Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look on the American store, they have floor mats for the 7 seat Model X, original and mats for cars built between 10/18/2016 and 8/22/2017. I didn't see any for post 8/22/2017, but maybe the online store in the Netherlands got them in before the US store (maybe they're made in Europe?).

In any case, I think it's highly likely it's just a typo on the year. The different date can be chalked up to when they were making European destined cars vs making US destined cars. They probably stopped making the old layout on Sept 4 for European cars and it was August 22 for US cars.

Nothing to see here, move along...

Reactions: Red5StandingBy
Seems like there may be more than just lighted mirrors, Bluetooth antennas & a new MCU under the hood of March 2018 builds.
I posted this thread on Immersive Sound this morning.
Immersive Sound on New MCU?
Also my March 2018 build MS100D’s autowiping is perfect. By the way it’s performing, I’d aware that they added the rain sensor back in.
Does this look any different?
B0110955-5845-48EC-8236-B02F604B4C1E.jpeg
87584B71-41CF-4339-95E2-7F39CDBED331.jpeg

Seems like there may be more than just lighted mirrors, Bluetooth antennas & a new MCU under the hood of March 2018 builds.
Also my March 2018 build MS100D’s autowiping is perfect. By the way it’s performing, I’d aware that they added the rain sensor back in.
View attachment 293720 View attachment 293721
Pretty sure that's the ambient light sensor. Model 3 has the same thing. Also, I think the immersive sound is linked to the MCu and not the speakers, so swapping out the MCU *should* get older owners the feature

View attachment 293720 View attachment 293721

The key thing is does the rain sensing wipers work flawlessly at night?

If this thread goes on long enough there will be an update!
Check durability on the active suspensions and see if you want to pay $3000 every 50 - 60K miles. The AMG down the street has Active Body control. ABC died around 10K miles, 7 days in the shop (under warranty). I find it strange to ride in as the car tilts in a corner but can see getting used to it.

• Funny
Reactions: badboy1980 and Ken7
Not true, it's already in use in Audi's A8

From the article in Wired you posted, it sounds like what they are working on is even more advanced than what is available in some European luxury cars.

@The Duke has a point. Suspensions take more of a beating than any other part of a car. New suspension types eventually get reliable or get discontinued, but early versions of a new type almost always have problems with long term reliability.

From the article in Wired you posted, it sounds like what they are working on is even more advanced than what is available in some European luxury cars.

@The Duke has a point. Suspensions take more of a beating than any other part of a car. New suspension types eventually get reliable or get discontinued, but early versions of a new type almost always have problems with long term reliability.
This is true. I once bought a new 2004 Mercedes SL where it was either the first, or one of the first cars with Active Body Control. I liked the car and kept it for over a decade, but the cost of keeping ABC working over the years was about as much as the car's ultimate trade in value.

I don’t think any other European luxury car has a suspension as advanced as the new A8’s. Though you can be sure the next gen S-Class will have something comparable.

I don’t think any other European luxury car has a suspension as advanced as the new A8’s. Though you can be sure the next gen S-Class will have something comparable.

The Mercedes ABC system is notoriously expensive to repair and this new system is likely even more expensive. Personally, I wish whatever suspension they offer in the future be robust as with many of these sophisticated suspensions, if it breaks down, often times you can't drive the car any more.

We already made it 9 months, let's see if we can have a full year of "imminent range and interior update".

Well, I have been hearing about the imminent 500 mile range Model S for about 3 years now and that's just the time I'm actively interested in Tesla (reading and writing on forums etc.), for some that might be even longer.

• Funny
Reactions: Red5StandingBy
Check durability on the active suspensions and see if you want to pay $3000 every 50 - 60K miles. The AMG down the street has Active Body control. ABC died around 10K miles, 7 days in the shop (under warranty). I find it strange to ride in as the car tilts in a corner but can see getting used to it.

I've had numerous cars with ABC. All you have to do is change the Pentosin fluid regularly. When water gets into the system, it rusts the ABC components. By flushing the Pentosin, the fluid stays moisture free and the ABC can last for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.