Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s one change. Ugh...talk about backward thinking in the design department. Hey Tesla ..let’s add a gas motor to recharge the battery while you’re into backward design thinking. What a novel and innovative idea. Oh...and call it a ‘hybrid’. You’re almost there with the new gas tank look.

Not the upgrade I would choose. Happy with my hidden charge port.

Tesla unveils new dual connector charge port design for Model S and Model X

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Here’s one change. Ugh...talk about backward thinking in the design department. Hey Tesla ..let’s add a gas motor to recharge the battery while you’re into backward design thinking. What a novel and innovative idea. Oh...and call it a ‘hybrid’. You’re almost there with the new gas tank look.

I think that's for China only.

But yeah, I'd hate to have a 'fuel door-looking thingie' on the US Teslas. Bleah. :(

Applicable to cars destined for China only.

If it gives me more compatibility, especially with other DC fast charging, I’m all for it. There are a couple of places I charge that have only CHADEMO or CCS, so I have to use my adapter. Would be nice to just plug in CCS, especially if that’s going to be the new non-tesla DCFC standard.

Reactions: pers1
If it gives me more compatibility, especially with other DC fast charging, I’m all for it. There are a couple of places I charge that have only CHADEMO or CCS, so I have to use my adapter. Would be nice to just plug in CCS, especially if that’s going to be the new non-tesla DCFC standard.

Oh I agree re: compatibility :) it’s the design which I find archaic vs a neatly hidden charge port complimenting the aesthetics and innnovative factor of the car.

The changes to Tesla's incentive program ending the $1000 off at the end of October tells me something is probably coming in November. They discontinued the incentive program for a few months when they introduced the Model S facelift in 2016.

I don't think they'd make a big change in the Model S production line until they get the Model 3 completely ramped up. So I could see a refreshed S coming in 2H'18.

Status
Not open for further replies.