have him test fit before painting and installing.

Prior Design body kits are notorious for needing fabrication. Especially the side skirts more than anything else on this specific kit and most likely the rear spoiler

• Love
Sorry should have posted a picture what I was referring to. Here’s what I’m talking about.
IMG_1765.jpeg
When you buy a tesla bumper they come with retainers already mounted with adhesive and some with double sided tape (3M). But if you buy new retainers from Tesla they come with the 3M already attached so it would happen even with the facelift bumper somewhat cause 3M tape is too thick. It’s the front sensors that are the issue, and those are glued on like this compared to the side retainers.
IMG_1768.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg

IMG_1766.jpeg

If you have not bought your kit already I have a brand new widebody one. It will take probably 6 months to get one once you order it.

• Love
Since I can’t figure out to send pictures on direct messages this is how I how his S was a Prefacelift
View attachment 985578
It doesn’t reach all the way cause of the front support beam is thicker on a Prefacelift compared to a Facelift
My car is an August 2016 (therefore 2016.5) build with the refresh bumper when I purchased it back in 2021 directly from Tesla. Could it be that production had that support beam during the refresh? Thanks for zooming the flaws of this bumper and perhaps I should have a professional shop install it. Anything aftermarket is never smooth as I know during my BMW days.