Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just hold out (or not, I have a later reservation than you hah). But we have seen zero deliveries of cars from the lot of misfit toys. Just make sure your VIN’s last six digits are 435 or higher. And you should be good.
I'm curious how you came up with 435 or higher? I have a Plaid on it's way for delivery this week and it is just under 432. I did ask Tesla why so low and they said it had been allocated to someone else and was released due to no response from the buyer. Build date is June 3rd.

I'm curious how you came up with 435 or higher? I have a Plaid on it's way for delivery this week and it is just under 432. I did ask Tesla why so low and they said it had been allocated to someone else and was released due to no response from the buyer. Build date is June 3rd.
It was literally just a number a few higher than the delivery event VINs. We know the delivery event was 431 per Omar’s VIN. So if you want to get specific, 432 or higher is going to be OK.

It was literally just a number a few higher than the delivery event VINs. We know the delivery event was 431 per Omar’s VIN. So if you want to get specific, 432 or higher is going to be OK.
Thanks. I was worried there were issues with earlier numbers. Mine is a 431 but only about 50 below 432. Since I know my build date was June 3rd, I guess I can assume my build was in the same time frame as the delivery event cars. I did mention to the Tesla rep that texted me the build date that maybe I'll get lucky and have a graphic badge on the car...

Reactions: cwanja
Thanks. I was worried there were issues with earlier numbers. Mine is a 431 but only about 50 below 432. Since I know my build date was June 3rd, I guess I can assume my build was in the same time frame as the delivery event cars. I did mention to the Tesla rep that texted me the build date that maybe I'll get lucky and have a graphic badge on the car...
If not, you can get one for $19.99 on Amazon!

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja
My new MS LR just arrived today. Ordered it in early February just a few days after the ordering opened. I recieved a text this morning that I could pick it up at the Vallejo CA center on Monday (I live in the SF East Bay), but then they called an hour later and said it would be delivered to my home today. They will leave the car in the driveway and send an email that it has arrived (no contact delivery). I then logged into the Tesla website, acknowledged delivery and my Tesla phone app activates a button to unlock the car.

Mine is midnight silver with beige interior, 19 inch wheels and FSD. So I will be able to active the FSD button and if I drive well the next week should have FSD beta in the car next week.

This replaces my early 2013 MS (vin under 5000) that we ordered in June 2012 and received in Feb 2013. So the new MS will take just about a month less to arrive than our first MS.

Our first is an 85 which cost $90K (including sale tax and and everything else) $14K less than the new MS. However that included $10K of tax credits ($7500 from US, $2500 from CA). The new one has $1500 discount from CA energy rebate. So the new one is about $5K more without tax credits, but also includes $10K for FSD and a zillion improvements since 2013, including an EPA range increase from around 250 to 405. According to the Consumer Price Index, $90K in 2013 (the net price of our first MS) is equal to $105K in 2021, $1K more than the net price of our new MS.)