Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Premium Center Console - Only in Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who were lucky enough to get their center consoles, does the center console block the USB ports and 12V thing?

No, it's right underneath them. In fact, the phone charger in the console plugs into one of the USB ports.

This isn't exactly right.

While it is true that the phone charger for the charging port in the console plugs into one of the USB ports (or into the 12V port if you get a 12V USB adapter) all three ports are actually contained within the borders of the console. The console is not "underneath them." When the folding door is closed, the ports are inaccessible, as they are under the door. When the door is opened, the ports are accessible.

This isn't exactly right.

While it is true that the phone charger for the charging port in the console plugs into one of the USB ports (or into the 12V port if you get a 12V USB adapter) all three ports are actually contained within the borders of the console. The console is not "underneath them." When the folding door is closed, the ports are inaccessible, as they are under the door. When the door is opened, the ports are accessible.

Gotcha! Thanks! Actually thats even better, so I don't accidentally drop ice cream into the USB port, with the door closed.
Now only if this damn unicorn would go on sale again!

Originally reserved a Lacewood trim center console in Oct 2014, got my number and order placed in May 2015 (oh no only black trim!!!!) and still waiting for installation. Fremont factory no slots until July 16, Sunnyvale end of july and Palo alto July 8. What a mess.........

Mine gets installed by Ranger Service tomorrow in my company parking garage. This weekend will add the carbon fiber, which has been standing by for a week.

Will be interested in seeing what's involved in getting the folding door out and back in, assuming you need to do that to add the carbon fiber.

I'm still hoping that's not tough to do, and that someone creates a piece or (or pieces) to swap in for the Piano Black.

Will be interested in seeing what's involved in getting the folding door out and back in, assuming you need to do that to add the carbon fiber.

I'm still hoping that's not tough to do, and that someone creates a piece or (or pieces) to swap in for the Piano Black.

That's why I'm having this done via Ranger. I can see the device before it's installed and observe the installation. At some point I'm assuming I'll have to take it apart to add the CF layers.

Just bought a carbon fiber front center console on eBay yesterday in perfect condition...I suggest others look into doing this as well if you don't want to wait

The Tesla Carbon Fiber center console or a different one? I can't imagine anyone is selling any of the Tesla non-piano black consoles.

If anyone with the Tesla Matte Obeche is interested in selling the entire console, or just swapping the Matte Obeche piece for the Piano Black piece for a fee, I am interested.